PDA

View Full Version : Summon Elemental, source?

Mentok
2009-11-16, 03:20 AM
I heard about a series of spells called Summon Elemental I, II, III...etc

I can't for the life of me remember which book they're found in, and I won't have ready access to my bookshelves for another week to do the physical legwork.

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-11-16, 03:22 AM
I don't know. You can summon normal elementals with the standard Summon Monster/Nature's Ally spells, and there's the Summon Elemental Reserve feat in CMage, but I've never heard of a spell that's just for summoning elementals.

PhoenixRivers
2009-11-16, 03:54 AM
There's a Summon Elemental Monolith spell.

Starbuck_II
2009-11-16, 06:35 AM

I can't for the life of me remember which book they're found in, and I won't have ready access to my bookshelves for another week to do the physical legwork.

AD&D 2E? Because in the old days you could with those spells...

Tyndmyr
2009-11-16, 11:28 AM
There's a reserve feat that lets you summon elementals of each classic flavor. Complete Mage, iirc.

Optimystik
2009-11-16, 11:33 AM
Variant Summoning (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/magic/summonMonsterVariants.htm) allows you to swap out the exisiting summon monster list with elementals if you wish. Simply pick subtyped creatures of appropriate hit dice for each level (like mephits for the lower levels etc.) and replace with true elementals as the caster increases.

Cyclocone
2009-11-16, 11:42 AM
There's a Summon Greater Elemental spell somewhere, either MotP or PH.

Also, Extract Water Elemental.

Set
2009-11-16, 02:22 PM

Quite a few 3rd party products have a nine spell line of Summon Elemental spells, such as Nyambe: African Adventures. (That's the only one that I remember specifically, 'though. I'm pretty sure that Atlas' Occult Lore has that line, too, but probably using different rules.)