PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Questions about Setting sun

vanyell
2009-11-17, 07:26 PM
I am in a PbP game as a swordsage who is focusing in setting sun maneuvers, and va question about feat choices has come up. Many of the powers say that they are are resolved like trip attempts (without the downsides and a +4 to the attempt, and more). Does this +4 stack with the +4 from improved trip?

if so, do you think it's worth it to burn a feat on Improved Trip?

ghashxx
2009-11-17, 09:46 PM
Well you're getting bonuses from two completely separate and unrelated sources (special like ability thingy and feat), so I'd say they do stack. I would have to go back and double check to be certain, but I'd say they definitely stack. Though word to the wise, I've found the maneuvers that just don't even let your opponent get to attack you to be much better than tripping. So maybe instead of grabbing an extra +4 to trip with improved trip it might behoove you to nab something else. I would say Elusive Target, but that requires two practically useless feats to grab (dodge and mobility) so unless you're already going that route I would say never mind.

Master_Rahl22
2009-11-17, 10:23 PM
The Setting Sun throws can be decent, and I'm positive Improved Trip stacks with the bonus given by the maneuvers. Playing a Goliath or Half-Giant will also help, since you count as large for tripping and get very useful stat bonuses too.

ghashxx
2009-11-17, 10:54 PM
The Setting Sun throws can be decent, and I'm positive Improved Trip stacks with the bonus given by the maneuvers. Playing a Goliath or Half-Giant will also help, since you count as large for tripping and get very useful stat bonuses too.

Usually true, but with setting sun you will often get bonuses for being smaller than your opponent.