PDA

View Full Version : Neverending Dungeon - Kilgue

Tanaric
2009-11-15, 04:34 PM
The air surrounding you fairly hums with the residue of magic, an aftereffect of the spell that brought you to this place. A quick glance reveals that you are in a fairly spacious room, devoid of any life save for yourself. The sound of dripping water can be heard faintly, and the stone walls are slick with moisture. In complete defiance of logic, two torches are already lit, one hanging by each of the doors presumably leading out of the room.

Map:{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_|F_|G_
1||||||||
2||||||||
3||||||||
4|||K|||||
5||||||||
6||||||||[/table]

There is a door at G-3, and another at F-6.

DM notes:3, 20, 10

atriusnight
2009-11-15, 04:53 PM
Stopping to gather his senses the atheletic scholar, pats his pony to steady her.... "I knew we'd find the Infinite dungeon!" He says, presumably to the pony though possibly trying to make himself believe it as well. or at least make it seem like a good thing.

"Now for the tricky part, finding our way back out of here...." With that he takes the reigns of the pony and is about to lead her to the nearest door (F6) when he freezes.....Not trusting this place from what he knew of it's reputation, he looked over the single room once more looking more carefully.

OOC;
Looking for any traps [[roll0]
Also, it's Kligue....No big though

atriusnight
2009-11-15, 09:36 PM

ooc;
Also, so as to save time, provided the room isn't trapped, I'll check the torch before taking it down to light my way and then the door. Provided neither of those are trapped I'll head to the back of the room and check for any hidden doors or the like (as it is a big room with it's sole entrances on one half making the other half highly suspicious) before finally putting an ear to the door to either F6 or the secret door if it's discovered.

Torch [roll0]
Door [roll1]
Hidden door and such [roll2]
Listen at door [roll3]<---Got carried away, +3 instead of +9 so it's actually 20.

Tanaric
2009-11-17, 07:36 PM
Could you put rolls/etc in spoiler tags if not in the open? The quote tags are a bit distracting. :smallsmile:

You take the torch down without issue, and don't find any traps on the door. You find a hidden door at F-1.

atriusnight
2009-11-17, 08:00 PM
Pleasently surprised to find his hunch paying off, the crafty namer inspects the hidden door carefully, before attempting to open it...slowly, and as stealthily as he can manage.....preparing a few choice Words for whatever may decide to pounce him from the other side.....

Trap check [roll0]
Move Silently [roll1]

Tanaric
2009-11-17, 08:01 PM
You find no traps.

The wall crumbles at your touch, revealing a hall that continues north for twenty feet before turning east.

atriusnight
2009-11-17, 08:21 PM
Moving slowly, his loyal pony diffidently obeying the tug of it's owner to follow...after two or three attempts........PeA inches his way int the hidden hallway, stepping over the broken mortar and powdered brick as he searches for traps in the hallway....He'd been fortunate so far....but he did not want to push his luck.....

[roll0]

Tanaric
2009-11-18, 06:28 PM
You find no traps in the hall.

Upon reaching the bend, you see that it continues to the east for thirty feet before turning north.

Ten feet to the east, the hall splits south. Twenty feet to the east, there is a door on the north side of the hall. At the northern bend, there is a door on the south side.

atriusnight
2009-11-18, 09:20 PM
Proceeding carefully down the hallway, the crafty one inspects it as he slowly makes his way. He peers down the southern hallway and weighs the options of exploring further, faster or being more thorough....he glances down the hall to where it turns north...after another moment he turns down the southern hallway....

Hallway trap search east[roll0]
Hallway trap search south[roll1]

Tanaric
2009-11-19, 05:58 PM
You find a tripwire at the southern split.

The hall continues south for fifty feet before turning east.

Fifteen feet down the hall, there is a door on the east side of the hall.

Thirty feet down the hall, there is a door on the west side of the hall.

Forty feet down the hall, it splits east.

At the eastern bend, there is a door on the south face.

atriusnight
2009-11-19, 09:01 PM
Stepping carefully over the tripwire the Master of names , makes his way down the southern hallway to the door to the east....Giving it a once over he slowly put's his ear up to it....

Door Trap Search[roll0]
Door Listen Check [roll1]
Edit:......Well....That could have gone better.....

Tanaric
2009-11-20, 01:48 PM
You don't see any traps, and you don't hear anything out of the ordinary.

atriusnight
2009-11-20, 04:43 PM
Cautiously, the words to rewrite an entities very being into a pain wracked mess on his lips, he opens the door....

Tanaric
2009-11-20, 06:32 PM
Opening the door reveals the following room:{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_
1|||||
2|||||
3|||R|R|
4|||R|R|
5|||H||
6|||||
7|||||[/table]

There is a door at A-3, which you are standing just outside of, another at D-1 on the north side, and a third at D-7, on the south side. There is a humanoid figure at C-5, wearing a chain shirt and holding a longsword. He is standing next to what seems to be a large reptile with bright green scales and a forked tongue that flickers in and out of its gaping maw.

atriusnight
2009-11-20, 07:34 PM
Stepping back the master of words bravely pulls the door shut.....

This place was known as a death trap amongst the scholarly circles that knew of it...Thus anyone roaming about it with a giant lizard would probably be a part of the problem....Even so... "I don't suppose either of you would know the way out of here...?" He calls through the door....Repeating the same phrase again in Draconic in case the large reptile was intelligent

Knowledge Arcana to identify the reptile[roll0]
(I could do a knowledge dungeoneering, nature, or planes if need be...+5 for each)

Tanaric
2009-11-21, 01:10 PM
You receive no response.

None of your knowledge skills turn up a relevant result.

atriusnight
2009-11-21, 03:59 PM
The grumbles to himself... "I knew that would be to easy....Even so...They didn't give chase....Hmm..." He deftly opens the door once more, giving a nod to man and beast....as he slowly enters....

"Don't mind me...I'm just passing through.....A lovely dungeon you have here...." He says, pulling his pony along behind him toward the nearer door (D,1)....Even as he speaks though, he readies to say the words of power to smite either of the strangers should they prove hostile.......

Effectivly taking only a five foot step each round as I inch my way around to the door....Readied action is to use the reversed words of nurturing, minor to pzat! them if they attack...

Tanaric
2009-11-22, 08:40 PM
The big reptile moves to bar your path, standing ten feet away from you. A fan of bright red gills sprouts from either side of its jowls, something even a novice adventurer would take as a warning sign. The man just glares at you.

atriusnight
2009-11-22, 08:50 PM
"Ah...So...I should go through the other door, then...?" The adventure asks, once more in common and draconic, then adding orc, goblin, and sylvan to the mix.....

With that he slowly turns, pulling his disturbed pony with him away from the reptile and heading instead towards the other door (D7). Still ready to speak words of power should either man or beast move to actually attack rather than simply block his passage.

Is the humanoid human...or some obvious race? As previously mentioned The character is well read and might have heard of him if he's something obscure....

Tanaric
2009-11-22, 08:53 PM
Roll some knowledge checks if you like, but he appears to be a human from a visual observation.

atriusnight
2009-11-23, 04:05 PM
Well, unless he looks like something inhuman or demonstrates some odd power I don't really have any reason to doubt his humanity......Except paranoia....So I'll skip it until he does something peculiar.....Any movement as I make my way to the other door....?

Tanaric
2009-11-23, 06:01 PM
The reptile moves to block your path again.

atriusnight
2009-11-23, 07:01 PM
"OK, now that's just unreasonable....." Grumbles the Scholar...."Guarding one door is fine...but both...?"

"How about a deal....?" He says turning his back on the giant lizard and going to his pony's packsaddle....."I could give you some dried meat from my rations....I think I have a couple gold pieces...Especially if one of you could speak up with some helpful information about this place.....OoOoh! Or how about a bottle of Fine wine...You can't see much of this sort of thing down here....."

Still moving slowly.....Ready with explosive versions of the generic true-names for weird giant lizard thingy and glaring armored guy should either make a hostile move....The pony's reaction should give me some clue if either approaches....

Tanaric
2009-11-23, 09:07 PM
"Not interested. Jus' get out," the man growls.

atriusnight
2009-11-23, 09:37 PM
"Huh, well then, I guess I'll be on my way..." He says, ceasing to rummage in the saddlepack and starting to head back to the door from whence he came. But he pauses there... "Mind telling me why you two are so adamant against my seeing what is behind those doors..?"

Tanaric
2009-11-24, 04:29 PM
The man just gives another stiff shake of the head and gestures for you to leave.

atriusnight
2009-11-24, 06:00 PM
The scholar leaves the room without another word even leaving the door open as he continues down the hallway...curious about a hunch, he travels to where the southern hallway turns east. Just remembering to check for traps as he does....

Hallway trap Search[roll0]

Tanaric
2009-11-25, 11:42 AM
Five feet beyond the next door you pass, you stumble over a tripwire. The sound of stone grinding on stone fills the air.

You also hear the sound of the door to the room with the man and the reptile slide shut.

atriusnight
2009-11-25, 04:44 PM
Flinching and looking for the effect of the shifting stones the misplaced scholar backtracks, pushing the pony ahead of him as he makes his way back to the 'safety of the hall to the north...Carefully guiding the pony over the tripwire on the way as he does.
trap effect search[roll0]

Tanaric
2009-11-25, 07:52 PM
Okay. You're back in the other hall. You don't notice anything out of the ordinary, except for the grinding noise, which fades away after a bit. Where to now?

atriusnight
2009-11-25, 09:05 PM
Once more guideing his stalwart if oblivious pony over the tripwire, the Namer opens the door to the man and lizard's room, looking from one to the other...."Perchance didst you notice some great shifting just now, perhaps a wall sliding away and releasing a great deadly beast or the like....?"

Tanaric
2009-11-29, 04:22 PM
The man glares at you upon your re-entrance, then shakes his head. "The only beastie 'ere is Rory, an' if'n you don't get out of 'ere right now, e's gonna be eating you fer supper."

The reptile lowers its head threateningly and waggles its fans of red membranes in anticipation.

atriusnight
2009-11-29, 05:24 PM
"Ah, well then..." The scholar says exiting and shutting the door behind him....

Moving southward once more the Namer is more careful, looking for what might have been triggered on his first time through...

Search for the trap in this hallway1D20+9
Search for any traps on the next doorway1D20+9

atriusnight
2009-11-29, 05:25 PM
My forum-fu apparently is weak...forgot the /s on my rolls on the first posting so there down here now....
Search for the trap in this hallway[roll0]
Search for any traps on the next doorway[roll1]

Tanaric
2009-11-30, 01:19 AM
At the eastern split, you see that he hall goes east for twenty feet before turning south. There is a door on the north face of the bend. There is a fifteen foot pit in plain sight in the middle of the hall.

At the bend you were moving to, you see that he hall continues east for twenty feet before turning north. You don't find any traps on the door here.

atriusnight
2009-12-01, 04:18 PM
Cautiously, the Namer opens the door...

Tanaric
2009-12-02, 12:49 PM
Opening the door reveals the following room:{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_|F_
1|||||||
2|||||||
3||||1|||
4||2|||||
5|||||||
[/table]

There is a door at B-1 (which you are standing just outside of), another at A-4, and a third at F-5, on the south side of the room.

Two seemingly human figures are seated around a small campfire in the room. Spot check, please.

atriusnight
2009-12-02, 04:28 PM
Surprised to see folks camping out here, the Naming hero pauses in the open doorway... "Err, hi...Do either of you know the way out of here....?"
spot check[roll0]

Tanaric
2009-12-03, 04:36 PM
You realize that human 1 is actually an elf. A headband is wrapped around his ears, concealing his most distinguishing racial trait, but his delicate features give away his origins. He is wearing leather armor studded with metal, and is carrying a longsword and a buckler, with a longbow across his back. He smiles at you, as though at an inside joke.

Human 2 seems to be only a very attractive human, until you realize that you can see a row of needlelike teeth through the veil across his mouth. He too is wearing studded leather armor, and is carrying a rapier loosely in one hand, with a light crossbow hanging from his belt. He smiles too, a chilling expression that never reaches his eyes.

Roll initiative. [roll0] [roll1]

atriusnight
2009-12-03, 04:54 PM
Initiative[roll0]

Tanaric
2009-12-04, 01:42 PM
The elf moves into the doorway and takes a swing at you.

[roll0] [roll1]

You're up.

Tanaric
2009-12-04, 01:43 PM
Crit confirm: [roll0] [roll1]

atriusnight
2009-12-05, 01:55 AM
Hmm, as I seem to have arrived rather abruptly at -8...I believe my adventuring is over...Would you mind terribly a D20 modern or future character for my next character...I was going to go with a 'tempo-spatialy displaced' backstory for a smart hero....The only sticking point is action points and those can simply be ignored......And in the name of fairness, the character would be restricted to feats, classes, and such from his own universe.

Tanaric
2009-12-06, 06:07 PM
I'm not familiar with d20 modern, so I'd have to say no.

atriusnight
2009-12-06, 07:00 PM
totally understandable...
I guess a new charcter wil be along to hop in the cue here in a few days...
Thanks for running.
In the interim......

and thus ended the adventures of the scholarly truenamer.....