PDA

View Full Version : Hunt for the Orbs of Dragon Kind

tynger1234
2009-11-18, 04:22 PM
This story begins in the old world of Greyhawk, this story is not of the heroes triumph over a repressive villain in troubling times. It is the story of the villians, that made it so heroes would have to be called to arms.

Derek,Leonin,Urgock,Charles
You are all asleep, but the same message comes to all of you from a soft woman's voice. She is asking you for a task of dirte imort to her."My follower, you have been chosen by me for your skills. Your destiny is my task I give to you now, The long lost orbs of the dragon kind must now be found." You quickly begin to relize that this mysterious voice in your head is nothing other than the dragon queen Tiamat. You quickly accept the task."These orbs where the reason that me and my children had lost the dragon campaign thousands of years ago, they must be destroyed so no other mortal can gain control over them. With this act I will be able to assert my dominance over Bahamut in our long conflict." You ask her where you must begin your journey to complete her quest." In the forgotten city, in the heart of the sea of dust." As Tiamat says those words, instantly you see the land passing before your eyes. From your home she is giving directions to a place in the middle of a desert. When the world stops moving past your eyes you see a large body of a mummified dragon. In the dragons mouth you a cavern leading down."The sands of time have revealed the last battle of the dragon campaign, in the caverns beneath you will find the knowledge needed to find the orbs. Good luck mortal." After she says those words you wake up with a jolt, and you are now sleeping inside of a small cave alone, you can see the light of day peeking out of the entrance of the cave.

Svern, Sazuku
You are living in the same cave system under a large ruin in the sea of dust. There are also many other tribes living under ground with you aswell. During the next night after you fall asleep you both receive the same dream. "Svern/Sakuzu, I need you." The voice you hear is from a soft female voice. "The Orbs of Dragon Kind must be found and destroyed, To complete this you must travel through the sea of dust to the forgotten city." You recogniize this woman as Tiamat, the Dragon queen. "With the destruction of these orbs, no mortal or god will be able to create a new set. With the orbs destroyed my children will have their full power in the new dragon wars that will ensue." You ask her how you complete her task, She responds with this answer. "You and four others that I have sent to you will travel to the forgotten city." When she says your destination you see the body of a mummified dragon, that both of you recognize as the final battlegrounds of the last dragon war." You will recognize your companians by the symbol I will leave by where they are sleeping. Good luck." The last image you see after you wake up is the holy symbol for Tiamat made of blood red lines on a black field.

What is everyone doing?

Yukitsu
2009-11-18, 04:46 PM
"Hmph. What a dreary place to bring me, though excitement awaits. How kind of the madam dragon to allow me a few luxuries from home at least."

Stretching, Leonin walks bundles up his posessions, and walks to the mouth of the cave, casting protection from good, and phantom steed. He'll start riding off.

"Well, destiny awaits I suppose."

Altaria87
2009-11-19, 11:44 AM
After an hour's meditation to gian his spells (listed on the Sheet) Urgock looks around the cave and says gruffly
"Nothing to see here. Best be moving along."
Urgock then steps out of the cave and surveys his surroundings.

BenTheJester
2009-11-19, 12:16 PM
Ssvern didn't normally like being disturbed in his sleep, but a message from his Queen was always refreshing. For all the services he had done for her up to now, he had to be close to be eligible for his transformation into a Dragonborn of Tiamat.

After hearing the message, from his goddess, he stood up and started heading towards the exit. On his way out he buffed himself with his usual abilities. First, he waved his hand over his eyes, allowing himself to see the unseens, then, his usual environmental protection was applied. He stepped out in the desert to see the conforting sun.

He sat in the desert, doing his daily Searching for the Dragon ritual, meditation period common to many kobolds. 15 minutes later, he stood up, looked at the sky and breath a massive line of fire upwards. He was ready to take on another day.

"Now let's find these guys I'm supposed to work with..."

Trodon
2009-11-19, 08:24 PM
Darek stands up. " 'In the caverns beneath me.' Could she mean these caverns?" as he says this he goes deeper into the caves.

Corporate M
2009-11-19, 11:37 PM
Sazuku scratches his head. Thinking more then likely the others will have this same symbol at the edge of their bed. But how would he know that? He's not one of them booboo crybaby wizards who sits around a crystal ball all day to watch his team-mates sleep... Kind of creepy when he thinks about it...

But Sazuku will not ignore Tiamat's request! As a giant kobold, there is no one more befitting of such a journey!

Sazuku wastes no time. But wonders how he's going to find his chosen team-mates. He then wakes up other kobold and starts talking about his vision to anyone who will listen. Snooping around their bed for a bloody symbol like the one on his bedsheet. So basically he's walking around in the middle of the night with a bloody bedsheet making incoherent ramblings about Tiamat choosing him for this special quest.