PDA

View Full Version : Like a rolling stone....

amorelli
2009-11-17, 03:59 AM
... here I am, back again a few years later.

Not sure if anyone remembers me, but I was around for a while, made a few avatars, joined, or should I say was most definitely not a member of the Mafia, which, of course, didn't exist.

That was in high school. For a while, me and the Playground became separated by distance due to general distractions of life and college prospects and a girl (who's since been followed by a few more). Now I'm in college and I'm coming back (not that I necessarily need another distraction).

Been following the comics as usual, letting them go for a month or so then reading through a bunch at once so the suspense doesn't kill me quite so bad.

So hello (again, to any that remember me from before, or just hello to those that have come to Play after I left the Playground).

Hope you didn't miss me too much :smalltongue:

Sneak
2009-11-17, 07:01 AM
Hey, there—I remember you! You had that really awesome jazzy animated avatar with the sax.

Welcome back. :)

caw
2009-11-17, 09:30 AM
hey, welcome back. i remember you wrote a good tutorial about using 'gimp' to make avatars. thanks for that.

amorelli
2009-11-17, 07:04 PM
Aww thanks guys!

Yeah I'm still proud of that one - not gonna reveal how long it took me to put together. Here's the version from circa the wedding (that was a happy time on these boards)

golentan
2009-11-17, 07:16 PM
Welcome back sir. I haven't met you before, but I look forward to it.

Unfortunately, I lack your willpower, occasionally staying up for hours just hitting the refresh button "just in case there's a new comic."

As a victim of modding on such avatar infractions myself, I should warn you that the rules now don't allow animated avatars.

>.>
<.<

I'm willing to help smuggle you across the border into France. From there you can make it to America. (it's a really cool Avi)

Dragonrider
2009-11-17, 07:24 PM
Also, animated avatars are no longer allowed. :smallfrown: Nevertheless, welcome back! :smallbiggrin:

Edit: I should read the posts above me more closely before I open my mouth. :smalltongue:

Moff Chumley
2009-11-17, 08:26 PM
:smalleek:

It is an awesome avi, I gotta say. :smallsmile:

amorelli
2009-11-17, 09:00 PM
:smalleek: My bad (@mods). Didn't mean nothin by it, I swear

O well, that's no fun. Loses some of the effect without flying notes.

Anyway, are Mortia or FSM still around? I remember making them some animated ones (probably long replaced by something a bit more artistic :smalltongue:)

The Orange Zergling
2009-11-17, 10:00 PM
Oh hey, I remember you. Probably not vice-versa though, I changed my alias a few times back in the day and even had to make a new account when the boards changed software all those years ago.

But even so, welcome back. :smallwink:

blackfox
2009-11-17, 10:18 PM
I remember you! I'm pretty sure you were around Town at the same time as me.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2009-11-17, 10:46 PM
I don't remember you, though I should. I don't think I hung around the right forums in those days... :smallsigh:

Dragonrider
2009-11-18, 11:01 AM
Anyway, are Mortia or FSM still around? I remember making them some animated ones (probably long replaced by something a bit more artistic :smalltongue:)

I . . . not in FB, I don't think. I wouldn't know about other board sections because I never leave my comfort zone right here. :smalltongue:

Darius Midnite
2009-11-18, 11:08 AM
It's good seeing some of the oldies coming back. It haven't been the same around here I'm afraid. Not like the good old days. Oh well, welcome back.

Dragonrider
2009-11-18, 11:31 AM
It's good seeing some of the oldies coming back. It haven't been the same around here I'm afraid. Not like the good old days. Oh well, welcome back.

Yeah, well, they all say that. :smalltongue: :smallamused:

Darius Midnite
2009-11-18, 12:31 PM
Well, it's true, is it not? :smalltongue: