PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Age D20

OutlawJT
2009-11-17, 03:29 PM
I wanted to know if there was anyone here who would like to collaberate on a custom D20 system or D20 conversion for Bioware's Dragon Age franchise?

The Tygre
2009-11-17, 04:15 PM
Someone's waaaaay ahead of you. (http://www.greenronin.com/dragon_age/)

Okay, so it's not d20, but it's a start.

OutlawJT
2009-11-17, 04:22 PM
Someone's waaaaay ahead of you. (http://www.greenronin.com/dragon_age/)

Okay, so it's not d20, but it's a start.

Yeah.... I was already completely aware of that. In fact, it's what inspired me to open this thread because I don't like what I've read about the system they've built from what is available so far. The system works where everything is 3d6+modifier. I've played other single di systems and for the most part don't care for them. I do love classic marvel but that doesn't really fit a setting like Dragon Age well at all.

So, yeah, looking to build a homebrew D20 for Dragon Age but need help to do it.

Ormagoden
2009-11-17, 04:23 PM
That book is no where near being done.

The Tygre
2009-11-17, 04:34 PM
Hmm... Well, parts of it should be relatively easy on some fronts. Talents to me always seemed uncannily like feats. Skills remain... skills. The spell talent system actually looks like a simpler alternative to the Vancian. (Although, that's a holy grail that has been found, forgotten, lost, and rediscovered infinitely.) Even the XP and class system looks like it should be easy. The rub is going to be base statistics. Would a new point system be necessary? Can it be easily adapted to pre-existing material? And, this I feel is crucial to me at the present moment;

Leliana or Morrigan? :smallcool:

Ahab
2009-11-18, 06:07 PM
Leliana or Morrigan? :smallcool:

You'd best be joking.
Morrigan > everyone.

The Tygre
2009-11-18, 07:11 PM
You'd best be joking.
Morrigan > everyone.

Heh, that's why God made multiple saves.

Itous
2010-08-21, 02:35 PM
i'll help i'm looking to run a dragon age D20 game but don't know where to start in building the setting sure i could just use fereldan but i would need something to hand like descriptions and stuff instead of working from memory, tell me what you need i'll see what i can do.

Dead_Jester
2010-08-21, 02:52 PM
I could probably help with the conversion, but we need to decide what needs to be changed and what will simply be adapted (talents as feats or as a completely separate system for example).

Imbasel
2010-08-21, 04:01 PM
I would like to offer my help if you would have it. I have a few ideas on how this could go, and please tell me what you think about them.

You could go classic dnd conversion I suppose. I think we would need to redo the magic using class however. I would advise on using spell points, rather then the classic dnd system. Talents would remain feats and skills remain skill as previously noted by another poster.

You could also go the route of Star Wars SAGA. Talents would remain talents. We could have a Noble, Rogue, Mage, and Soldier classes. Talents would show special abilities unique to each of classes. Skills could be condensed, and feats would be made up, as needed. I personally, prefer this method, but thats just me.

No matter what I would like to offer my help with this.

LibraryOgre
2010-08-22, 12:22 AM
The Mod Wonder: Closed for thread necromancy.