PDA

View Full Version : What do mind flayers do when they want to get totally wasted?

Cookiemobsta
2009-11-18, 04:03 PM
They go bard hopping!

*badump-ching"

Shademan
2009-11-18, 04:10 PM
Maybe eat the brains of drunk persons? does that work?
Or ...eat crazies...

Count Dravda
2009-11-18, 04:18 PM
Lords of Madness states that they find different varieties of brains delicious based on the owner's personality. Duergar, with their insane egotism, are highly sought delicacies. I would imagine they would eat a crazy person's brain. That, or use those weird emotion resonator things to project feelings of satisfaction and serenity into themselves.

-Count Dravda

TheThan
2009-11-18, 04:31 PM
Maybe eat the brains of drunk persons? does that work?
Or ...eat crazies...

eat the brains of the clinically insane.

Shademan
2009-11-18, 04:33 PM
eat the brains of the clinically insane.

yeah... Being PC and all that. (no sarcasm intended)
what about mentally challenged people? what would mind flayers think of them?

wonder if idiots taste sour....

Comet
2009-11-18, 04:37 PM
I always fancied the idea that they just find some sentient 'shrooms and bond with them telepathically or something.
Or they could snort some kind of psi-crystals, I dunno. Getting wasted seems so very tame when you could expand your consciousness with weird psionic powers. Best trip ever.

Zaydos
2009-11-18, 04:40 PM
Ah a cleric's brain, a fine hearty breakfast, nice and nutritious and filled with the energy needed to wake up and go.
A wizard's brain sweet and mouth watery, a dessert and treat hard won.
The fighter's brain, rather bland, but nicely spiced with courage.
The crazed gnome's brain it'll make you see colors.
But the orcs brain? It noxious odor be a warning, it's taste is foul and vile, to twist the stomach. To that we say no.

hamishspence
2009-11-18, 04:42 PM
Heroes of Horror had a very nasty example- they compel a bunch of people into a massive brawl (killing and worse) and drink in the energies of serious suffering.

Shademan
2009-11-18, 04:42 PM
orc brains are like a slightly under-roasted egg. and a rather bland one at that

i think

SuperMuldoon
2009-11-18, 04:48 PM
I wonder if it's taboo to eat a mind-flayer brain? Cannibalism and all that sure, but one of them HAS to be at least curious!

Vortling
2009-11-18, 04:49 PM
They go bard hopping!

*badump-ching"

While puntastic, this doesn't quite work due to what previous posters have noted about the taste of brains.

Comet
2009-11-18, 04:52 PM
I wonder if it's taboo to eat a mind-flayer brain? Cannibalism and all that sure, but one of them HAS to be at least curious!
Better yet, has there ever been a case of a group of Illithid trying to consume a...whatcha callit? God-Brain?

Shademan
2009-11-18, 04:53 PM
Better yet, has there ever been a case of a group of Illithid trying to consume a...whatcha callit? God-Brain?

what a sick and twisted feeding frenzy/orgy of carnal brutality that would be...
...awesome

AslanCross
2009-11-18, 05:09 PM

The Elder Brain, you mean? It'd probably sense them trying to do so from a mile away and vaporize them with its epic psionic powers. :P

Skaven
2009-11-18, 05:12 PM
Ok, I know its a joke thread but..

LoM states that they can eat and drink other things than brains and require them for normal nutrients, the living brain just gives them the mental power they cannot otherwise produce themselves. They also enjoy the thoughts and feelings in living brains, so don't take the other available sources of mental energy that are open to them (such as absorbing latent psionic mental energy through psionics).

Anyway, I'm pretty sure they can drink alcohol if they want to.

kladams707
2009-11-18, 05:19 PM
I can just imagine them getting wasted and being all "Dude...it's like I can read your mind!"

Shademan
2009-11-18, 05:37 PM
Ok, I know its a joke thread but..

LoM states that they can eat and drink other things than brains and require them for normal nutrients, the living brain just gives them the mental power they cannot otherwise produce themselves. They also enjoy the thoughts and feelings in living brains, so don't take the other available sources of mental energy that are open to them (such as absorbing latent psionic mental energy through psionics).

Anyway, I'm pretty sure they can drink alcohol if they want to.

Don't bring logic into this! because aaaall weee want to dooo is EAT YOUR BRAAAAINS

sofawall
2009-11-18, 05:59 PM
Don't bring logic into this! because aaaall weee want to dooo is EAT YOUR BRAAAAINS

No one's gonna eat your eyes.

Shademan
2009-11-18, 06:01 PM
No one's gonna eat your eyes.

I mean, we're not unreasonable, right?

Ahab
2009-11-18, 06:02 PM
Drink alcohol.

Dexteros
2009-11-18, 06:04 PM
We’re at an impasse here; maybe we should compromise!

Jergmo
2009-11-18, 06:21 PM
Heya Bob it's K'thilquix, from the office down the hall...

Edit: What about feeding on a Phthisic? Aren't they beings pretty much incarnate of psionic energy? It used to be their favorite food source.

Vizzerdrix
2009-11-18, 08:04 PM

MM5 has a picture of this. One jacked MF, holding the MF meal remains. yummy.