PDA

View Full Version : Plague of the Marked [Group 2]

Splodgey
2009-11-17, 03:31 PM
DM

Aduro was a populous place with many people living within the confines of its walls. The leader a man called Kalin only asked for a small tax in return for food, water and a place to live. Oh and of course, protection against the plague-touched.

Recently they had been upping their attacks, the town itself had been attacked, and one in five foraging parties had been attacked as well.

You have all been called to his chambers for some form of assignment, but who only knows what it could possibly be.

Walking down the imposing corridor, the vividness of the colour strikes you. The carpets are a deep opulent red, and the drapes hang in a multi-tude of purples and yellows and greens. Any marble showing had that rarest of colours a light brown stream running through it.

The coloumns reaching to the ceiling providing the support had to be made of pure basalt.

Reaching the double door to his audience chambers you are greeted by an aide who leads you to a side room and informs you all that you should

"get to know each other a bit better, i'll be back in fifteen minutes for you."

And so we begin.

King Tius
2009-11-17, 04:33 PM
Trale

A rather typical looking elf stands tall and elegant among you. The deep greens of his well-kept clothing and his graceful composure make him seem at home in this regal setting. The powerful bow that hangs on his shoulder and the leather armor that blends seamlessly with his armor gives him away as a hunter. His gaze is distant, admiring the tapestries and the finery about him. As the aide leaves, the elf bows low and says in a clear but deep voice,

"Trale Dantari of the Twin Oaks, at your humble service."

Anonymouswizard
2009-11-17, 04:45 PM
Marcus

A young human stands as far from the door as possible, sharpening his spear. He wears a simple shirt and leggings, his dark hair cropped short. As he finishes with the spear he looks at you, frowns and says

"So what are you people here for? Tell the king to hurry this assignment up."

Ekindu
2009-11-17, 06:45 PM
Drest

A very tall man in worn scale mail enters the room admiring the vivid colours of the marble and tapestries. It has only been a week since his transfer from cities.

Looking to the young man who spoke;
"Not sure, It was supposed to be my first day on guard duty today."

"The name is Drest, yours?"

Eguzki
2009-11-17, 07:21 PM
Ulrik

A grungy dirty man takes a seat on the floor in the farthest corner of the room. He is dressed in worn leather pants and heavy boots. On his chest he bears a large dented and rusted breast plate. His greasy red hair hangs low covering his eyes. His tan leathery skin is covered in scars depicting his rough nature. A large worn great sword sits on his lap. Attached to the hilt are a variety of small trinkets ranging from teeth small bones and wood carvings. He looks cautiously at the rest of people in the room. He doesn't speak on less spoken to.

If asked for his name he simply responds in a deep guteral voice, "Ulrik."

Emlyn
2009-11-17, 11:12 PM
Leaning up against one of the columns is a weathered elf. His leather arm is well worn, but still in excellent condition. A finely crafted longsword and short sword are strapped to his waist while a short bow is hooked over his back. His sparkling green eyes survey each person with equal care, as if he is determining whether he can trust them. Finely, he says,"I suspect that we are needed for an assignment outside the walls. If not, then my time is being wasted. You may call me Aven."

Splodgey
2009-11-18, 09:38 AM
DM

Walking back into the antechamber is the same aide that showed you in.

"Our lord Kalin will see you know"

Walking into a perfectly circular room is odd at the best of times, but this one has nothing in it except for a wooden chair, not quite like a throne but well on its way in the centre of a raised dias.

Flanked by nothing but two guards armed with halberds and scale mail. Then you notice the man in the chair, and realise why you didn't notice him at first.

He is not imposing. He is not exceptionally decrepit. He is perfectly average. He stands at five foot seven inches. He is not exceptionally muscly or beautiful, but when he speaks you are captivated and can't stop listening to him.

"Greetings my friends. You may be wondering why I have called you, and you might have even gleaned it. If it was within the walls I would simply use city guards, and as such you may have gleaned that you will be leaving the confines of the compound.

As such here is what we need. We have heard rumours of a large force of these "plague marked" heading towards us to destroy the compound and take everything in it. All rumours point to them heading out of the south and towards us.

What we need from you, is to find them and not, i repeat not engage them. Simply mark their position, speed, numbers and any form of command structure amongst them.

Then report back to us, if of course you don't find them within a weeks travels, simply report back here, the danger may have been averted.

This is Aislinn, she will accompany you and is a skilled healer.

You will of course be reimbursed any expenses and a reward will be waiting for you upon your return.

Good luck"

With that the aide ushers you out before you can ask any questions and before you know it your standing outside the main door into the building.

Emlyn
2009-11-18, 01:44 PM
Well that was, pleasent. I recomend that we meet near the front gate once everyone is supplied. Take enough food for ten days.

OOC: What time is it? For instence if it's morning I'd recomend leaving as soon as possible. If it's late afternoon, then I'd recomend waiting till tommorow, etc.

Anonymouswizard
2009-11-18, 03:20 PM
"We should leave before the sun sets. But first we must ask around and discover where most of these plague marked have been spotted. We should then head in that direction. Is there any way we could be supplied with mounts in order to cover more ground?"

(OOC: If it is late morning or earlier when we have the information required for searching I would suggest moving out. If not I would like to hit the local libary and research these plague marked. I'll take a few levels of wizard and play a Cerebremancer. Sounds like a cool concept, after a couple of levels I slowly begin to realise that arcane magic does exsist (build psion 2/wizard 1/psion +1/wizard +2/Cerebremancer +10/psion +4).

Splodgey
2009-11-18, 04:44 PM
DM

For all those interested it is barely an hour after first light.

Ekindu
2009-11-18, 05:47 PM
Drest

Drest nods as he hears the requests of the king, happy that his new job isn't as boring as standing waiting for the 'Plague marked' to attack. Not so particularly happy he's been requested not to fight the marked ones.

Drest greets the new cleric and looks back towards the rest of the group.

"Go research all you need, I'm going to get rations for a few weeks trip."

"Anything else you need to say to me say it now, I'll meet you all by the front gates"

OOC
Do we just list purchases in spoilers and make the adjustments on our sheets?
If so,
10 Trail Rations, 5g
3 Waterskins 3g
Hooded Lantern 7g
I already have the rest of what I think I'll need.

Eguzki
2009-11-18, 08:11 PM
Ulrik

Ulrik stands tall looking absentmindedly at the rest of the group. He looks up at the sun. "Ulrik go find food. Kan't kill the strangers when hungree." And with that he turns and walks away with supprising speed for someone his size.

King Tius
2009-11-18, 08:49 PM
Trale

The noble elf nods to the suggested ideas. He turns to Aislinn and bows politely as well. "I'm glad you'll be joining us. I'm off to see if we can get some horses to speed our journey."

Splodgey
2009-11-18, 09:01 PM
DM

Trale

Everywhere you look in town you look with no avail.

Horses, mules, donkeys mounts of any kind are far too rare to just have a stable renting or selling them out.

Infact if you found enough of them and breeding grounds, it could become quite a lucrative business you summarise.

Ulrik

There is plenty of food to be had, vendors in the streets offering fresh fruit and vegetables, bakers with freshly baked bread.

Inns around town have stews or wheatbreads ready for sale and you even notice a haggard old crone selling what appears to be a cross between a flatbread and a wheaten bread. As you carry on walking she speaks out to you and streches a hand to match

"Spare a copper for an old lady sir? Each of these breads will keep you stronger for longer than even a hearty meat stew. Specially made according to my families old recipe."

Drest

You make your purchases without a glitch, and manage to meet up with Aven and Marcus first.

Eguzki
2009-11-18, 09:20 PM
Ulrik

Ulrik stops and looks down at the old lady. He takes a moment to answer, "More hearty dan stew. Me taste." He proceeds to grab one, "Mmmm. Me likes. I take." He grabs a whole stack and gives two gold pieces to old lady. One the way back he grabs a few water bags and some other supplies.

He arrives at the gates with the loafs still in his arms. He holds out the loafs to the group, "Taste. Very good." He puts what is left in his satchel and he is ready to go.

Purchases
20 loaves - 2gp (ate 1)
3 water skins - 3gp
Backpack - 2gp
10 torches - 1sp

Emlyn
2009-11-18, 10:22 PM
Aven is standing by the gate, sharpening his shortsword with a whet stone. He nods as each person arrives but does not stop his grinding.

Purchases

3 water skins (3gp)

Anonymouswizard
2009-11-19, 02:18 PM
Marcus
I'll spend an hour researching the Plague Marked and see if there are any books on them I can get out. What do I roll? Im guessing gather info or knowledge (arcana)? I'll roll those now, and anything else later.

Gather information: [roll0]
Knowledge (arcana): [roll1]

Splodgey
2009-11-19, 07:39 PM
DM

Marcus

Your know of no arcane reason why the plague seems to spread as it does or even how it occurs.

Yet there are many rumours the ones you hear and remember most around town are :

"It spreads via bugs"

"If a plagued one bites you you become like them"

"You can catch it from eating from ash heavy areas where things grow"

"The only way to get rid of it is fire"

Splodgey
2009-11-20, 08:19 PM
DM

Ulrik :

The bread tastes nice, really really nice, infact you think that you could live off of this bread alone. Not only does it mix all of your facourite foods in the world into one mouth wateringly good taste, it also has the faintest hint of your favourite alcohol as well, but not enough that it ruins it.

Make a Will Save OR Gain +2 temp CON.

Everyone :

Aislinn has arrived at the front gate dressed in a travelling garb and she has a backpack over her shoulders ready to go.

Assuming Trale arrives back after having no luck at all with the horses (DM Action) it is three hours to mid-day and you are all good to set off and get going.

Anonymouswizard
2009-11-21, 12:11 PM
Marcus
I call dins on any horses we find when we are out. If I find a male and female I could breed them and make a successful business (if I had known I would of been a wizard with mount, magic aura and disguise self).

King Tius
2009-11-21, 12:31 PM
Trale

The tall elf approaches the group at the gate and shakes his head. "I was unable to find us any mounts. We'll have to make it on foot. Shall we?"

Ekindu
2009-11-22, 12:12 AM
Drest

Welcoming Trale as he rejoins the group, Drest grabs his backpack and scythe and starts heading out of the gates. 'Assuming no one else has anything to say. Yes, lets head out now.'

Anonymouswizard
2009-11-22, 04:41 AM
Marcus

Yes, we should leave now, give me two minutes to get my supplies.

Buying 12 sets of rations

Eguzki
2009-11-22, 06:55 PM
Ulrik

Ulrik is waiting by the gates ready to go. He waits for everyone, occupying himself by sharpening his sword.

Roll
Will save [roll0]

Emlyn
2009-11-22, 07:45 PM
"Well now that we are all here, let's head out." Aven leads the party out of the town and begins south.

Splodgey
2009-11-23, 09:47 AM
DM

With still three hours at least until noon, your rag-tag motley party sets out. Well any group of people in the current day and age would be rag-tag and motley.

You all do however notice Ulrik munching upon the most interesting looking of bread. Yet he is not devouring it as might be expected, he is simply quite happily but constantly munching away on it.

Having left and walked steadily south for two hours now you have seen pretty much the same. A rough track that you can follow, a few shrubs and hedges on either side, occasionally a tree. There is wildlife, you can hear the whistle of birds and occasionally catch sight of a scampering squirrel.

Slowly meadering up a hill you catch another earthy scent, like a freshly dug patch of land, reaching the crest you can see that there has been moles all around. There are molehills dotted far and wide across the landscape.

Well by landscape, the meadow you appear to have come into it. It is flanked on either side by hills, so calling it a meadow is a bit of a misnomer, its more like a plateau. And then you see it.

At the far end, stood on a rock like a majestic beast, a wolf.

Emlyn
2009-11-23, 01:34 PM
Aven motions for the party to halt and draws his blades. He holds them down at his side, ready to use but not in a threatening stance.

Ekindu
2009-11-23, 02:32 PM
Drest

Drest stops at the sight of the wolf and readies his weapon. He notices this wolf is by it's lonesome, which is odd for an animal with a pack mentality.

Also knowing wolves aren't particularly ones for diplomacy, Drest readies himself for battle.

Eguzki
2009-11-23, 07:23 PM
Ulrik

Ulrik looks at wolf in the distance and immediately draws his great sword and prepares himself for action. Knees bent, back slightly hunched over and with his dirty long hair partially covering his piercing eyes, Ulrik looks very animalistic. He takes a few steps closer to the wolf and in front of the rest of the group looking left and right and keeping his ears perked for any other creatures.

"Hrm. Wolf. Where be his friends? There be more, I knows."

Rolls
Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

King Tius
2009-11-24, 02:29 PM
Trale

Trale knocks an arrow and scans the surrounding area. If the wolf is in range, he will attempt a handle animal check, motioning to the others to stay back as he moves forward a few paces and beckons to the wolf with is hand.

spot: [roll0]
listen:[roll1]
handle animal:[roll2]

Splodgey
2009-11-25, 01:50 PM
DM

The wolf watches you all for a while, a good five minutes must have passed and there has been no sight of any of his pack. Not a whisper upon the air. Then Trale advances towards it, shows the wolf that you mean no harm.

But instead of walking towards you, he looks at you all almost contemptously, turns and walks away. As he turns you can see that his tail is not hte same sleek black as the rest of his fur but it is more a light blonde.

{{If no one else has anything to do with the Wolf}}

The sun as at its highest as you walk down from the "Wolf Meadow" and your stomachs decide to tell oyu that its time to stop and have some dinner before long.

Eguzki
2009-11-25, 03:16 PM
Ulrick

As he is walking he hears his stomach grumble. He turns to look at the others and says, "Food. Me hunt." He drops his goat skin bag filled with the old lady's loaves and turns around into the forest with his thick fur cloak waving as he rushes into the forest.

Roll
Survival: [roll0]

When he returns he sits down quietly without a word to anyone eats whatever he got (if he got anything). If his hunt was unsuccessful he grabs a bread from his bag and munches on it.

EDIT: He returns to the group with a hand full of fur and a grim look on his face. He sits down apart from the group and starts munching on one of the loaves.

Ekindu
2009-11-25, 03:32 PM
Drest

Upon watching Ulrik come back empty handed Drest decides it's his turn to forage for food. Safe enough that Ulrik will guard the rest of the group Drest heads off in hopes of a better meal than the rations he has.

Roll
[roll0]

Spending time out in the wild was different than the barracks and guard towers he was used to. During his searches he didn't even manage to find animals or even edible vegetation.

Coming back to the group Drest gives off a light chuckle and looks towards Ulrik, "Looks like the animals outsmarted both of us."

Drest sits down with a hard thump and pulls out a ration and starts eating.

Eguzki
2009-11-25, 04:09 PM
Ulrik

Ulrik looks up at Drest. With a nod he says, "Hrmm. Morrow we 'unt both. You be bait and I kill." With a smirk he breaks off a piece of his bread and tosses it to Derst. He then puts his head down and goes back to his lonely thoughts.

Ekindu
2009-11-25, 04:25 PM
Drest

"Don't know how much I like the bait idea. How about you lift up a pantleg to get attention? Some animal out there would like it." Drest chuckles to himself and starts eating the hunk of bread.

Eguzki
2009-11-25, 07:14 PM
Ulrik

"Hrm Hrm Hrm" laughs Ulrik not bothering to look up. "Me like you. You funny man. I think Tisan like you too." Ulrik looks over to his right at an empty spot on the ground, "You like man, Tisan? He Funny, huh?"

Anonymouswizard
2009-11-26, 03:21 PM
Marcus

Pulling a hunk of stale bread out of his pack, Marcus smiles. Looking at the two unsuccessful hunters, he shakes his and and asks "So, the mighty hunters return with their great catch. Tell me, will we be expecting a rabbit for dinner tomorrow, or are we going to see all our food missing, the bounty of the great hunters!"

Emlyn
2009-11-26, 04:18 PM
ooc: How I keep missing that this thread updated? Sigh.

Aven tried to hide the smile that crept onto his face when his compains announced their intentions to go hunting. He only partially succeed. Shortly after they left he headed out to hunt.

[roll0]

He returns with a rabbit and sets about preparing it for himself.

Eguzki
2009-11-26, 04:57 PM
Ulrik

Ulrik looks at the sarcastic Marcus with a disgruntled and turns back to his meal.

Splodgey
2009-11-27, 10:50 AM
DM

{{DC's have changed from listed ones in the PHB, sorry guys, no meat for anyone.}}

Even the most successful forager and hunter amongst you - Marcus, has only returned with a handful of apples, and a few mushrooms he has found are edible and not poisonous.

Anyone who eats the bread, finds that it is amazing, quite simply amazing and they don't want to stop eating it.

{{Everyone except Marcus a DC14 Will save or gain +2 temp CON.
Marcus, a DC15 Will save or gain another +2 temp CON and loose 2 DEX temp.}}

Then just as people finish up eating and start to pack their gear up, a crossbow quarrel slams into the side of a tree next to Aven.

Spot checks all around and initative as well :D

Ekindu
2009-11-27, 11:09 AM
Drest

Drest springs to action as soon as he hears the thud against the tree. With scythe readied he looks at where the bolt came from.

Rolls

Will
[roll0]
Spot
[roll1]

Emlyn
2009-11-27, 03:36 PM
Spot:
[roll0]
Initiative:
[roll1]

Aven ducks and whirls around, trying to locate the source of the attack.

Eguzki
2009-11-27, 11:52 PM
Ulrik

Ulrik jumps quickly to his feet raising his great sword. Looks every which way trying to find the source of the sound, listening closely for anything out of the ordinary.

Rolls
Init [roll0]
Spot [roll1]
Listen [roll2]

Anonymouswizard
2009-11-28, 05:01 AM
Marcus starts to focus, getting ready to call up a construct.

RollsWill:
Init: [roll1] or 1d20+2
Spot: [roll2]

So, as I didn't eat the food you gave us instead of that which I had packed, I don't just get a bonus? And I bet everyone else is purposely failing their saves. I should try that sometimr.

King Tius
2009-11-28, 12:23 PM
Trale

The elf's grip tightens around his bow as his companions spring to the ready.

will:
Init: 1d20+4
Spot: 1d20+1[/roll]

King Tius
2009-11-28, 12:24 PM
Whoops!

Init: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]

Splodgey
2009-11-30, 08:55 AM
DM

Casting your eyes across the bushes nearby, the only one who spots anything is Trale. You spot a small figure with an overly large crossbow in his hands slowly cranking back this crossbow to reload the bolt and launch it back at the party.

Initiatives :

Ulrik - 22
Marcus - 20
Drest - 18
Small creature
Aislin - 17
Trale - 14
Aven - 5

Eguzki
2009-11-30, 07:48 PM
Ulrik

OoC:
Well if I cant see anyone I can't really do anything. So Trale could you let us know what you see

Ulrik simply stands there motionless looking and listening. He is ready to attack whatever he sees at the first sign.

Action:
Ulrik will ready this action: Move to any creature that seems hostile when he notices them.

Rolls:
Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Ekindu
2009-12-02, 03:26 PM
Drest

If Trale doesn't say where the creature is do this.
Drest scans the area and readies to charge anything he sees with his scythe

rolls

Spot
[roll0]
Listen
[roll1]

If Trale tells me where the creature is
Move up to the creature and attack.
[roll2]
[roll3]

Emlyn
2009-12-02, 03:45 PM
Aven

As I go after Trale, I'm assuming he will have announced the creatures position.

Aven turns towards where Trale saw the creature. He runs towards it, trying to flank it. He swings both swords, hoping to end it quickly.

Main Hand
[roll0]
[roll1]
Off Hand
[roll2]
[roll3]

Anonymouswizard
2009-12-05, 07:40 AM
Marcus

With a sense of unease I psionicly focus and get ready to summon an astral construct next round. I will focus on my current count as I saw the arrow (my spot check was high enough wasn't it?)

Splodgey
2009-12-07, 03:09 PM
DM

Round 1

Ulrik holds till he can spot the creature

Marcus on the other hand starts to focus his mind and begins calling an ally to help you.

Drest holds as well for now.

The creature gives up reloading its crossbow and drops it in favour of drawing a short sword from one scabbard and a dagger from another as he moves forward, holding them both like it knows what to do with them. He engages Ulrik and strikes twice, only scoring a single hit {4 damage}

Everyone spotting the creature whirls into action at once, Ulrik runs forward towards the creature and engages him, taking a wild swing and missing.

Drest too advances and unfortunatley the creatures small size is just not right for Drest and his swing goes over the head of the creature.

Aislinn moves forward ready to heal anyone who gets injured.

Trale spots the creature and looses an arrow from his bow, unfortunatley for Trale the creatures sword was in just the right spot at the right time and it clangs off.

Aven misses. Twice. First time quite badly and almost looses his grip on his weapon but keeps hold just about.

Ulrik - 22
Marcus - 20
Drest - 18
Small creature
Aislin - 17
Trale - 14
Aven - 5

Eguzki
2009-12-07, 03:40 PM
Ulrik-round 2

OoC:
Im kinda of unclear wether the creature entered my threatened area or if i entered his. Well if it entered mine then here i would get an AoO:

Attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

"Your tiny stix dun't 'urt Ulrik! Ulrik kill!!!!"
Raising his sword high over head, Ulrik attempts to strike down the creature that just hit him. He bellows a great howl which seems to chill the hearts of all those around.

Attack: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Ekindu
2009-12-07, 04:43 PM
Drest

Recovering from his miss Drest winds back and gets ready to strike from above on his tiny target.

Attack
[roll0]
[roll1]

King Tius
2009-12-07, 07:10 PM
Trale

Cursing under his breath for missing his first shot, the elf draws and fires again.

attack: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]

OOC: I am back and no longer dying of Tonsilitis!

Emlyn
2009-12-07, 09:41 PM
Cursing his first strike, Aven tries to get into a flanking position and strikes again.

Aven attempts to get into a flanking position and then attacks.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Splodgey
2009-12-09, 06:49 PM
DM

Ulrik swings again mightily, but the creature is just too fast and nimbly dodges aside.

Marcus on the other hand finishes his calling, and summons forth a well, a vaguely humanoid shape of bright green shining goo. (I will leave the description up to him for it)

Drest decides Ulriks idea of missing is a brilliant one and swings at the same portion of air that Ulrik has just hit.

The creature, seeing it is outnumbered instead decides that being flanked would be a bad idea, and rolls around to the side (tumbled), righting itself and stabbing Drest. Twice. {Damage 7, sorry :smallredface:)

Aislinn steps forward and lays her hand on Ulriks wounds, and he feels a warm glow spread throughout him and infuse him as his wounds seem to start closing on their own accord. {back to full HP, 6 HP cured from a cure light}

Trale sights the creature and lets rip with another arrow sizzling air, air and air unfortunatley just missing the creatures head, well, missing by quite a way actually.

Aven on the other hand strikes not just once but twice, with lighting quick reflexs he moves into position and scores two hits, one of them a hard one. Unfortunatley the creature stays standing and it appears to be doing so simply through sheer will at this point.

Ulrik - 22
Marcus - 20
Drest - 18
Small creature
Aislin - 17
Trale - 14
Aven - 5

Ekindu
2009-12-09, 07:00 PM
Drest

Enraged by the bloodshed given from the tiny green man, Drest lets out a yell into the goblins face and reels back one more time for a mighty strike.

power attack for 1
[roll0]
[roll1]

Emlyn
2009-12-09, 07:08 PM
OOC: If i do get into a flanking position, please let me know so I can add my sneak attack damage

Frustrated that the creature is still standing, Aven moves behind (or to a flanking spot) and strikes out with both blades.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Eguzki
2009-12-10, 04:47 PM
Ulrik

Quickly recovering from the miss Ulrik strikes at the foul beast in a swift upward motion. The muscles in is arms pulsing from the great anger in his blood.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

King Tius
2009-12-11, 01:59 PM
Trale

Pew Pew! Trale does it again!

attack: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]

Splodgey
2009-12-13, 09:42 AM
DM

I would do a blow by blow account, but you all just blew the creature up so quickly and violently, all that is left of the poor thing is entrails smeared on your faces.

In the immediate aftermath looking around, it seems no one else has heard the sound of combat and Aislinn steps forward offering some divine powers of her god to attempt to fix some of your wounds if you so wish :smallsmile:

Ekindu
2009-12-14, 09:42 PM
Drest

Turning to Aislinn after the green critter has been thoroughly punctured, "If you wouldn't mind I have a cute little gaping hole in the side of me."

After the healing Drest turns back to the goblin and starts rummaging through it's belongings seeing what he'd like to donate to the group.

search
[roll0]

Emlyn
2009-12-14, 09:49 PM
Aven see's Drest attempting to look through the creatures belongings and comes over. He puts a hand on his shoulder and says, "I think I may be a tad bit more familiar doing this. Allow me."

search
[roll0]

:smallbiggrin: Natural 20, that's got to find something.

Splodgey
2009-12-15, 08:45 AM
DM

Stripping the poor creature down completley reveals that at first glance it has nothing beyond the heavy crossbow it discarded, a quiver full of crossbow bolts minus two. The shortsword and dagger it held were well made but not of fantastic quality the same as the rest of its gear including the leather armour it had.

Aven however see's something Drest missed when the creature had been rolled over, and bending down he cuts a small square of flesh away from the creatures bum, revealing amongst many other nasty things, a small silver ring which does look really quite well made.

And a small key as well, the key, being smaller than the space inside the ring in total.

Emlyn
2009-12-17, 12:08 AM
Pocketing the interesting items, Aven suggests that they move on though with more caution.