PDA

View Full Version : Brutal Weapons

SSGoW
2009-11-16, 04:17 PM
I was looking around and i couldn't find anything on this topic really but is there a way to have a weapon in 4e forged witht he brutal property?

like a scythe with brutal 1 or is it something the DM would just need say ok this looks just like the normal weapon but its changed a bit making it brutal

Yakk
2009-11-16, 04:20 PM
Brutal is a property of the weapon type in 4e. (it is, honestly, a way to up damage die size without upping damage die size, that allows a half-damage die size increment).

I believe there are weapon enchantments that have Brutal-like effects on the damage the weapon does (and items that grant similar benefits on any attack you do).

You could, naturally, homebrew a weapon.

SSGoW
2009-11-16, 04:46 PM
The main thing would be price for first level characters (one character wanted to play a samurai which would be a 2 weapon fighter or ranger with a brutal katana and a short sword)

kophesh has a +2 prof and 1d8 dmg while being versatile and brutal1 (military melee)

mordenkrad has a +2 prof and 2d6 dmg while being brutal1 (superior melee)

kukri has a +2 prof and 1d6 dmg while being off hand and brutal1 (superior melee)

execution axe prof +2 prof d12dmg while being high crit and brutal 2 (superior 2 handed melee)

Prices:
Execution Axe: 30 gp
Kophesh: 20 gp
Kukri: 10 gp
Mordenkrad: 30 gp

It seems like brutal weapons are harder to control (some swords get +3 prof) and therefor not as likely to land a blow

In earlier additions a katana was basically a bastard sword
+3 prof d10 dmg versatile 30 gp

So maybe knock 1 off the prof and just add brutal 1 and keep the price the same?

Asbestos
2009-11-16, 05:01 PM
The main thing would be price for first level characters (one character wanted to play a samurai which would be a 2 weapon fighter or ranger with a brutal katana and a short sword)

kophesh has a +2 prof and 1d8 dmg while being versatile and brutal1 (military melee)

mordenkrad has a +2 prof and 2d6 dmg while being brutal1 (superior melee)

kukri has a +2 prof and 1d6 dmg while being off hand and brutal1 (superior melee)

execution axe prof +2 prof d12dmg while being high crit and brutal 2 (superior 2 handed melee)

Prices:
Execution Axe: 30 gp
Kophesh: 20 gp
Kukri: 10 gp
Mordenkrad: 30 gp

It seems like brutal weapons are harder to control (some swords get +3 prof) and therefor not as likely to land a blow

In earlier additions a katana was basically a bastard sword
+3 prof d10 dmg versatile 30 gp

So maybe knock 1 off the prof and just add brutal 1 and keep the price the same?

That sounds like a fair solution. He could also be a Whirling Frenzy Barb (or whatever the new TWF Barb build is) channeling the raw spiritual power of the ancestor spirits.

SSGoW
2009-11-16, 05:59 PM
I haven't seen the new barb but a two weapon barb sounds nice XD

hmmm i need to look into that one