PDA

View Full Version : New Tactical Feat: Battle Juggernaut [3.5]

Human Paragon 3
2009-11-16, 12:50 PM
I want to lend more support to characters with the Improved Overrun feat. How does this look for a tactical feat?

Battle Juggernaut [Tactical]
An enemy in your way is just a road bump on the path to glory.
Prerequisites: Power Attack, Improved Overrun, BAB+6
The Battle Juggernaut feat enables the use of three tactical maneuvers.
Trampling Charge: You may make an overrun attempt as part of a charge, either by overrunning one opponent to attack another, or by charging weapon-first into an opponent you overrun. To use this maneuver, you must meet all the requirements for a normal charge attack, except that an enemy in the path of the charge does not disrupt it. You may move up to double your movement, making one overrun attempt at any point in the charge, then resolving the charge attack as normal. If your overrun attempt fails, the charge is also spoiled.
Momentous Rush: You may make overrun attempts against multiple opponents in the same round. To use this maneuver, you must successfully overrun a creature. If you have movement remaining and can reach another creature's square, you may continue your movement into that square and make a second overrun attempt. You may continue moving and overrunning creatures until you run out of movement, or one of your overrun attempts fail.
Clattering Blow: You brazenly smash aside the weapons of those who attempt to defend themselves from your onrush. To use this maneuver, you must first provoke an attack of opportunity from an enemy by entering his square. If the attack of opportunity misses, you may immediately make a disarm attempt as a free action, and your enemy cannot attempt to disarm you if the attempt fails. If the attempt succeeds, the weapon is knocked 10 feet in a random direction.

Cieyrin
2009-11-16, 03:08 PM
It isn't quite a Combat Brute or Shock Trooper but it's kinda nice. I like Trampling Charge, if for nothing else that to get more opportunities to charge.

Really, the thing with Overrun is it's more the area of mounted character (who use Trample) and large monsters (who have a Trample ability, which emulates Improved Overrun and Trample).

Them's my 2 coppers. Take as you will.

DracoDei
2009-11-16, 09:09 PM
i thought the second option was already available with no feat.

third one should specify that you have to be entering their square for an overrun or it technically applies to grapples and even failed tumble checks.

Human Paragon 3
2009-11-16, 09:49 PM
I was surprised to find that you cannot overrun as part of a charge, only as part of a move. An overrun is a standard action made during a move, and a charge is a full round action. As for the second, I left it intentionally vague to make the feat a little more versatile.