PDA

View Full Version : [4e] Enchanting the Monk's Unarmed Strike

Aron Times
2009-11-15, 10:38 PM
One of the really cool things they did to the monk in 4e is allowing his unarmed strike to be enchanted as a weapon. This opens up some interesting possibilities:

1. Flaming Weapon - He can set things on fire with a touch. No need to bring out the flint and steel when you can light the campfire with your hands. Also a good enchantment for the chaotic evil pyromaniac monks out there.

2. Frost Weapon - Ice-cold vodka, anywhere, anytime.

3. Lightning Weapon - Now he's a renewable source of energy! Also comes in handy when he wants to restart someone's heart.

4. Radiant Weapon - Lightsaber fists. You know you want them.

5. Force Weapon - I can punch ghosts/shadows/wraiths/spectres for full damage! Requires Inescapable Force feat.

Discuss.

cupkeyk
2009-11-15, 11:07 PM
I would actually prefer a revenant(eladrin) with eladrin soldier weilding a greatspear.

infinitypanda
2009-11-15, 11:08 PM
Could you get dancing fists? That would be ridiculous.

Gametime
2009-11-15, 11:17 PM
How about Cloaked Fists (AV1)? Your hands are invisible until you attack! Astound your friends and family!

Also fun: Farslayer Fists. Punch people through the air!

Obligatory shout-out to all the "material" enchants (adamantine, etc.) which can turn your fists into rock/crystal/metal.

Here's a mind-bending one: Paired Fists! I'm not sure if a monk's fists count as one-handed (I don't have DDI), so this may be void, but if it DOES work...split your fist into TWO fists, "one in your main hand and one in your off hand." Just try to visualize THAT for a second.

Shadow_Elf
2009-11-15, 11:19 PM
Dynamic Fists - Change your fists into throwing hammers! And then proceed to rocket-punch people with great prejudice. Also good for swordarms.

Cloaked Fists - Your fists are invisible until you smack someone. Profit?
EDIT: Damnit! Ninja'd! Well, Dynamic Fists still stands.

Delcan
2009-11-15, 11:40 PM
What's the restriction as to weapon type? 'Cuz if there isn't one, this could get really fun, really fast.

Skewering Weapon - gives a whole new meaning to Spear-Hand Strike.
Sunblade - *jazzhands!*
Communal Weapon - You trigger the bonus by giving your allies a thumbs-up.

And as a DM, I would only allow Dynamic Fists if the player were willing to say, at the time of use, "Go Go Gadget [insert weapon here]!".

Lvl45DM!
2009-11-15, 11:48 PM
There was a homebrewed weapon floating around a while ago called a howling wightblade.
Your hands (and feet let us not forget feet!) have green fire and howl...and when you punch someone they turn into undead

Shadow_Elf
2009-11-16, 12:10 AM
For now, fists can only be enchanted with "Any weapon" or "Any melee" enchantments.

Also:

Paired Fists - Do you get four arms?

Spiderkissed Fists - Instantly coat your fists in contact poison whenever you want? Shaking hands is the new way to kill people.

Adamantine Fists - Metal fists of DOOM? Yes please.

1of3
2009-11-16, 01:04 AM
Sadly, they said in the last podcast that they finally figured out how ki focuses are supposed to work and that the monk is going to use these, too.

Kurald Galain
2009-11-16, 03:48 AM
Sadly, they said in the last podcast that they finally figured out how ki focuses are supposed to work and that the monk is going to use these, too.

At a wild guess, that's going to be "identical to how weapons and implements work" :smallbiggrin: