PDA

View Full Version : (3.5) Dragon Magazine Compendium Template Question

Johanas
2009-11-15, 07:23 PM
I was looking through the Dragon Magazine Compendium, and I was looking at the Seelie and Unseelie Fey Templates. Is the Seelie Court template a +1? Is the Unseelie really a +0? That can't be right. And, roleplaying and all the Court intrigue aside, could a base fey creature in theory posses both templates? Am I dreaming all this?

I feel like David after the Denist (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txqiwrbYGrs).

Curmudgeon
2009-11-15, 10:32 PM
You've got to start with a fey race first; that will usually add to the LA. The Unseelie Fey template description ("fluff") specifies them as cross-breeds, and the Seelie Fey template requires pure fey blood, so few DMs would let you apply both of these inherited templates.

Johanas
2009-11-16, 01:21 AM
That's kinda what I was thinking. My players are coming up on an Unseelie encounter, and I was thinking about a possible Seelie spy living in the midst of the Unseelie. Was wondering how to stat that in game terms.

Thanks. :smallsmile:

ShadowsGrnEyes
2009-11-16, 02:19 AM
As long as they're not mutually exclusive, I say you can do it if you have the proper level of explanation through role play. Originally being seelie and getting kicked out and taken in by the unseelie makes the most sense.

Hard to explain it the other way around it. . . but if you figure it out ok. . .