PDA

View Full Version : PS3 internet failing

Icewalker
2009-11-18, 10:11 PM
I am trying once again to get the internet to work on my PS3. It worked for a little while after I got it, and hooked up to the store, made my account, downloaded a few demos, etc etc, but it hasn't been working for quite a while. It's not detecting the wireless (the wireless which I am currently writing this from, in the same room). Just a few minutes ago, I looked at the status of the internet, it suddenly detected the wireless, hooked up to it, went to 100% signal strength, and I went and hit the test wireless connection thing. It got through Obtain IP Address, which it was failing on before, and proceeded to fail at the second one, Internet Connection.

We had a range expander halfway through the house (the signal is present here, but weak) but it didn't seem to do much, may've been location. It broke down a little while ago and I am in the process of setting up the new one we got this time here in the room with the PS3 (on the other side of the house from the router and all else).

It's the 40 GB if that's any help.

(This could go in gaming, but I figured that as it's a tech question and not specifically related to gaming it would be alright here.)

MCerberus
2009-11-18, 11:00 PM
My first thought on the subject: what are your NAT settings? If you're using a Netgear, they're a bit finicky regarding consoles.

I had a similar problem with my xbox a router ago. Try cycling the modem and router, and making sure everything's plugged in when you bring the power back up.

Icewalker
2009-11-18, 11:32 PM
Well, in our attempts to get the wireless range expander working, we basically went through this (http://www.xkcd.com/349/), up to the point of our wireless failing, our modem failing, and then getting a BSoD on the computer. We've just now managed to get everything working as it is supposed to normally, and we are now beginning the attempts on the range expander again...

ALRIGHT, we've managed to get the expander working, and I THINK we've fixed the problem. :smallbiggrin: