View Full Version : Arena Tournament, Round 78: Max Artifice vs. Veldrin

ArenaManager
2009-11-15, 04:26 PM
Arena Tournament, Round 78: Max Artifice vs. Veldrin

Map:
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z123/TheChilliGod/Giantitp/Arena4ii.gif

XP Award: 300 XP
GP Award: 300 GP

Max Artifice (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=162085) - RPGAgmJAY
Veldrin (http://coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=6213) - RandomAction

All Combatants, please roll initiative and declare final purchases, if any

RandomAction
2009-11-15, 04:41 PM
Checking in....

Veldrin, ini [roll0]

No purchases as of yet. Thinking them over.

RPGAgmJAY
2009-11-15, 09:18 PM
Checking in...

Initiative: [roll0]

No purchases.
Reserve right to reactionary purchases.

Nice character build.

RandomAction
2009-11-15, 09:38 PM
Thanks, your too.

I am staying with no purchases, if you do as well then here we go.

Veldrin,R-1:
Start in C-10, with short sword readied.
Enter Child of Shadow Stance - swift action.
Use a spell-like ability - standard action.
Spellcraft DC:16Cast Darkness on my armor.
Move to B-6, breaking LoS.
Refs/LoS: Continue on to B-4.

End turn.

Ref Question that doesn't hinder play.
I asked this earlier but never got an answer. With the spell Mirror Image, do I get to select where my images are and where I truely am, posted in a ref spoiler of course, or do we just randomly roll to see if he hits me. I would like the first option, because this allows me some tactical uses. i.e. moving an image to be next to my opponent, so he thinks that I am beside him.

Stats:
Darkness (1/100 rounds)
Hp: 10/10
AC: 15(+2armor+3dex), T-13, F-12
Saves: F+2, R+5, W+6
Listen/Spot: +7/+5

Sallera
2009-11-15, 09:47 PM
Veldrin:The line "Generally, roll randomly to see whether the selected target is real or a figment" would seem to indicate that such precise control isn't really possible.

RandomAction
2009-11-15, 09:56 PM
Refs
True, but it also says I can positon them as long as they are wihtin 5' of either me or an image. Could I not put one in contact with my enemy thus staying away from him so that he attacks my image?

Sallera
2009-11-15, 10:00 PM
Veldrin:Where does it say that, exactly? I can see only that they remain in a cluster, and that they remain within 5ft of each other.

RandomAction
2009-11-15, 10:07 PM
RefsIt says they must stay within 5' of me or an image. Thus if I have 3 images, I could have one beside me, one beside it and the other beside it adjacent to my enemy. If my opponent attacks the one closest to him, how would he hit me if I wasn't there? The spell does give me limited control over them as long as they are touching at least another one.

RPGAgmJAY
2009-11-16, 09:27 AM
Max - Round 1

Starting in X11 with scrolls and spiked gauntlet:

Scrolls of Mage Armor, shield, color spray and shorching ray.

Spellcraft check to identify opponent's magic: [roll0]

LoS:

Standard Action: Attempt to Cast Spell from Scroll.
UMD check (DC21): [roll1]
Refs pop spoiler if successful, otherwise spell failed to activate.

Mage Armor targeting self.

Move Action: 20' to Y15.
Hide: [roll2]

Done.

Stats:

Max Artifice
HP: 7/7
AC:20 (ff16, t15)
Armed with: Scrolls of Shield, Color Spray, Scorching Ray
Infusions Remaining: 3

RPGAgmJAY
2009-11-16, 10:22 AM
Clarification:

Couldn't find 'Drow Legacy' in Drow of the Underdark, where is this feat found?

Thanks!

RandomAction
2009-11-16, 01:56 PM
Page 220, at the bottom.

I do not think there is LoS, so here is my turn.

Veldrin,R-2:
Refs/LoS:
Double move to J-3.

End turn.

Stats:
Darkness (1/100 rounds)

RPGAgmJAY
2009-11-16, 02:21 PM
Thanks.

For the record, a half-elf with Drow ancestry is not allowed to select feats that require the character to be a Drow. Though, you can select the Half-Drow race from 'Races of Faerun' which specifically does give this ability. Might want to ask a ref if you can make the change so your character actually works because right now you don't qualify for those feats.

Of course, Half-Drow might not count as a 'Half-elf' for the Drow Legacy feat as Half-Drow is a seperate race (though I would argue that Half-Drow is a sub-race of Half-elf, which should meet the RAW).

I'll hit the Waiting Room to ask for a LoS check in the mean-time.

Good Gaming!
-Jason

RandomAction
2009-11-16, 05:42 PM
It makes sense to me that I do qualify (Hell I even asked about this), but I will leave it to the Refs to decide.

chilepepper
2009-11-18, 11:30 AM
High Ref chilepepper

I don't know who answered the original question, but as I read it you don't qualify for the feat. The specific text that's relevant is "for all special abilites and effects, a half-drow is considered a drow." A feat prerequisite is neither a special ability or an effect.

Drow Legacy is fine, half-elves can freely choose the elf part of their ancestery because the union of any elf and a human is a half-elf.

Gift of the Spider Queen is the problem as it's prereq is Drow.

*This is not an official ruling, as there may have already been a discussion about this I don't know. I'll cast Summon High Ref IV in the Waiting room. In the mean-time, let's put this match on hold.

RPGAgmJAY
2009-11-18, 12:36 PM
Since a high ref summon was made let me take this opportunity to make the following request:

Once this is resolved and my opponent has a legal build I ask that this match continue. I'd prefer not to win by DQ and hope that this request can be honored. =)

Good Gaming!

RandomAction
2009-11-18, 03:23 PM
Thank you for the vote, RPGAgmJAY.

The only arguements I can make in my case:
I have seen this similiar occurance on the wizard boards before and elven blood was stated as being a member of that race for all things. i.e PrC's/Feats/anything requirements with reguard to race

If the refs decide I should change my build, I can understand. *Sniff*Was a great build.*
I wish to switch out Gift of the Spider Queen(legal(?)) for At Home in the Deep(legal) in the same book.

RPGAgmJAY
2009-11-18, 08:55 PM
Actually, I was going to suggest taking something like the lesser Drow race in Player's Guide to Faerun, might get you what you need. If you want some serious help on the build, let me know what you would like and I'll try. =)

Good Gaming!
-Jason

RandomAction
2009-11-18, 09:42 PM
Thanks for the offer. I looked at the lesser drow and didn't like it. But I am satisfied with my alternate feat choice. Concealment from darkness miss chance removed.

Psionic Dog
2009-11-24, 04:43 PM
High Ref PsiDog

@Refs
No LoS and between the buildings/walls and distance the chance of a meaningful listen is negligible for both.

Max
No LoS

Veldrin
No LoS

RandomAction
2009-11-24, 04:58 PM
So I take it that the Refs have givin' my character the thumbs up?

Tanaric
2009-11-24, 05:03 PM
Kyeudo all but said yes here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7357330&postcount=381), and the matter of "is the term 'effect' extended to feats as well" received no answer other than my initial tentative positive, so I think you're good to go unless anyone has objections?

RandomAction
2009-11-24, 05:05 PM
Kyeudo all but said yes here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7357330&postcount=381), and the matter of "is the term 'effect' extended to feats as well" received no answer other than my initial tentative positive, so I think you're good to go unless anyone has objections?

How did I miss that????? :smallredface:

RPGAgmJAY
2009-11-25, 09:01 AM
No objection, will post later today or maybe tomorrow. Thanksgiving is a tough season for me.

RandomAction
2009-11-25, 10:29 AM
I know the feeling. Some-how I always end up doing the cooking. :smallsigh:

RPGAgmJAY
2009-11-26, 09:49 PM
Max - Round 2

LoS:

Standard Action: Attempt to cast from scroll.
UMD check (DC21): [roll0]
Pop spoiler if successful, otherwise ignore as spell fails to activate.

Shield targeting self.

Free Action: Attempt to hide better.
Hide: [roll1]

Done.

Stats:

Max Artifice
AC:24 (ff20, t15)
Armed with: Scrolls Color Spray and Scorching Ray
Mage Armor 1/600

RandomAction
2009-11-26, 11:02 PM
I am going to assume no LoS.

Veldrin, R-3:
Refs/LoS:
As a swift action - activate GotSQ feat.
Spellcraft DC16:
Cast Mirror Image on self gaining [roll0] images, by sacrificing 1 daily use of Faerie Fire and Dancing Lights.

Double move to L-8 while trying to hide and be quiet.
Move: [roll2]

End turn.

Stats:
Darkness (2/100 rounds), Mirror Image (0/10 rounds)
Attack: Short sword +2, 1d6+1
Manuervers:
Distracting Ember, Wind Stride, Sudden Leap, Mighty Throw
Child of Shadow stance <Active>

Bayar
2009-11-27, 05:03 AM
initiate Ref Bayar

Dont mind me, just asking a friendly question to the other Artificier lover in this thread. You can do whatever you want, ignore me.

@RPGAgmJAY:
Why did you craft a scroll of Kelgore's Fire Bolt at CL 3 ?

RPGAgmJAY
2009-11-29, 10:21 AM
Quick response to ref question:

For the extra damage when I activate it. 3d6 is better than 1d6.

To my opponent:

Dude, still stuck in Thanksgiving mode. Will post by tomorrow evening.

Bayar
2009-11-29, 12:11 PM
@RPGAgmJAY:
Well, you know that even if you craft it at a higher level, you will use your actual artificier level to calculate effects if your artificier level is lower than the CL. So that CL 3 Kelgore Fire bolt scroll you have there...will only deal 1d6 damage at artificier level 1.

RandomAction
2009-11-29, 01:17 PM
RPGAgmJAY:
Hey no problem. I have been trying to recover from 'turkey day' myself.

RPGAgmJAY
2009-12-01, 08:55 AM
Alright... was about to post my turn but realized I need a LoS check. I hate making assumptions. I'll request it now.

RPGAgmJAY
2009-12-02, 01:27 PM
@RPGAgmJAY:
Well, you know that even if you craft it at a higher level, you will use your actual artificier level to calculate effects if your artificier level is lower than the CL. So that CL 3 Kelgore Fire bolt scroll you have there...will only deal 1d6 damage at artificier level 1.

Response to Ref question:

Actually, my caster level for crafting magic items is 3 and my artificer ability raises it to 5 for meeting prerequisites (though it still can only craft at my caster level of 3). I've got the boost from 'Sovereign Archetype: Flame of the Forge' so I can craft at caster level 3.

Makes for an interesting build. Once I've got a victory under my belt and have some gold to craft with I should have some interesting abilities. Then at 2nd level I can craft potions/oils of my artificer infusions... ouch. =)

No effect on game... still waiting on a LoS check.

Psionic Dog
2009-12-06, 03:03 PM
High Ref PsiDog

@Refs
Max is hiding behind cover, and Veldrin & images are hiding inside a moving cloud of dark concealment.
[roll0]
[roll1]
And... they both fail.

Max Artifice
You watch as a gray cloud of shadow drifts south to fill the area from H-8 to P-8 north to the building and south to L-12. ((I don't think anyone mentioned this, but you saw this same cloud appear around Veldrin in Round 1 after he finished casting))

Anyway, no LoS

Veldrin
No LoS

RPGAgmJAY
2009-12-06, 11:55 PM
Max - Round 3

LoS:

Move Action: Spot check to see if my opponent is somewhere in that darkness.
Spot: [roll0]

Standard Action: Ready an action.

Cast Color Spray from Scroll if the center of the darkness circle comes within range.

Free Action: Keep hiding

Done.

Stats:

Max Artifice
AC:24 (ff20, t15)
Armed with: Scrolls Color Spray and Scorching Ray
Mage Armor 2/600
Shield 1/10

RandomAction
2009-12-07, 02:09 AM
Veldrin,R-4:
Ref/LoS:
Double move to L-14, while trying to hide and be sneaky.
Hide: [roll0]
Move: [roll1]

End turn.

Stats:
Darkness (3/100 rounds), Mirror Image (1/10 rounds)
Manuervers:

Psionic Dog
2009-12-07, 07:16 AM
@Refs
Nothing to see here. Veldrin has a hide 7 at his lowest. +6 distance at their closest = DC 13. Max rolled a 12 and failed.

Max Artivice
You watch the cloud drift further south until the shadows reach P-14 at their closest.
No LoS

Veldrin
No LoS

RPGAgmJAY
2009-12-07, 09:09 AM
Max - Round 4

LoS:

Standard Action: Infuse clothes with 'Shield of Faith'.

Move Action: Draw small stones (from spell component pouch).

Reactive spot (to darkness moving): [roll0]

Done.

Stats:

Max Artifice
AC:26 (ff22, t17)
Armed with: Spiked Gauntlet, Scrolls Color Spray and Scorching Ray
Infusions Remaining: 2
Mage Armor 3/600
Shield 2/10
Shield of Faith 1/10

RandomAction
2009-12-08, 02:38 AM
Veldrin,R-5:
Ref/Los:
Double move to Q-14, while trying to stay hidden and moving quietly.

End turn.

Stats:
Darkness (4/100 rounds), Mirror Image (2/10 rounds)
Manuervers:

RPGAgmJAY
2009-12-08, 09:24 AM
Making a LoS request before I take my turn.

Also, a ref question:

Can I target the square I think a creature is standing in with a spell without seeing the creature? In this case I assume the creature is centered in the darkness. If I can target the center of this effect without seeing him, then I'll do so.

Psionic Dog
2009-12-08, 12:35 PM
@Refs
The players both rolled all needed checks for themselves and still haven't seen each other.

@Max
The cloud moves east another 25 ft.
No LoS.

As for spell targeting:

Spells generating an Array of Effect function normally (assume target is within area)

Spells with attack rolls may target suspected squares and roll miss chance as normal for any other mundane attack against a hidden creature.

Other spells that have affect specific Targets usually require you to either see or touch the target, and thus would not function against a successfully hidden creature- unless the spell description specifically states LoS to not be needed.

Veldrin
No LoS

RPGAgmJAY
2009-12-08, 01:14 PM
Max - Round 5

LoS:

Move Action: Move to S13

Standard Action: Activate scroll.
UMD check (DC21): [roll0]
Pop spoiler if successful, otherwise ignore as spell fails to activate.

Scroll of Color Spray directed toward the West (to the left on the map from my current position)
Will Save (DC15) or The creature is unconscious, blinded, and stunned for 2d4 rounds, then blinded and stunned for 1d4 rounds, and then stunned for 1 round.

Reactive Spot: [roll1]
Reactive Listen: [roll2]

Done. (You might want to ask for LoS)

Stats:

Max Artifice
Armed with: Spiked Gauntlet, Scrolls Color Spray and Scorching Ray
Infusions Remaining: 2
Mage Armor 4/600
Shield 3/10
Shield of Faith 2/10

Sallera
2009-12-09, 04:06 PM
Veldrin:Max moves to S13 and casts a spell in your general direction. Will save, DC15.

Max:No LoS.

RandomAction
2009-12-09, 11:13 PM
Refs:Under the influence of Mirror Imgae, does he need to make a miss roll with this or is it not effected. Anyways here is my save: [roll0]

RandomAction
2009-12-09, 11:48 PM
Ok, I think this is a little confusing.

Veldrin,R-6:
Refs:
Well then.

Start by moving to S-12, going by this route: Q-14 to Q-12, R-11, S-12
Try to remain hidden while I move.

Initiate martial manuever - standard action.
Martial Lore DC:16(?)
Mighty Throw. Touch attack to try and trip.

Melee Touch attack, before any bonuses: [roll2] (not sure which ones to apply)
20% concelment miss chance: 1 = miss [roll3], reroll has 5 = miss [roll4]
Trip attempt: [roll5]
+4dex+4manuever+4size(I think I get a size bonus for him being small correct? If not subtract 4 from roll
If I am successful throw him prone in S-13.
End turn.

Stats:
Darkness (5/100 rounds), Mirror Image (3/10 rounds)
Manuervers:
Distracting Ember, Wind Stride, Sudden Leap, Mighty Throw<used>

Sallera
2009-12-10, 11:40 AM
LoS established as Veldrin misses Max. Veldrin is in S12, Max in S13.

RPGAgmJAY
2009-12-10, 04:54 PM
I need to know what my opponent is armed with and any effects he's got going. I'm going to assume the giant black globe is darkness? =) Man I hate Drow.

I've got a spiked gauntlet on as well as a scroll in one hand.

Good Gaming!
-Jason

Bayar
2009-12-11, 08:19 AM
Initiate Ref Bayar:

Response to Ref question:

Actually, my caster level for crafting magic items is 3 and my artificer ability raises it to 5 for meeting prerequisites (though it still can only craft at my caster level of 3). I've got the boost from 'Sovereign Archetype: Flame of the Forge' so I can craft at caster level 3.

Makes for an interesting build. Once I've got a victory under my belt and have some gold to craft with I should have some interesting abilities. Then at 2nd level I can craft potions/oils of my artificer infusions... ouch. =)

Yeah, actually that wont work.
Benefit: Craft and Use Magic Device are added
to the list of class skills. The dragon’s effective caster
level is increased by two for the purpose of creating
magic items.
It says for creating magic items, not for casting them. You still have the artificier restriction when casting from scrolls you create even though you did not use the artificier class feature.

For purposes of meeting item prerequisites, an
artificer’s effective caster level equals his artificer level
+2. If the item duplicates a spell effect, however, it uses
the artificer’s actual level as its caster level.

And second thing is: you can't normally put infusions on scrolls/potions/wands. There are only two ways to make them into stored items. One is the Etch Schema creation feat, the other is the Brew universal potion class feature of the Alchemist Savant PrC.

RPGAgmJAY
2009-12-11, 08:32 AM
Initiate Ref Bayar:

Yeah, actually that wont work.
It says for creating magic items, not for casting them. You still have the artificier restriction when casting from scrolls you create even though you did not use the artificier class feature.

And second thing is: you can't normally put infusions on scrolls/potions/wands. There are only two ways to make them into stored items. One is the Etch Schema creation feat, the other is the Brew universal potion class feature of the Alchemist Savant PrC.

Response to Ref (no effect on this game):

Yes it will. The artificer restriction says if you're a level 1 artificer and you make a 2nd level scroll (effective CL:3) you craft it as normal but the scroll is only going to have a CL:1. The artificer ability only meets pre-requisites, it doesn't actually raise CL.

The Sovereign Archetype raises my caster level for creating magic items, not just to meet the prerequisites. So the build can make scrolls with a caster level of 3 and meet the prerequisites of a level 5.

As for crafting magic items with artificer infusions, I already got approval from Kyeudo on that one. Seems the RAW states that you can craft magic items with infusions, WotC attempted to change that with errata later on but we use the RAW of the rulebooks. Feel free to take up your arguement with him. I've got the e-mails to back his ruling, let me know if you want them.

Still waiting on my opponent or a ref to post what my opponent is equipped with and give me a definite on the magic he's buffed with. (I'm pretty sure it's Drow darkness racial ability but I want to be clear before declaring an action.)

RandomAction
2009-12-12, 10:52 PM
To speed up play: I am holding a short sword and you are correct on the darkness.

Sallera
2009-12-12, 11:12 PM
And there are four of you.

RPGAgmJAY
2009-12-13, 01:21 PM
Excuse me... 4 of what exactly?

Sallera
2009-12-13, 05:25 PM
Four Veldrins.

RandomAction
2009-12-13, 06:30 PM
Four Veldrins.

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about that. You see four Veldrins standing before you. I will probably get slapped for this, but I can not resist: "Shadow-clone-jutsu!"

RPGAgmJAY
2009-12-14, 08:56 AM
You know how long it took me, researching all of the tricks you've got in those feats on your character sheet to figure out you can cast mirror image. Talk about a bunch of homework. Here's a question though: since you attacked me after my spell I assume you didn't just cast mirror image, which means those mirror images got nailed by an AoE spell. Doesn't that negate them?

Refs ONLY:

If his mirror images didn't pop on my AoE spell, can I determine which of the Veldrins is standing at the exact center of the magical darkness? Or do I have to pop them one by one?

Sallera
2009-12-14, 11:20 AM
Given that "any successful attack against an image destroys it," and your spell was neither an attack nor successful, I'd say they're still around.

Max:Don't think that's really possible, since they seem to be able to all stand in the same square, or near as.

RPGAgmJAY
2009-12-14, 11:30 PM
Max - Round 6

Free Action: Speak Undercommon: "Very tricky... let us dance, shall we?"

Move Action: Move to P18 (and out of LoS). This does trigger an AoO from you.

LoS:

Hide in P18. [roll0]
Standard Action: Cast Magic Stone, enchanting 3 stones.

Done.

Stats:

Max Artifice
Armed with: Spiked Gauntlet, Scroll Scorching Ray, 3 Magic Stones.
Infusions Remaining: 1
Mage Armor 5/600
Shield 4/10
Shield of Faith 3/10

RandomAction
2009-12-15, 12:53 AM
Veldrin,R-7:

Free action - speak in undercommon: "Just wait. It gets better."

~AoO attack~
Attack: [roll0]
Crit, check: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Crit, dmg: [roll3]

Refs/LoS:
I guess I will follow him.

Activate Wind Stride - swift action.
Double move to P-19, while trying to hide and be quiet.
Hide: [roll4]
Move: [roll5]

End turn.

Stats:
Darkness (6/100 rounds), Mirror Image (4/10 rounds)
Manuervers:
Distracting Ember, Wind Stride<used>, Sudden Leap, Mighty Throw<used>

Sallera
2009-12-15, 01:56 AM
Refs:Fun.
Max Spot: [roll0]
Max Listen: [roll1]
Veldrin Spot: [roll2]
Veldrin Listen: [roll3]

LoS established as Veldrin enters R13. Max is in P18. Veldrin may revise his turn from this point.

RandomAction
2009-12-15, 03:30 AM
Veldrin,R-7,redux:

Ok then, continue my move to P-19, provoking AoO from my opponent as I pass through Q-17/18(?).
As a standard action - cancel the Darkness spell.

End turn.

Stats:
Child of Shadow stance: 20% miss chance
Mirror Image (3 images) (4/10 rounds)
Manuervers:
Distracting Ember, Wind Stride<used>, Sudden Leap, Mighty Throw<used>

RPGAgmJAY
2009-12-15, 08:48 AM
Max - Round 7

Free Action: Speak (Undercommon): Now THIS is a fight!

AoO: Spiked Gauntlet
Damage: [roll1] (minimum of 1 hp)
Veldrin hit: [roll2] 1-3 is a mirror image, 4 is Veldrin.

Move Action: to Q17 (provoking AoO)
Standard Action: Throw a magic stone at Veldrin.
Attack: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4] (-1 Str/+1 enhancement balances out)
Veldrin hit: [roll5] 1-3 is a mirror image, 4 is Veldrin.

Done.

Stats:

Max Artifice
Armed with: Spiked Gauntlet, Scroll Scorching Ray, 2 Magic Stones.
Mage Armor 6/600
Shield 5/10
Shield of Faith 4/10

RandomAction
2009-12-15, 04:02 PM
Veldrin,R-8:

Undercommon to my opponent, free - "No, this is a dance to death."

~AoO~
attack: [roll0]
dmg: [roll2]
Crit, dmg: [roll3]

~Actions~
Declare opponent as Chosen Foe, free action, choice will stay for every round. (Reminder to myself here, forgot to do this earlier.)

5' step to Q-18.
Activate Distracting Ember boost, swift.
Martial Lore DC:16 Gain flanking benefits against target.

Let's get stabbity. - standard action.
Attack: [roll4]
Crit, check: [roll5]
Dmg: [roll6]
Crit, dmg: [roll7]

End turn.

RandomAction
2009-12-15, 04:06 PM
This shouldn't hold up play.
Refs: Would the images have the 20% miss chance from my stance as well?

Forgot Stats.

Mirror Image (3<2?> images) (5/10 rounds)
AC: 16(+2armor+3dex+1feat), T-14, F-13
Manuervers:
Distracting Ember<used>, Wind Stride<used>, Sudden Leap, Mighty Throw<used>

RPGAgmJAY
2009-12-15, 04:17 PM
Max - Round 8

((Your attacks have all missed thus far.))

Free Action: Speak (Undercommon): I'd rather hit you than dance with you.

Free Action: 5' to Q16
Standard Action: Throw a magic stone at Veldrin.
Damage: [roll1] (-1 Str/+1 enhancement balances out)
Veldrin hit: [roll2] 1-2 is a mirror image, 3 is Veldrin.

Move Action: Stick scroll in belt.

Done.

Stats:

Max Artifice
Armed with: Spiked Gauntlet, 1 Magic Stones.
Mage Armor 7/600
Shield 6/10
Shield of Faith 5/10

Sallera
2009-12-15, 04:35 PM
Veldrin:Yes, as the chance is from concealment, it applies to your images as well.

RandomAction
2009-12-15, 04:55 PM
Ok, the images also have concealment against you as well RPGAgmJAY, I think I get to make the miss rolls, if not ignore the following:

Here is the miss chance roll for the last attack: 1 = Miss - [roll0]

You may need to reroll the mirror image for the newest attack, but here is the miss chance roll for it: 5 = Miss - [roll1]

RandomAction
2009-12-15, 04:56 PM
Forgot one for the AoO:
1 = Miss - [roll0]

RandomAction
2009-12-15, 05:17 PM
Ok then.

Veldrin,R-9,p1:

Hm.....give this a try.
5'step to Q-19.
Activate Sudden Leap, swift.
Martial Lore DC:16Move distance equal to jump check. I do not know if this manuever counts as a running start or not for the jump DC, but here is the check: [roll0]

Pausing for result....

Sallera
2009-12-15, 05:20 PM
It does not.

RandomAction
2009-12-15, 05:22 PM
Veldrin,R-9,p2:
I broke LoS and you last see me in Q-19.
Refs/Los:
Either 10' or 20' to the left landing in O-19 or M-19?
Recover the manuever Mighty Throw - full round action.

As for the last attack my opponent made, unless he decides to reroll the miss chances, I was hit and I have 2 images left, correct?

End turn.

Stats:Child of Shadow stance: 20% miss chance
Mirror Image (3 or 2 images) (6/10 rounds)
Hp: 5/10
Manuervers:
Distracting Ember<used>, Wind Stride<used>, Sudden Leap, Mighty Throw

RPGAgmJAY
2009-12-16, 08:48 AM
Max - Round 9

Free Action: Speak (Undercommon): "Sneaky."

LoS:

Standard Action: Total Defense (+4 dodge bonus to AC for 1 round)
Move Action: Draw Scroll.
Free Action: 5' Step to Q17.

Don't know if you need these:
Reactive Spot: [roll0]
Reactive Listen: [roll1]

Done.

Stats:

Max Artifice
AC:30 (ff26, t21) *Total Defense*
Armed with: Spiked Gauntlet, Scroll of Kelgore's Firebolt, 1 Magic Stones.
Mage Armor 8/600
Shield 7/10
Shield of Faith 6/10

Psionic Dog
2009-12-16, 10:12 AM
High Ref PsiDog

@Veldrin
Correct. You were hit once and have 2 images left.

LoS re-established when Max enters Q-17 holding a scroll, Veldrin and copies are in O-19.

Incidentally, the AoO miss chance was not needed as the AoO missed cleanly by itself anyway.

RandomAction
2009-12-17, 07:46 PM
Veldrin,R-10:
Free action - speak in undercommon: "Like the spider dancing in the web."
Free action - designate Max as Chosen Foe.
5'step to P-18.
Ready an action.Initiate Mighty Throw, if my opponent moves or attacks.

End turn.

Stats:
Mirror Image (3 or 2 images) (7/10 rounds)
Manuervers:
Distracting Ember<used>, Wind Stride<used>, Sudden Leap, Mighty Throw

RPGAgmJAY
2009-12-18, 09:20 AM
Max - Round 10

Free Action: Speak (Undercommon): "Your web is too large, I see holes in it."
Standard Action: Continue Total Defense
Free Action: 5' Step back to Q16.

Done.

Stats:

Max Artifice
Mage Armor 9/600
Shield 8/10
Shield of Faith 7/10

RPGAgmJAY
2009-12-21, 06:19 PM
Ummm... Random, you still here?

RandomAction
2010-01-02, 01:36 PM
Yeah, I am still here. Sadly, on the 18th of December, my area in Virginia was hit with a snowstorm and we lost power. I got mine back two days ago and now just getting the phones back. I am truely sorry for the delay and hope that we can continue this match.

His move causes my readied action to activate.
Melee touch attack: [roll0]
Trip attempt - Dex check [roll1]
If this hits, then throw him into Q-18.

RPGAgmJAY
2010-01-04, 12:05 PM
Sure, do I get an AoO when you try that melee touch attack?

RPGAgmJAY
2010-01-04, 12:18 PM
Dex opposed roll: [roll0]

(Why is your roll have such a high bonus?!?!)

Not that it matters... you're turn again.

RandomAction
2010-01-04, 04:54 PM
The +12 comes from dex+manuever bonus+your size. Sorry no AoO for the touch attack. I think you are now prone in Q-18.

Veldrin,R-11:
Free action - Continue to designate my opponent as Chosen Foe.
Fre action - speak in Undercommon "Beware not the holes that you see, but the ones you do not."

Attack him while he is down.
Attack:[roll0]
Damage: [roll2]
Crit, if needed: [roll3]

5'step to Q-19.

End turn.

Mirror Image (2 images) (8/10 rounds)
Manuervers:
Distracting Ember<used>, Wind Stride<used>, Sudden Leap<used>, Mighty Throw<used>

RPGAgmJAY
2010-01-04, 05:50 PM
Nicely done...

Max - Round 11

Free: Speak Undercommon: "Overconfidence will be your undoing..."
Standard Action: Total Defense
Move Action: Stand from prone (provokes an AoO)

Done.

Stats:

Max Artifice
Mage Armor 10/600
Shield 9/10
Shield of Faith 8/10

RandomAction
2010-01-08, 05:07 PM
Don't you have to stand first so it doesn't negate your defense action?

AoO
attack: [roll0]
crit: [roll1]
damage: [roll2]
crit: [roll3]

Veldrin,R-12:
Free action - continue Chosen Foe choice.
Free action - speak in Undercommon: "Ware to those who dance in webs."

Attack: [roll4]
crit: [roll5]
Damage: [roll6]
crit: [roll7]

5' step to Q-20.

End turn.

Mirror Image (2 images) (9/10 rounds)
Manuervers:
Distracting Ember<used>, Wind Stride<used>, Sudden Leap<used>, Mighty Throw<used>

RPGAgmJAY
2010-01-08, 05:38 PM
Oh good, you're back!! The AoO missed, and the normal attack hit but not crit.

Max - Round 12

Free Action: "Ouch... lucky shot!"

Standard Action: Ranged Attack w/ Magic Stone @ Veldrin.
Damage:[roll1]
Hits which Veldrin? [roll2] 3 is Veldrin (1-2 are images)

Move Action: Move north, losing LoS moving from Q14 to P13.
LoS/Refs:

40' move as follows:
Q18 to Q14 to P13 to O14 to P14.
Hide: [roll3] (includes -5 penalty for moving more than 1/2 speed)

The idea is to get an AoO if Veldrin follows and doesn't spot me in Q15 and moves to Q14 (thus provoking an AoO and spotting me once he is in Q14 and I no longer have cover to hide behind).

Done.

Stats:

Max Artifice
HP: 4/7
Armed with: Spiked Gauntlet, Scroll of Kelgore's Firebolt
Mage Armor 11/600
Shield 10/10
Shield of Faith 9/10

RandomAction
2010-01-11, 08:06 PM
I am having some problems with my internet, please forgive my tardiness.

Miss chance for attack: [roll0] with 1 = miss.

Veldrin,R-13:
Free action - yell in undercommon: "I see the fly wishes to escape."
Refs/LoS:
Refs - my images end the start of next turn correct?
5' step to Q-19.
Move action - sheathe short sword.
Draw loaded hand crossbow - 2nd move.

End turn.

Mirror Image (2 or 1 images) (10/10 rounds)
Manuervers:

RPGAgmJAY
2010-01-11, 09:10 PM
Why does your image have a miss chance? That doesn't make any sense at all. I'll take my turn in a day or so.

NEED AN LoS HERE TOO.

Sallera
2010-01-11, 09:42 PM
Veldrin:Reviewing your turns, you don't seem to have ever actually entered Child of Shadow, so I don't think there's a miss chance there.

RPGAgmJAY
2010-01-12, 09:47 AM
Still need an LoS please.

hustlertwo
2010-01-12, 11:51 AM
Veldrin:Reviewing your turns, you don't seem to have ever actually entered Child of Shadow, so I don't think there's a miss chance there.

Refs

He did in round 1, I believe.

Sallera
2010-01-12, 02:04 PM
Refs/Veldrin:Ah, missed that, since it didn't show up in the stat block until later.

Refs:Spot for Veldrin: [roll0]

Max:Veldrin is in Q19.

Veldrin:Max is in P14.

All's well, carry on.

RPGAgmJAY
2010-01-12, 05:31 PM
Still want an explaination as to why my opponent's image has a 1 in 5 miss chance.

Max Artifice - Round 13

LoS/Refs:

Double Move to A15.

Done.

Stats:

Max Artifice
AC:22 (ff18, t17)
Mage Armor 12/600
Shield of Faith 10/10

Sallera
2010-01-12, 06:10 PM
It doesn't, actually.

Veldrin:You didn't move 10ft on your last turn, so you don't gain concealment from the stance.

RandomAction
2010-01-14, 12:23 PM
Refs: Sorry about that. I was in a hurry to post while my phone was active.

Veldrin,R-14:
Refs/LoS:
Sniff no more images.

Move to M-20.
Ready an action.
Attack my opponent if I gain LoS and he has no cover.

End turn.

Stats:
Manuervers:

RPGAgmJAY
2010-01-14, 01:51 PM
Need an LoS please.

Danke!

Sallera
2010-01-14, 02:34 PM
Refs:Listen for Veldrin: [roll0]
Max can't make it.

Veldrin:No LoS.

Max:No LoS.

RPGAgmJAY
2010-01-14, 03:16 PM
Max Artifice - Round 14 (NOT DONE)

LoS:

Move Action: Move 1/2 speed from A15 to A19

Not Done. Need another LoS.

Stats:

Max Artifice
Mage Armor 13/600

Sallera
2010-01-14, 04:27 PM
Refs:Spot for Veldrin: [roll0]

Max:Veldrin is in M20. The images are gone.

Veldrin:No LoS.

RPGAgmJAY
2010-01-14, 05:19 PM
Max Artifice -Round 14 (Finished)

LoS:

Standard Action: Activate Scroll
UMD Check (DC 23): [roll0]
If successful, pop the spoiler... otherwise ignore as scroll fails to activate.

Kelgore's Fire Bolt (CL:3rd) directed at Veldrin. [roll1] damage, reflex save (DC 15) for half.

Done.

Stats:

Max Artifice
Mage Armor 13/600

RPGAgmJAY
2010-01-14, 05:22 PM
Random,

Go ahead and pop the above spoiler. I launched an attack at you. Take a look. Might be game... might not. You tell me.

Good Gaming!

Sallera
2010-01-17, 11:41 PM
High Ref Sallera

Veldrin falls, and Max takes a hard-won victory.