PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Number of wand uses in a round

Thurbane
2009-11-17, 09:42 PM
Hey all,

Just a purely mental excercise (for a potential BBEG I might use some time in the future). How many wands could one caster (and his familiar) fire off in a single round?

Here's my initial thoughts:

Dual Wand Wielder (2 wands)
Imp familiar, using UMD and a Rod of Many Wands (3 wands)
Vestigial Twin trait from DMG II (1 wand) (?)

...so that's 6 wands (if a vestigial twin can activate a wand), not including shennanigans from Celerity, Timestop or other sources that give extra actions/round.

Now, I'm not much of an optimizer, so I'm sure someone can blow that figure out of the water!:smallbiggrin:

Yukitsu
2009-11-17, 09:45 PM
Putting a meta wand grip on all that jazz and wielding the rod of many wands yourself with the quicken and twin spell metamagics known means you can activate 6 as a swift action, and another 6 as a standard. And then you can get your familiar to do the same sans feats for another 3.

Using the fission psionic ability, means you do double.

Making one of the wands a wand of celerity means you loop this until you run out of wands and charges.

You should be holding two wands, one to use quickened, the other not.

holywhippet
2009-11-17, 09:50 PM
Are you allowing any kind of preparation? In theory the spellcaster could make a simulacrum of themselves in advance and load it up with wands.

Thurbane
2009-11-17, 10:04 PM
Are you allowing any kind of preparation? In theory the spellcaster could make a simulacrum of themselves in advance and load it up with wands.
Well, I'd rather not go to that level of cheese...I mean, the Imp and the vestigial twin are enough I think. :smalltongue: