PDA

View Full Version : Adventures in Eberron. IC

Scow2
2009-11-18, 07:44 PM
The majestic airship soared through the air thousands of miles above the Talenta Plains, standing out against and scattering the small packs of native Glidewings for miles around, though a few of the more inquisitve flying dinosaurs flew within a few feet of the marvel of Lyrandar engineering to inspect it.

Aboard the ship were three distinct groups of passengers in addition to the crew: A heroic undergrad expedition from Morgrave University, a trio of Warforged to increase the excavation's labor force, and a Minstrel Quartet, led by a Bard, providing entertainment for the ship, and eventually, the Q'Barran site.

At the moment, the expedition was on the top of the deck, listening to the generically-attractive half-elven Tour Guidess, one of the minstrels, with varying degrees of attention, as she rambled on about modestly-interesting facts about the Talenta Plains below, which, despite the height, was still an impressive view.

Far below the ship, the small figures of roving Halfling nomads could be seen at great distances, along with what could only be described as the incredible flora and fauna of the Talenta plains... Huge trees, endless golden grass fields, and enormous Dinosaurs, from the relatively docile Fastieth, to the terrible Swordtooth Titan, to the incredibly massive Thunderherders. In addition to the Glidewings in the air with the ships.

During the trip, the bard set the theme with some quite fitting music (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7HZDzfQpsU), using his magic to augment the instrumentation.

CockroachTeaParty
2009-11-18, 07:54 PM
Selharath

Black hair flowing in the wind, Selharath cracked a genuine smile. He stood at the front of the airship, letting the view and exhilaration of flight overwhelm his senses. He was used to grand views; living in the upper wards of Sharn, even humble Upper Dura, lent one to constant spectacular displays of natural (and unnatural) beauty. But the Talenta Plains had an openness to them lacking in the City of Towers. The sense of freedom, of untamed, wild majesty, was palpable. It was almost enough to banish the thought of the danger lurking in mystery-cloaked Q'Barra from his mind. Almost.

hoosier
2009-11-18, 09:16 PM
Orus Marne

"Amazing view!

The gnome had probably said this half a hundred times already, but it wouldn't be the last. Orus had bothered the pilot for half an hour after the ship had taken off to learn all he could of how the elemental binding worked, and how the ship ran, and so forth, then he had started sightseeing.

Now he was standing on a box near the front of the ship, just barely able to peak his head over the railing, and he watched the obscure shapes far below.

Demons_eye
2009-11-18, 09:39 PM
Scarab

Scarab watched the cloud's pass by in a board manor the cool wind momentarily shorting out his changling power. After he took back his normal dark haired brown eye form he lend over the rail and stared down. He had herd tall's from his masters about masters of the material arts doing very mind numbing things and his favorite on the list was a tall of a very old man that would bet his life saying on begin able to jump from a airship and survive. He wanted to learn that trick so bad he could taste it but sadly he did not have the time to learn it before his exile from his family. He almost jumped right there and then but some thing stoped him from doing it so instead of paining himself with his dream he went to find some one to play with.

He took the appearance of an old human man and sat down near other people telling them random stories of his nonexistent youth and laughed when they left.

TheDarkDM
2009-11-18, 10:12 PM
Dumitru

Leaning against the railing of the ship, Dumitru stares into the horizon. Wrapped in a thick grey coat with fur at the collar and cuffs, his wavy black hair reaching down to his shoulders, he looks the classic Karrnathi noble. Reaching into a deep pocket, Dumitru pulls out an ebony pipe and tobacco pouch, filling the bowl and lighting the dark green leaf. Clasping the pipe in his teeth, Dumtiru strokes his trimmed goatee before returning his attention to the deck of the airship. He smiles slightly at the awestruck Gnome and Kalashtar, almost regretting his prior travels and his acclamation to airships.

Evil the Cat
2009-11-19, 02:17 AM
Oooooohhh

Arianna stares enraptured at the dinosaurs flying near the ship, her hair, unnoticed, swings wildly in the strong winds found up here. While she has spent much of the airship ride excitedly staring out at anything that can even vaguely be considered scenery, the glidewings have managed to catch her undivided attention. Occasionally she licks her lips, revealing tiny fangs. You get a sense that some part of her wants to actually attempt to leap upon one of the passing glidewings.

Scow2
2009-11-19, 12:07 PM
"Impressive as always," The captain of the ship said to Selharath and the dust-jacketed Warforged next to him. "Ever since I piloted my first airship three years ago, the Talenta Plains are always an incredible site." It seemed even the warforged next to him was caught up in the moment, as it peered across the almost endless plains.

------------

"If you look to the left, you can see the House Orien Lightning Rail, which leads to Gatherhold, which you can see in the distance." the half-elf Minstrel pointed out to Arriana, Dumitru, Orus Marn, and another of the Warforged Laborers. Indeed, the thin line of magical Conductor Stones could be made out far beneath them, with one of the famous devices heading toward the town in the distance, the arcane sparks visible even from the incredible height of the ship. "Remember, Arriana, that the Glidewings can be viscious and territorial, even though they only prey on fish and small game," the guide said, noting the Shifter's legs tense in hopeful anticipation of a jump onto one of the beasts below. "Also, distance is deceptive at this height.

----------------

At one of the tables on the deck, Scarab was conversing with and showing off his natural ability to a few of the Crewmembers on break and the third Warforged. "But, you're only twenty-six? How could you have lived through the early years of the Last War? And what'd you do to your skin?" the warforged asked, failing to understand the reason for the apparent age shift and fake stories.

One of the crewmembers, an Elf, didn't even bother with helping the warforged understand the improv entertainment. "Your memory must be failing, old coot... Warforged weren't around in 949... and wouldn't for another twenty years," he said, playing along before fully dropping 'out of character', "If you want to successfully pull off playing someone older than you are, make sure you have the history right."

CockroachTeaParty
2009-11-19, 03:52 PM
Selharath nods at the captain's comments.
"It is hard to believe that this technology is still so new. One wonders why anyone would bother to travel any other way? Travel by airship is much safer than by seafaring vessel, too, I would wager. Of course, I might be eating my own words should the weather take a turn for the worse."
The kalashtar briefly glanced down to check that his Safewing Emblem was securely fastened to his drab brown cloak.

Evil the Cat
2009-11-19, 06:00 PM
Arianna

At the minstrel's words, Arianna gets a sad, almost pouty look for a few moments before turning and looks at the minstrel.

I know.... "Wild animals are not pets. They are dangerous, and not allowed in the dorms. This goes double for owlbears.", she says in an absolutely terrible imitation of one of her professors

I don't see what the big deal was, it was only a cub, it wouldn't have hurt anybody.

Speaking softly to herself, she heads to the front of the ship to get a better view.

hoosier
2009-11-19, 11:43 PM
Orus looks over to laugh at the shifter wildly.

He hops down from his crate and hops over to her side.

"I heard that in Professor Alabasion's Monstrous Zoology 410 you have to raise a manticore from an egg! Who are they to stop your little extra-curricular project? Observing the growth and devolpment of an owlbear in a totally unnatural and uncontrolled habitat like Sharn...now thats some applied arcana!"

Evil the Cat
2009-11-19, 11:52 PM
Arianna

Yeah! Seriously, it was a friendly owlbear anyways. Everybody just hears "bear" and assumes they're all mean and angry and stuff. I'll bet he would have grown up all nice and friendly with proper attention!

* She smiles happily at Orus.

Too bad there's no way to get a pet glidewing. The owlbear cub just took a little bit of luring with a fishing pole and a steak while it's mother was asleep. I don't know how to lure one of those. You think glidewings like steak?

hoosier
2009-11-20, 01:56 AM
"Hate to break it to you, but the owl is bred into the bear to INCREASE the fierceness!"

He laughs again, and looks over at the glidewings flying beside the airship.
"I wonder...."

Orus stands still, mutters some spell, and begins a strange ritual; the gnome begins slowly waving his arms in a motion that imitates the glidewings, and he begins to mirror the cries of the pterodons with a screeching yet steady incantation.

Orus is going to try to cast Hypnotism on any of the glidewings that are really close to the ship. Will Save DC 14 negates. This is just for fun, Orus wants to try to draw one (or more) of the dinosaurs over to the deck of the ship, for closer inspection on his own behalf, and because he's always looking to make friends! :smallsmile:

TheDarkDM
2009-11-20, 05:23 AM
Watching Orus cast his spell, Dumitru pushes himself away from the rail and strides towards the halfling. Taking his pipe in one hand and Orus' shoulder with another, he whispers in a faintly Karrnathi accent:

My friend, while I am in favor of scientific endeavor, hypnotizing some of these beasts may result in the rest becoming hostile. I doubt our captain would take kindly to being attacked while midair.

A slight twinkle rising in his eye, Dumitru winks at Orus and Arianna as his mouth twists into a mischievous smile.

That is not to say we should abandon our examination of these creatures. I'm sure once we land there are all manner of reasons to seek out a Glidewing nest.

Sanguine
2009-11-20, 02:51 PM
Zane d'Cannith

Zane walked along the edge of the ship staring over. Amazing thing this airship, I've got to make one, one of these days. Walking along he soon came upon the group examining the Glidewings. I would have to agree with your Karrnathi friend there, hypnotizing one would not be a good idea."

Scow2
2009-11-20, 04:24 PM
The glidewing targeted by Orus came over, flapping a few feet, "speaking" and flapping in sync with the Gnome. Up close, it was a lot less magnificent and a lot more Ugly, with sparse, vestigal feathers, and its warty, scaly skin. Unfortunately for it, the spell made it forget about flight physics, and it only maintained altitude for a few moments before suddenly stalling and falling out of the sky, plummeting hundreds of feet before righting iteself and forgetting about the hypnotism.

The half-elf serving as the tour guide stared in shock at the entire turn of events, starting with the conversation about Arriana trying to raise an Owlbear cub in the Morgrave Dorms. She tried to speak, but was left quite literally speechless.

At the front of the ship, the captain answered Selharath's amazed queries. "The cost, for one... Fortunately for you, Morgrave is covering the cost of this expedition... otherwise you'd be almost doubling your student fees," The captain answered, before encountering an unpleasant suprise

I'm bored with the scene... Everyone make a spot check either here or the OOC. If you beat a 15, roll initiative on the other thread.

Evil the Cat
2009-11-20, 05:42 PM
* Arianna gets a delighted look as the glidewing flies in close, then suddenly a horrified look as it plummets. After it rights itself, she breathes a sigh of relief.

I guess they can't hover very well. Come on Anyang! You can do it! she cheers to the glidewing.

I did so bad on that spot check, I'll just assume she's completely distracted by watching the glidewing.

hoosier
2009-11-20, 11:19 PM
Orus chuckles yet again as he watches the glider's hilarious aerial failure,

"Heh. See, no harm..."

Orus trails off as he spots something.

I assume he spots it with that 22. :smallsmile:

Scow2
2009-11-21, 09:43 AM
On the prow
The Kalashatar Swordsage Selharath caught a subtle motion from the Warforged "Laborer", quickly identifying it as drawing a Wakizashi from a hidden compartment behind it's robe. From it's stance and poise, the target was the Captain, oblivious to the danger as he was still caught up in the sight of the flight.

Cockroach goes, then this guy again, then the suprise round ends

On deck
Orus managed to catch sight of the Warforged 'Laborer' on deck draw a number of Shurikens from khyber-knows-where on his body, but before he could react, the Warforged Ninja launched the trio of small pointy objects at the First Mate, who had been innocently inspecting the deck

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]+[roll2]

The ship and its crew was under attack by Pirate Ninja Robots!

CockroachTeaParty
2009-11-21, 01:30 PM
Selharath

Thanks to the vigil he never quite drops, Selharath notices the warforged drawing a weapon before his target does. Quickly, he puts himself between the assassin and the captain, reaching out to grab the warforged...

If Selharath is not within melee range of the warforged, he will shout a warning to the captain and get between him and the assassin.
If Selharath is in melee range, then it's maneuver time!
Initiating Mighty Throw:
Melee touch attack: [roll0]
Opposed Dex or Str check: [roll1] >With the action point, that's a 19.
If he's successful, Selharath will throw the warforged 10 ft., ideally off the airship.

hoosier
2009-11-21, 02:22 PM
Orus gasps. He extends his arm and points his finger at the treacherous warforged and a beam of confusing, even nauseating colors issues from the palm of his hand. The ninja is enveloped in a cone of colors, every hue and shade imaginable flashing and dancing.

Orus casts Color Spray, DC 14 Will negates.

Sanguine
2009-11-21, 02:24 PM
Zane fascinated by the unusual effect of the spell on the Glidewing remains completely oblivious to the sudden violence.

Scow2
2009-11-21, 09:52 PM
After being hurled by the Kalashtar, the Warforged deftly caught on to the ship's rail, swinging back onto the deck with too-ninja reflexes. However, it's 'dust coat' flipped off dramatically and drifted down to earth, revealing a bright red plate on the Warforged's arm, depicting a black pinwheel of four sharply-curved blades against a white circular backgroud as it gripped it's wakizashi in two arms. Never losing it's target, it lunged at the Captain, attempting to disembowl him with the blade.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] + [roll2]

AC 11

On the lower deck, the first mate crumpled, still conscious and struggling to breath after being impaled by the three shurikens.

Everyone becomes aware of the situation, and ready to act.

The third Ninja Pirate Nazi Robot Warforged 'laborer' is nowhere to be seen...

CockroachTeaParty
2009-11-22, 12:42 AM
Selharath
The kalashtar curses at the assassin's incredible reflexes. Truly, this was a worthy foe. Having left his quarterstaff below deck, he draws his trusty short sword with his left hand, concentrating on the weak points in the warforged's composite plating. As he plunges the blade towards his target, Selharath twists the sword at just the right speed and angle to cause it to burst into flames...

Move action: draw short sword.
Swift action: initiate Burning Blade, adding [roll0] fire damage to all attacks this round.
Standard action: initiate Sapphire Nightmare Blade, expending psionic focus to take 15 on the Concentration check: result, 21.
If that value beats the assassin's AC, the next attack will be against his flat-footed armor class, and deal an extra [roll1] damage.
Attack: [roll2] > with the action point, that brings it up to 10. :smallsigh:
Damage: [roll3]

Scow2
2009-11-22, 01:03 AM
With a mechanical gasp, the would-be Ninja Assassin crumpled to the ground, disabled and inert. The momentum of the casual rocking of the ship caused the body to slide under the guardrails, falling to the ground. It's safewing Emblem was lost with the cloak, so there was no chance of survival for the ninja from the fall...

CockroachTeaParty
2009-11-22, 01:19 AM
As Selharath withdrew his blade, still smoking from the supernatural flames, he closed his eyes and offered a small prayer for the soon-to-be dead warforged's soul. May my worthy foe's nightmare finally end, and upon its new waking, turn toward the Light. I take this life with a heavy heart, and pray that I do not linger in the Shadow.

Evil the Cat
2009-11-22, 01:28 AM
Arianna

Quickly recovering from her shock, Arianna begins growling, to herself, yet loud enough to be clearly heard. Her teeth grow long and sharp, her fangs becoming more visible. Claws sprout from her fingers and she viciously attacks the assassin assaulting the first mate.

Activate Shifting (Free)
5' Step (one square to the right)
Claw/Claw/ and a Bite if its still standing.

Claw #1[roll0] +6(AP)
Damage:[roll1]
Claw #2[roll2]
Damage:[roll3]
Bite[roll4]
Damage:[roll5](+1 Con Damage)

Scow2
2009-11-22, 02:19 PM
As Arriana lunged at it, the Warforged drew and threw another trio of Shurikens at Orus, not wanting to be hit by a more serious, harder to resist spell.

After getting the shurikens off, he stepped into melee with the party, drawing his own Wakizashi as he did so, to meet an angry shifter head-on. Her claws dug into the organic materials of his construction, rending him and weakening the magic holding him together. However, he managed to interpose the Wakizashi between her jaws and his neck, sparing further damage.

Attack @ Orus: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

hoosier
2009-11-23, 04:45 PM
Orus ducks as a shuriken sails over his head and gets a big of a grim look on his face (rather comical on the goofy gnome). He points his hand at the warforged and says yet another incantation, sending a glowing blue and purple missile of force flying forth.

The damage from the magic missile I rolled in OOC was 5 (max damage!).

Scow2
2009-11-23, 05:01 PM
As soon as the bolt struck the ninja Warforged, it collapsed to the ground, disabled, inert, and reduced to a smoking husk.

There was still no sign of the third Warforged.

Everyone make listen checks

CockroachTeaParty
2009-11-23, 05:53 PM
Selharath moves up to the captain. "Are you injured?"
He keeps his ears open, still alert for any more danger, keeping his short sword drawn.
Listen: [roll0]

hoosier
2009-11-23, 06:21 PM
Orus sighs in relief as the robot ninja goes down hard. Then he spots the bleeding first mate, laid out on the deck. He rushes over and looks at the places where shurikens had been stuck in his chest, until he pulled them out before losing the strength to act.

The gnome tears some cloth from the sailor's shirt, and tries to stop the bleeding.

Untrained Heal check (I think you can do that...) [roll0]
My spot was a 10.

Evil the Cat
2009-11-23, 07:23 PM
Arianna

Still in her feral state, Arianna begins looking around, even sniffing the air a bit.

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

I don't have scent for quite a few levels, but it still fits thematically :smallsmile:

Edit: Wow, bad rolls.

TheDarkDM
2009-11-23, 09:51 PM
Seeing the last of the Warforged go down, Dumitru turns his attention to the seemingly deserted deck. Trying to block out the whisper of the wind and the hum of the airship, he searches for the remaining assassin.

Listen Check: [roll0]

Sanguine
2009-11-24, 10:29 AM
Zane d'Cannith

Watching the assassin go down a thought occurs to Zane. Weren't there three of them before the attack? Realizing this he scans the ship for any sign of the third construct.

Spot:[roll0]
Listen:[roll1]

Scow2
2009-11-24, 04:06 PM
While the third construct remained nowhere to be seen, the ever-alert Kalashatar managed to hear an unnatural sound comming from the starboard pylon binding the Elemental to the airship.

Orus manages to staunch the bleeding, but it would be a while before the first mate would be in any condition to move under his own power.

CockroachTeaParty
2009-11-24, 05:30 PM
As the sound registers in the kalashtar's sensitive ears, fear jolts up his spine.
"The ship! Something's happening to the dragonshard binding the elemental to the ship! Quick, it sounds like something's wrong on the starboard side!"
Selharath runs to the side of the ship closest to the aberrant sound, peering over the railing.

Sanguine
2009-11-24, 05:45 PM
Zane hearing the Kalasthar's cry follows and peers over the side as well.

Scow2
2009-11-24, 05:58 PM
Over the side of the rail is the third Ninja Pirate Robot. With a final blow of his Wakizashi, the pylon explodes, rocking the ship violently and weakiening the bindings holding the now-pissed elemental. The ship careens to one side, rolling the disabled First mate off the deck. The force of the explosion also sent the Warforged flying, and could be felt by the two peering over the side.

Zane & Selharath are Bull Rushed.
Bull Rush: [roll0]

Everyone, including the Aforementioned, make a DC 15 Balance Check or fall prone and roll 5 ft toward edge. If that would knock you off, make DC 11 Reflex save to catch on... Or let yourself fall

CockroachTeaParty
2009-11-24, 08:57 PM
Selharath grasps his Safewing Emblem for dear life as the airship is rocked by the warforged's sabotage...

Oh snap!
Strength Check vs. Bull Rush: [roll0]
Balance Check: [roll1]
Reflex Save (if need be): [roll2]

hoosier
2009-11-24, 10:26 PM
The floor moves, but Orus Marne moves with it.

Almost like some tiny, trained acrobat, the gnome leans to keep balance, and then hops up suddenly as a large box goes sliding at him and past over the side.

With his landing he allows himself to slid on his soft-slippered feet to the railing, which he now grips for dear life.

"I don't know much about airships," the gnome cries, exasperated, "but I think this one may be in trouble!"

Evil the Cat
2009-11-25, 02:39 AM
Arianna

In her animalistic state, Arianna moves almost like a tiger, seemingly unaffected by the rocking.

Taking 10 on balance for a 19

TheDarkDM
2009-11-25, 06:06 AM
Rocked off his feet by the sudden explosion, Dumitru grabs desperately for the railing of the airship. However, weighed down by his armor, he is unable to find purchase on the varnished wood. With a brief gasp, he tumbles over the edge into the cloudy void.

Sanguine
2009-11-25, 02:03 PM
Feeling the ship slipping out from under him grabs his Safewing Emblem and prays to every god he knows of that he doesn't need it.

Str Check:[roll0]
Balance Check:[roll1]
Reflex(That I hopefully don't need:[roll2]

Scow2
2009-11-27, 04:39 PM
As the ship rocked under the arcane backlash, most people miraculously stayed standing. However, in addition to the crippled First Mate and unfortunate Artificer, the Half-elven 'bard' also was forced to take the plunge over the rails, albeit slightly more gracefully than most as the three's Safewing Emblems opened out.

Once the ship settled out again, the three remaining bards came out on deck, did a short song and dance number, then leapt off the 'sinking' ship.

"So long ladies and gentlemen,
We hope you like'd our show!
We know you're rooting for us,
But now it's time to go!""

The Third Warforged was disintegrated by the blast.

The captain stood on deck, shouting out incomprehensible orders, which were apparently carried out by the remaining crew... one of said orders being "Abandon Ship!"

The elemental bindings continued to weaken as the fire elemental struggled to escape its fractured restraints, continuing to rock the slowly descending ship.

Everyone either jump off, or continue to make balance saves to avoid falling prone and rolling off.

There is nothing to gain by staying on... except lost.

Evil the Cat
2009-11-28, 03:42 AM
With the order to abandon ship being issued, I'll wait until a good number are also leaving, in order to better remain close together upon landing.

CockroachTeaParty
2009-11-28, 01:12 PM
Selharath takes a deep breath and closes his eyes before leaping from the railing, going into free-fall. As the wind whistles past his ears, he opens his eyes to view the swiftly approaching ground below. He grips his Safewing Emblem, hoping that he can activate it at the right moment...

hoosier
2009-11-28, 01:37 PM
Seeing some of his party ejected from the airship by the tumultuous explosions and others even jumping to abandon the dead-in-the-air hulk, Orus pulls himself up and prepares to take the plunge himself.

"Catchy toon," the gnome says as he slides under the railing, swinging by him arms, and lets go.

Sanguine
2009-11-28, 08:49 PM
Zane seeing the damage to the elemental binding jumps off the railing of the ship opening his Safewing Emblem as he descended.

Evil the Cat
2009-11-29, 02:16 AM
Arianna

When everyone else is leaping off, I will as well. I'll try to aim for a central location to the rest of the group before activating the emblem.

Scow2
2009-11-29, 02:53 PM
As the last person abandoned the ship, the Fire Elemental overcame its restraints and returned to its home plane in a dramatic blaze, the ship exploding in a ball of fire from the arcane backlash.

While the still-sparking debris falls from the sky, everybody's safewing emblems activate almost simultaneously. Miraculously, aside from the Warforged, everybody survived. Figuring they would be falling for about an hour, considering their height and the speed of the Safewing Emblem, the members of the Falling Bardic troup pull out their instruments and give an impromptu performance... This could take a while...

CockroachTeaParty
2009-12-01, 04:02 PM
As Selharath gently floats downwards, and after the initial shock of the attack and sabotage pass, he finds himself strangely at peace. The view is even more beautiful without the airship blocking it. He was deeply saddened to see the vessel destroyed; such beauty and artifice wasted, and for what? Senseless violence? The assassins hadn't even really succeeded in their mission, whatever it was: the captain was still alive, at any rate.
The prospect of landing in the dinosaur-laden fields below was mildly disconcerting. Hopefully they would land near herbivores, ideally without young to defend...

Sanguine
2009-12-02, 01:50 PM
Floating down on the winds Zane contemplates what happens while the bards play there gods-awful music. They destroyed the ship but why? They would have been better off to poison the captain and first mate if that's what they were after, or kill them in there sleep. It's almost like the ship was there target but that's ridiculous. Well anyway I hope we land near a House Ghallanda outpost.

TheDarkDM
2009-12-09, 01:17 AM
Plummeting towards the ground, Dumitru has a moment to wallow in shame before his Safewing emblem activates, swiftly arresting his descent. Looking up, his eyes open wide in horror as the binding ring explodes, sending the airship plummeting. For a moment, he searches the skies, desperately looking for survivors, until he notices the specks of falling passengers above him. At the sight that at least some have survived, Dumitru breathes a sigh of relief, and turns his attention towards the increasingly prominent ground.

Evil the Cat
2009-12-09, 01:41 AM
Arianna

Oooh... pretty...

Arianna looks around as she gently floats down, fascinated by all the neat things below her.