i mean, for example,
the Cloak of Battle. (pag 87)

it says "Price (Item Level): 22,000 gp (15th)"

Does it means that if im not a 15th lvl character i cant use it? :smallfrown:
or does it means something else?

THX for your help

jokey665
2009-11-17, 12:46 AM
It means it's the recommended minimum level that a character should get it. Go to page 226 and read "Item Levels."

Draz74
2009-11-17, 03:58 AM
If you end up still thinking it means you can't use those items until you reach that level, feel more than free to have your characters give my characters those items! :smallwink:

Cyrion
2009-11-17, 10:12 AM
It also tells you which table it's going to show up on the random treasure generation tables. Your level 15 item won't come up in a random treasure until the encounter level is at least 15 (and on a very high roll at that).

PlzBreakMyCmpAn
2009-11-17, 10:21 AM
not important for pc's (unless your DM is just being additionally hard on you - in this case, I approve)

lolz to allowing NPCs partially charged wands on the following page though :smalltongue:

ghashxx
2009-11-17, 12:52 PM
I've always ignored the suggested minimum PC level. After all, if one of my PCs want to throw all their money into a really pricey item (relative to their current level) and thereby not have any cash to spend on the really useful lower level item stuff, then who am I to complain. They'll learn their lesson later when they realize they forgot to ever buy rope or torches :smallbiggrin:

Tiktakkat
2009-11-17, 01:24 PM
The uncontrolled power spiral of the Living Greyhawk campaign demonstrated quite adequately to me what happens when there is no limit on what items PCs can get an when.
However harsh the players may feel them to be, the level limits in the MIC go a long way to keeping the power level of the game stable for another 2-3 levels.