PDA

View Full Version : Next Generation of Shinobi: Team 6 IC

nighthawk07
2009-11-18, 01:18 AM
You all sit in room 106 waiting to see who your new sensei is. It is 5 minutes or so till your sensei is suppose to show up. The room is silent as you all sit around.

Krazddndfreek
2009-11-18, 09:52 PM
Uchiha Kimiko

There was no worry of anticipation for Kimiko. At least not for whether she would be accepted as a ninja. She wasn't hugely worried about who was going to be in her team, she would advance to the chunin level too quick to care, of that she was certain. She was a genius after all. But it would have been nice to have some of her friends, or at least one boy.

But as luck would have it, she was stuck with two girls who were always quiet. On top of that, Kawasoko was poor and was no fun, and Uzumaki was even less so. Not that she was boring or anything, she just had everything given to her on a silver platter, a princess. It didn't help any that she was the Hokage's daughter, a man whom she also hated. Or maybe it was because she was the Hokage's daughter and then the princess deal that she didn't like about her? Oh, and she was quiet all the time.

She opened the door of the classroom to find that she was the first one in. That's unusual, she thought. She looked at the empty room and quickly glanced up at the clock. I'm not that early, only five minutes ahead. Hmph, Of course the princess can slack off, her father can just do everything for her. And where's the sensei? Shouldn't he at least be a little early?

"Tch... what'd I do to deserve such dumb team?"

She walks over to the closest desk and sits on it, swinging her feet as she glares at the door, as if willing the others to arrive immediately.

Kasanip
2009-11-18, 11:03 PM
Kawasoko Yumi

Yumi was nervous. She had been elated at graduating the academy - a spectacular achievement that she was very proud of...but she had been put in the same squad as an Uchiha and Uzumaki. Kimiko and Natsumi - she knew them from class, but had really always been a little too shy to talk to them. Kimiko, the Uchiha, had always been intimidating and outgoing enough that she had always been surrounded either with a group, or walking a loner path. Natsumi, the daughter of the Hokage, was no less intimidating because of her Father, as well as her own reserved demeanor.
Yumi was going to be trapped between two pairs of very scary eyes, and most likely would pull the team down on their missions....
But, she had to do her very best now! There was no alternative, if she didn't want to appear just horribly average in front of them. And with that promise, Yumi also made another one- that she would become friends with the other two girls. It may be difficult at first, but they would get there eventually - she was sure of it!
With that promise made, she took a deep breath, and opened the door to the room. Having found no one there, she had decided to entertain herself with some practice walking up the side of the wall - a skill she had just started learning to use secretly on her own. She had made it to the top of the wall, and had just started taking baby steps across the ceiling - a very difficult task being upside-down, before Kimiko had walked in. She stopped walking and scrambled for a plan. She had no idea what Kimiko would think if she saw her on the ceiling, but she dreaded it all the same. At worst the Uchiha would think she was trying to show off, which wasn't the case at all! But as Yumi looked for a way to escape Kimiko's vision, time ticked on, and she knew it was only a matter of time before Natsumi and their new instructor showed up and made the situation even more uncomfortable.
"Ah....Excuse me, Uchiha-sa----AAHHH!!"

She had started to call out to the Uchiha girl, but speaking had proven too difficult a burden to add atop the blood pounding in her head and the concentration she had had to keep. And so Yumi fell, rather ungracefully onto the floor nearby, managing only the saving grace of finding the pain coming not from her head, but the other end of her body.

Well, so much for first impressions.

Krazddndfreek
2009-11-18, 11:34 PM
Uchiha Kimiko

Kimiko lifted a confused eyebrow after cringing from Yumi's fall. She was on the ceiling? But hadn't she already looked up at the ceiling? Nobody was there, though. No, it was only at the clock. She should have noticed earlier, her status as a genius nin depended on it

This girl was not a particularly gifted student, as she had predicted, but she couldn't deny the fact that she had been on the ceiling. How did she do that? She hadn't even mastered that technique. But she was so timid, talking to her was going to be so difficult. There was also the matter of her hearing what she had said when she thought no one else was around. Oh well, it didn't matter to her too much anyway. With a slightly annoyed, slightly confused looking expression, she asked.

Kawasoko-san, right? How did you get on the ceiling?

Kasanip
2009-11-18, 11:40 PM
Kawasoko Yumi

Yumi shook her head and rose with an embarassed wince, before meeting Kimiko's gaze. She tried to get past her own flustered emotions.
"Ah, Uchiha-san... Yes, I'm Yumi Kawasoko.. Ah, um... It's nice to meet you. Let's do our best together!" She said, bowing to her teammate.
And then it clicked that Kimiko had not missed the fact she had been on the ceiling. Of course! She was a sharp Uchiha girl. Yumi's face, which had been red from the blood rushing into it while she had perched upside-down, was now a lighter shade of cherry and she looked down, not daring to meet her teammate's accusing, confused expression.
"Ah, yes. Umm, I climbed." She said, a little unsure of how she should explain it.

Krazddndfreek
2009-11-18, 11:50 PM
Uchiha Kimiko

Climbed? She had really guessed right? She really is better than I'd thought. Of course, Kimiko would never in her life voice that thought, instead the best course of action would next to ignore the other girl's last sentence and pick up from there.

She was however somewhat surprised at the bowing, although customary, none of the students ever really bowed to each other. They had already gone and done that, during there first years at the academy. But they were already graduating. She refocuses her gaze to the crack of the door and scratches the side of her head.

Right... nice to meet you too...

horngeek
2009-11-24, 05:33 AM
Uzumaki Natsumi

Natsumi walks in, seeing the two already here.

So, our Sensei hasn't arrived yet?

She sighs, and sits down at a desk.

Hello, Uchiha-san, Kawasoko-san.

Kasanip
2009-11-24, 06:47 AM
Relief that tension building from the awkward silence had dissipated (for the moment at least) when Natsumi arrived, Yumi felt her faltering smile return in full, her heart settle, and she offered a bow to her teammate's greeting.
"Good morning Uzumaki san." She said in reply.
"It looks like our teacher isn't here yet, but it's just now the time they said to come..." She said, absently looking up at the clock hanging in the room.

horngeek
2009-11-24, 06:51 AM
Natsumi is a little suprised, but bows back to Yumi.

Yeah...

She's hoping the teacher isn't like Ero-Sennin that dad's always telling her about.

So, looks like we're an all-girl team?

She smiles a bit.

Krazddndfreek
2009-11-24, 02:45 PM
Uchiha Kimiko

She always has that stupid smile, even when she has no friends, Kimiko thinks, I hate it.

"Duh this is an all-girl's team, or is the princess too ditzy to realize that there aren't any guys here?"

She spits the word "princess" with her usual derision.

horngeek
2009-11-24, 05:03 PM
Natsumi sighs.

I wish people wouldn't bring up my family so often...

No, she's just trying to make conversation.

I should have known not to bother with her.

But since you don't seem to want to...

Natsumi sighs and sits at the desk.

nighthawk07
2009-11-24, 11:12 PM
The clock finally strikes the hour and the door to the classroom opens. A tall young man with dark hair and eyes walks in. He is garbed in the standard outfit for Konoha shinobi except he wears his forehead protector is on a black handkerchief around his neck.

He looks the group over with an expressionless face and says in a deep voice "I am Yasuhiro Kagoshima, I am your sensei." He hands everyone a sheet of paper "Please fill that out."

The paper
The paper Yasuhiro has handed out is a simple questionaire
1. What is your name?
2. What are your hobbies?
3. What are your dislikes?
4. What are your dreams for the future?
5. What is your favorite food?
6. Why did you become a shinobi?

horngeek
2009-11-24, 11:38 PM
Natsumi looks at the paper, then starts to fill it out.

1. What is your name? Uzumaki Natsumi
2. What are your hobbies? Training, chatting with my family when they're home.
3. What are your dislikes? Bullies, people who just see my parentage and not me.
4. What are your dreams for the future? Get everyone to see that I'm not just an Uzumaki, I'm Natsumi.
5. What is your favorite food? Ramen
6. Why did you become a shinobi? Because everyone expected me to.

Krazddndfreek
2009-11-25, 01:35 AM
Kimiko smirks as Natsumi sighs and sits down. Then, a noise and the door shifted open. The sensei had arrived. 'bout time too... As he passes them out, she remains sitting on the desk, apparently spacing out, but snatches the paper as he puts it in front of her. She looks over the questionnaire before filling it out. Geez this guy is lazy. Not that I'm complaining... but seriously, making us fill out questionnaires like this. And what the hell is this? Favorite food? What a useless question.

1. What is your name? Uchiha Kimiko
2. What are your hobbies? Shopping, training in ninjutsu
3. What are your dislikes? Weak and annoying people. Especially Uzumaki Natsumi
4. What are your dreams for the future? To pursue my father's dream: the resurrection of my clan.
5. What is your favorite food? I don't have a favorite food
6. Why did you become a shinobi? To fulfill my dream and my father's dream.

And the last question... why did I become a shinobi... Dad... no doubt about it. she muses to herself.

Kasanip
2009-11-25, 05:13 AM
Yumi looked at her sensei, trying to remember anything about him. She wasn't sure if she had seen him around before or not... But those thoughts were interrupted by the questionnaire he had handed out. A little disappointed by his emotionless reaction, Yumi buried her feelings, praying that he wasn't one of the ultra-strict types of ninjas. She peeked a glance at her two teammates though, and dreaded the worst. Of course, with those two here, it had to be a tough sensei - someone who was well trusted and a survivor. That was both a relief, but also added more stress to her.

But she had promised, and she most certainly wouldn't allow herself to be daunted just at the lack of a cheery introduction. Maybe with enough of a smile, she'd be able to crack that mask of his.

Yumi wrote her answers down in immaculately attentive handwriting. It was neat, and perfect to the stroke, though it made her the last one to finish. Realizing this she mentally groaned and handed the questionnaire in with her hands.

1. What is your name? Kawasoko Yumi
2. What are your hobbies? I like Hiking, bird-watching and reading books.
3. What are your dislikes? Surprises, Rainy Days.
4. What are your dreams for the future? I want to see the World. I want to meet people and make them happy. I want to be a smilebringer.
5. What is your favorite food? I like okonomiyaki.
6. Why did you become a shinobi? I want to help people as best I can. Maybe becoming a ninja will let me save lives of the people of our village.

horngeek
2009-11-25, 04:24 PM
Narsumi looks at her answers...

Yeah, that's all right.

She hands it back to her teacher.

nighthawk07
2009-12-01, 01:35 AM
Yasuhiro collects all of the surveys after you are done. He silently looks over them and glances up at each of you making a mental note of you all. After that he rips the papers to shreds. "Thank you. I can see I will have quite the pupils. But before I become your teacher you will have to prove to me your worthiness" he says in his passive and low voice. "Tomorrow I want you all to go to training area 5 and come prepared to fight me." He pulls out a manilla envelope and hands it to Yumi. "If you do not know the way the directions are in there."

"I suggest you take the time remaining today to get to know your new teammates." he says as he walks out of the room.

horngeek
2009-12-01, 01:44 AM
Natsumi sighs as she hears the instruction to 'get to know each other'.

This is not going to be fun...

Dad must have had his reasons, though.

Krazddndfreek
2009-12-01, 01:51 AM
Uchiha Kimiko

Kimiko nods as soon as the sensei is finished and says in a falsely cheery tone, that would have been cute if it weren't inherently creepy coming from her, Hai, Yasuhiro-sensei! Then watches him until he walks out the door. Then she immediately turns to the others and says in an intimidating tone, "Let's get one thing straight, I don't want to 'get to know' you, I don't even want to be wasting my time with you half-life excuses for shinobi. So just stay out of my way and we'll 'get along' famously." she pauses, staring down either girl, "And gimme that." she motions the envelope in Yumi's hand.

((OOC: I didn't think it would be this difficult to play a bully :smallfrown: Don't take anything personally anyway. I know you guys probably wouldn't anyway, but just in case. :smallwink:))

horngeek
2009-12-01, 02:02 AM
I know the way anyway... so if you don't know already, you can have it.

Kami give me patience...

{{Don't worry. I'll end up taking my anger at bullies out IC, not OOC}}

Kasanip
2009-12-01, 03:06 AM
Kawasoko Yumi

Yumi was...surprised that their sensei had ripped up the paper so quickly. But they were ninja, she reminded herself. Yasuhiro sensei... One day they would do him proud.

Of course, she caught onto his plan when he handed her the envelope. Why her? The daughter of the hokage was sitting there next to the genius uchiha... Of course it was a move to either alienate her, or pull her up to an equal position as the other two.

Kimiko however, didn't seem to buy this for a second. Yumi winced as Kimiko stared her down and demanded the envelope. But as she started to hand it out, Yumi stopped and her expression became more firm - hopeful in some ways.
"Here... I will give it to you, but only because I like to help my friends." She said.

(ooc: Don't worry~)

horngeek
2009-12-01, 03:41 AM
Natsumi moves over to Yumi.

Listen... if you don't know and Kimiko won't way, I'll be happy to tell you, all right?

...Dad or Mum probably won't be home until late anyway, so I'm not in a hurry to get home.

Krazddndfreek
2009-12-01, 03:55 AM
Uchiha Kimiko

Kimiko glares at Yumi, snatching the manila envelope out from under their eyes. "Oh, well... thank you very much then." she says in that same falsely sweet voice. She throws a fake smile then delicately picks out the contents of the envelope, almost painfully so, and looks it over. After looking up from it, she puts out the pages daintily for Yumi to take them, but tosses them over to the ground before she can actually grab them. "Oops. Thought you had them." she says cheerily. She then spins around to face the door and tosses the envelope behind. Just before she passes through the door, she says dryly, "Pick it up. The sensei will be mad if he sees you left a mess."

horngeek
2009-12-01, 03:59 AM
Natsumi almost looks like she's glaring at Kimiko for a moment.

Surely not. No, it can't be.

She's too weak-willed to glare at anyone, right?

However, she does move to pick the sheets up, not needing to look at them.

Kasanip
2009-12-01, 09:40 AM
Kawasoko Yumi

Yumi waved silently as Kimiko left, and then sighed - not vexed, but more 'disappointed.' She knelt down and helped pick up the papers with Natsumi.
"Thank you Uzumaki-san." She said gratefully. Here at least, she could reach out to one of her teammates. Kimiko would come around eventually, Yumi knew and unconsciously hoped.

horngeek
2009-12-01, 05:07 PM
It's all right.

Do you want to go somewhere where we can get to know each other? There's a great Ramen place...

Natsumi smiles.

Except I suppose we've got to rest for tomorrow, right?

Ah, well. Maybe later.

Smiling, Natsumi heads out.

Kasanip
2009-12-03, 11:12 AM
Kawasoko Yumi

Yumi nodded, smiling regretfully.
"I'll see you tomorrow then, Uzumaki-san." Yumi said. As the Daughter of the Hokage walked out of the room, Yumi sighed and looked down at the papers. Well, the first day could have gone worse.

nighthawk07
2009-12-03, 06:03 PM
You arrive at the designated training field early the next morning. It is sunny today with not too many clouds. The field is a grassy clearing in the forest with a few large rocks here and there. Yasuhiro sits on one of these boulders in a meditative state. (you can describe the manner in which you arrive)

Regardless whether or not you come late or early he waits for the whole team to assemble before he speaks. "Are you prepared?" he gets off the boulder and stands before you all.

horngeek
2009-12-03, 08:50 PM
Natsumi arrives early, looking around. She simply walks on.

Hello, sensei.

Kasanip
2009-12-04, 10:43 AM
Yumi arrived next, holding in her hands the documents entrusted to her the previous day as she trotted up to the clearing. She smiled and nodded a greeting to Natsumi, and came to a halt next to her facing their instructor.

"I'm ready!" She said, and there was definite note of determination in her voice. Today was their first day as real ninja. She wouldn't let her teammates down!

horngeek
2009-12-05, 01:20 AM
Hello, Yumi. Looks like we're just waiting for Kimiko...

Natsumi looks around the field. I'm just hoping it's not the bell test...

Krazddndfreek
2009-12-05, 01:34 AM
Uchiha Kimiko

"I've been sitting here the whole time, you twit." a voice from behind her grumbles. Kimiko drops down from the tree behind Natsumi. She probably wasn't there for more than a few seconds, but how would Natsumi know?

((Somehow the DMs last post or anything until this one didn't show up on my control panel. Sorry))

horngeek
2009-12-05, 01:38 AM
Natsumi sighs and shakes her head.

Not in the mood to argue...

Kasanip
2009-12-05, 02:15 AM
Yumi

Yumi jumped slightly as Kimiko's voice rang out behind. She recovered quickly enough and turned to face the girl with a smile on her face.

"Good morning Uchiha-san." She greeted. Looking between her two comrades, she raised her hands into fists. Any sort of morale was better than none...
"Let's all do our best today!"

horngeek
2009-12-05, 02:26 AM
Natsumi nods. All right, Yumi. Let's.

nighthawk07
2009-12-07, 05:04 PM
"Its good to see some of you get along." he says as he watches you talk amongst yourselves. "Today you will be fighting me for the right to wear that headband." He points to the forehead protectors you wear (assuming you're wearing them). "Your goal is to take mine away from me as a team." he points to the forehead protector he wears around his neck. "If I don't like what I see you will be sent back to the academy. Any questions?"

horngeek
2009-12-07, 05:11 PM
Not really. I assume we'll have to fight all out if we even want a chance to do this?

And do we get planning time?

Natsumi seems to... change, the anticipation at the fight ahead seeming to wipe away her usual shyness.

{{How does this work in rules? Grapple? Touch attack?}}

Krazddndfreek
2009-12-07, 09:58 PM
Uchiha Kimiko

Somewhat alarmed by Yasuhiro-sensei's statement, Kimiko shifts her head to face him and then asks cautiously, "So graduating from the academy wasn't the end, then? Talk about a pop quiz." She frowns and then regards Natsumi, "You'd better not mess this up." then disappears in a flash to hide in the nearby foliage.

I can't believe I have to depend her. Hopefully she wont screw up too bad. she smirks and observes the sensei, waiting for a possible opening.

((I believe that it would be a disarm check. Although, according to the DND PHB we would need to make a grapple check, and then a disarm check, with him at +4. Unless it is in his hands.))

Hide: [roll0]
Not that it particularly matters, since he's a jounin, it just seems right. xD

Kasanip
2009-12-08, 05:30 AM
Yumi

Yumi's heart beat a little faster now. They need to work as a team to get it back...but she hardly knew anything about her teammates, except that both were famous/infamous in their own ways, and were heirs to legendary families. They had to coordinate if they were going to beat a Jounin though...

"I understand." She said earnestly, her eyes determined as she nodded.

As Kimiko ran off, Yumi sighed mentally. It was going to be hard coordinating if they took such immediate individual action. No, Yumi would wait until the official match started, and instead watched their instructor carefully.

Yumi is studying him, as per the 'empathy' talent.

nighthawk07
2009-12-10, 01:10 AM
"I didn't finish yet." the Jounin says as Kimiko darts into the foliage. "You are allowed to use deadly force. If you are not prepared to kill you shouldn't have become shinobi."

"Now then you may make the first move."

(roll initiative)

Krazddndfreek
2009-12-10, 01:23 AM
Initiative: [roll0]
It has been rolled. Though shouldn't they hide first? I suppose it should just be retconned in that she hides after he's finished?

horngeek
2009-12-10, 01:35 AM
Initiative- [roll0]

I wonder who's going last? :smalltongue:

Kasanip
2009-12-10, 04:48 AM
Yumi's Initiative Roll: [roll0]

nighthawk07
2009-12-16, 04:17 AM
(Well looks like its Kimiko, Yumi, then Natsumi, and of course the sensei. Go ahead and do you turns you can use your previous hide roll if you want.)