PDA

View Full Version : Being a persistant fool

Accountant
2009-11-19, 12:14 AM
I'm making a DMM cleric, and I want to know what the best spells to persist are. The best ones! Give me the rancid scent of gouda. 10th level characters, so mostly suggest spells with spell level 5th or lower.

And what are good ways to get more Turns/day, besides the extra turning feat?

And any other suggestions about anything would be great.

jokey665
2009-11-19, 12:16 AM
Divine Power (4th)
Righteous Might (5th)

More turn attempts from Nightsticks (Libris Mortis, 7500gp IIRC)

Accountant
2009-11-19, 12:21 AM
Is there a cap on the number of nightsticks one can hold?

Godskook
2009-11-19, 12:25 AM

Iirc, strictly RAW, there isn't, but often for balance, I hear cited that they don't stack under the 'same bonus, same source' stacking rules. Check with your DM to be certain.

jokey665
2009-11-19, 12:27 AM
Even with one nightstick, a decent cha and maybe extra turning once, you can get both divine power and righteous might up each day.

tyckspoon
2009-11-19, 12:28 AM

Of course, you can hold as many as you have hands. :smalltongue:

Serious answer: The wording of the Nightsticks does not suggest a limit, nor does it require you to hold or wield the item as metamagic rods do; they just have to be in your possession, so you can have your Haversack stuffed full of nothing but Nightsticks and they'll all work.

Temet Nosce
2009-11-19, 12:32 AM
Remember to persist both Spikes and Brambles (most of the spells stack, although one piece in an enhancement). It's been a while since I looked this stuff up, I'll try to find one my old lists later.

tyckspoon
2009-11-19, 12:53 AM
In the Core spells, you can Persist:
Personal-
Divine Favor
Divine Power
Righteous Might (otherwise known as the LolFighter suite- it's hard to compete with the raw stat numbers you get here.)
Entropic Shield
Invisibility Purge
Find Traps
Comprehend Languages

Fixed Ranges-
(10 feet)
Repel Vermin (uh..yay?)
(30 feet)
Deathwatch
(40 feet)
Prayer
(50 feet)
Bless and Bane
(60 feet)
The various Detect spells

So you can get pretty big physical bonuses for yourself, +2 to hit/+1 to almost everything for your allies, and -1 to almost everything for your enemies. Plus some miscellaneous other stuff if you want to pay for it.. I'd probably stick to Bless/Bane/Prayer and the Fighter suite.