PDA

View Full Version : Answered. Please delete this thread.

Barbarian MD
2009-11-16, 08:49 AM
Thesis: I need suggestions for a one or two level dip to complete my gestalt build.

Hey gang,

I'm building a character for a sand-box game based on a D&D version of 1984. The character is going to be a sort of unarmed paladin, seeking out those who his nation/church have dubbed as evil.

In point of fact, what he does is evil (he just doesn't see it that way yet). In building him, I've realized that he's a cross between the dwarf paladin from Goblins and a Grammaton Cleric from Equilibrium.

I'm going for the "lone-badass" thing, but cohorts and followers are allowed and I haven't quite decided about it.

Anyway, here's the build so far:
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=167024

One side
Penny Dreadful monk variant 1-10
swordsage warblade 1-5

Other side
paladin 1-3
urban ranger 1
something 1
soul eater 1-10 (BoVD)

stats are 16, 16, 16, 16, 15, 16 (yeah, pretty crazy,right?)

So I'm looking for a single level of something that fits the character concept, but I could be talked into dropping the 10th level of Soul Eater or Urban Ranger if your suggestion takes two levels.

Note: I'm aware that Soul Eater is supposed to be a monstrous humanoid, but my DM suggested it when I told him my character concept, so I'm assuming he's handwaving it. He also seems to have no problem with bestowing a flurry of negative levels...

As for feats, I was thinking of taking the Grappling Block and Defensive Throw track, but I'm not that far yet and I'd be happy to hear suggestions.

Anyway, thanks for the help, Fellow Playgrounders!

Solution Found: I went in and took five levels of Master Inquisitive, dropping some of the Soul Eater levels and the Urban Ranger level.

SurlySeraph
2009-11-16, 11:20 AM
I'd go with the 4th level of paladin (so you can use Turn Undead to power feats like Divine Armor) or the 2nd level of Ranger (because if he's a Grammaton Cleric, he needs to dual-wield). If your DM would let you ignore the alignment requirement, a level of Whirling Frenzy Barbarian would also work well, and let you get another attack in.

Barbarian MD
2009-11-16, 11:31 AM
I'm going the unarmed swordsage/monk route, so TWF isn't really necessary, seeing as how he can flurry for 7 hits already.

I know nothing about Divine Armor, but I'll look into it. Thanks!

Barbarian MD
2009-11-16, 04:44 PM
Anybody? (I won't bump this again).