PDA

View Full Version : Extra arms and Grappling (D&D3.5e)

Fluffles
2009-11-17, 07:05 PM
Are there any rules anywhere that says you get a bonus on grapple checks for having more than 2 arms?

I think I've read it somewhere, but I can't remember where.

EDIT: Found it! Sword & Fist, page 62. 3.0 book that was not converted to 3.5 So it should carry over :smallbiggrin:

IonDragon
2009-11-17, 07:19 PM
Are there any rules anywhere that says you get a bonus on grapple checks for having more than 2 arms?

I think I've read it somewhere, but I can't remember where.

I'm not sure if there is a rule regarding that, but the Giant Octopus doesn't get any bonus to grapple for multiple tentacles. You may be thinking of resisting Trip attempts, where creatures get a +2 per leg past the 2nd.

Fluffles
2009-11-17, 07:23 PM
No, I'm sure there is something about more arms. It might be a 3.0 book... But I mush find it. It's for an arena game on another site, and there is a 60% chance of me going *squish* unless I can find a way to get to use my 6 arms. (Insectile)

EDIT: Wow, I just did some googling and this thread was the number 1 on the list :smalltongue:

FMArthur
2009-11-18, 02:23 AM
Improved Grab, Snatch, Improved Snatch and Multisnatch can help you grapple many foes at once. That's one fun way to make use of multiple limbs for grappling.

PhoenixRivers
2009-11-18, 02:27 AM
1st: Grapple bonuses for extra limbs would fall under racial modifiers, such as the one a squid has.

2nd: Trip resist does not give you a +2 bonus per leg after the second. It gives a flat +4 if you have more than 2 legs or are exceptionally stable.

So, whether you have 3 legs, or 300 and the Stable quality, you get a +4.

PlzBreakMyCmpAn
2009-11-18, 11:21 AM
Then I get the +4 IRL. :smallbiggrin:

But on topic there are ways to deal damage on grapples IIRC. There might be a way to make the extra arms buff the damage. Hmmm