PDA

View Full Version : Spell Selection for a Pathfinder Bard..

Drekk
2009-11-18, 10:25 PM
Simple question, really...

I'm entering a new game as an 8th level Bard in a party with a Fighter/Psy Warrior, a Ranger, a Rogue, a Cleric, and a Wizard. All bases covered, effectively. I'm just looking for a critique of my spell selection, because I've only played a bard once before and it was the second character I ever made in D&D, so yea...A long time ago! :smallbiggrin:

We're using the Pathfinder Rules, however any 3.5 material that's backwards compatable is available. The character is melee-focused, but not to the point of, say, TWF+Dragonfire Inspiration-SFWardance tactics. He's going to be either human, or half-elf, if it matters. Str: 18, Dex 16 Con 16 Int 14 Wis 14 Cha 20 (all before items - Belt of Str +2, Cloak of Cha +2 as well)

1st: Improvisation(SpC), Grease, Disguise Self, Silent Image, Inspirational Boost (SpC)
- Joyful Noise (SpC)/Armor Lock(CS)/Scholar’s Touch(RoD) (decide which or recommend better!)

2nd: Bladeweave (SpC), Silence, Heroism, Invisibility
- Glitterdust, Whirling Blade (SpC)

3rd: Good Hope/Haste (decide which or recommend better!), Slow, Charm Monster
– Phantom Steed, Love’s Lament (SpC)/Confusion, Puppeteer (SpC)

-------------Max Level Known at 8th---------------

4th: Freedom of Movement, Cure Critical Wounds
- Greater Invisibility/Greater Mirror Image

5th: Greater Dispel Magic, Shadow Evocation

6th: Snowsong, Irresistable Dance

Spells with a - are spells I intend to pick up later and do not yet know. The higher level stuff is pretty much open to suggestions. Thanks for any comments! :smallwink: