PDA

View Full Version : Spell List for a Drangonscale Sorcerer/Shadowcaster/Noctumancer

Snow
2009-11-18, 08:42 PM
I ask a few days ago help to create a build, I got a lot of suggestions and kept on reading books, and the final build change completely from what I originally wanted, but I like it. It's not the sluagh I want to roleplay but I'm getting attached to this character, and I have already written a nice background.

But I need help to choose the list of spells.

For your help

It's a sorcerer 1, shadow caster 3, noctumancer 4 character

So ECL sorcerer: 5 ECL shadowcaster 7

Feats that I will select:

Precocious Apprentice
Enlarge Mystery
Empower Mystery
Maximize Mystery
Quicken Mystery
Maximize Mystery
Empower Mystery

Thanks in advance.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-11-18, 08:44 PM
Oh... oh... oh... just... let me think on that...

Snow
2009-11-18, 09:19 PM
So far I have though of this mysteries:

ebon whispers
Voice of shadow 3/day (Will DC 21) command
Congress of Shadows 3/day
Flicker 3/day instant telleport

eyes of darkness
Bend Perspective 3/day
Piercing Sight 3/day ver invisibles
Killing Shadows 3/day (Will DC 23) 7d8 hw

cloak of shadows
Steel Shadows +3ar +3shd
Sight Eclipsed esconderse
Sharp Shadows

Umbral Mind
Mesmerizing Shade
Thoughts of Shadow +4 enhacement int, wis or cha
Afraid of the Dark le baja wizdom, lindo

But haven't decided at all on the sorcerer spells. I have to think at least upto level 3 of the sorcerer spells.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-11-18, 09:54 PM
Shadowcaster is rather weak, you realize?

peacenlove
2009-11-19, 02:46 AM
This (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128193) thread will help you since a similar question has been asked recently.

Short Answer: Do not select metashadow feats. Use metashadow rods instead.
Since nocturmancer is a good counter-caster, dispel magic is always a good choice. This (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19871358/Short_Sorcerer_Handbook) guide will help you for your sorcerer side.

Snow
2009-11-19, 05:30 PM
Yes I know shadowcaster is weak comparing it to other casters, but I like the background.

So you sugest no metashadow feats (remember I'm a level 8 character, I start with little money buying rods is too expensive).

What about familiar feats. Like Dark familiar it will stack with all my spellcasting, so it will be a familiar for an ECL 8.