PDA

View Full Version : (4e) Moonlight Light blade stats

Elixia
2009-11-16, 06:36 AM
hey!
Last night i picked up an awesome sword:

Moonlight, First Blade of Night (Blade of Night)

Tiny, bright lights shine within this black metal blade. The hilt is coated in black lacquer, with a round, perfect moonstone set where hilt meets blade.
You feel a sense of smug superiority emanating from the weapon.

Level: 22
Price: 325,000 gp
Weapon: Light Blade
Enhancement: +5 attack rolls and damage rolls
Critical: The target is blinded until the end of your next turn

Power (Daily * Zone): Minor Action. Use this power to create a zone in a close burst 2. The zone blocks line of sight and lasts until the end of your next turn.

Communication Speech
Persona Moonlight is smug and a little unpredictable. She’s ruled by her emotions, and they’re especially chaotic. She gets bored easily, so she likes goading people into combat and tricking people in general. Moonlight worships Sehanine.
Alignment Unaligned Languages Common
Skills Moonlight grants a +2 bonus to skill checks related to methods of assassination.

its all VERY cool, but i cant find the weapon damage and this 2+ to skill checks related to assination, does that include stealth, thievery and bluff?
I'm pretty much the actor in our group not i'm not all clued up on the stat side of things. any help you guys can give i would love!

Kurald Galain
2009-11-16, 06:41 AM
its all VERY cool, but i cant find the weapon damage
That depends on you.

You can pick any standard weapon that qualifies as a light blade (such as a shortsword or a dagger), then look up the damage it does in e.g. the Player's Handbook.

this 2+ to skill checks related to assination, does that include stealth, thievery and bluff?
No, it applies to those skills only if you're trying to assassinate someone (and also applies to other skills when you try that). It's up to the DM to determine when you're "trying to assassinate someone".

(edit) or, I suppose "trying to prevent someone from being assassinated" or "trying to find an the culprit of an assassination".

Elixia
2009-11-16, 06:58 AM
That depends on you.

You can pick any standard weapon that qualifies as a light blade (such as a shortsword or a dagger), then look up the damage it does in e.g. the Player's Handbook.

No, it applies to those skills only if you're trying to assassinate someone (and also applies to other skills when you try that). It's up to the DM to determine when you're "trying to assassinate someone".

(edit) or, I suppose "trying to prevent someone from being assassinated" or "trying to find an the culprit of an assassination".

ahhhh thats clear things up for me greatly! thanks alot!