PDA

View Full Version : Ashmoor2(IC)

Emlyn
2009-11-19, 11:40 AM
Today is an unassuming day, there is no reason to mark it as extraordinary. Yet on this day, history shall be made, for five people will be thrown together by fate. Where this will lead is anyone's guess.

Pelias is waiting for Kyra in the lobby of the brothel. This is the morning that they have decided to set out on their own and to claim there stake in life. However, other events are also transpiring...

BloodyAngel
2009-11-19, 05:37 PM
Kyra

With a playful swish of her tail, Kyra almost skipped her way downstairs from the sleeping quarters. Today was going to be a great day!

Just two days prior, she'd stumbled into an old friend, of a sort, as she left Mary's. She had not recognized him at first, but then attentiveness was never one of her strong suits. He had certainly recognized her however, and called her name. Several minutes and one explanation on who he was later, they were talking like old friends.

She told Pell... as she called him, that she'd gotten tired of the mother matron and her liberal use of the hickory stick, and had snuck out like she always did... not intended to come back. She'd only ducked into the unassuming building to escape a very angry bar patron who'd realized she lifted his purse... but that Mary's had turned into her home. At least, for the last few years. The bouncer was a good man, very protective of the girls, and tha matron Mary was a kind middle-aged woman who treated the women who worked here like daughters. She took in the poor and the homeless and gave them work, serving drinks, cooking, cleaning or providing "entertainment" for the city's wealthier men.

He hadn't a clue what she was talking about... but seemed to understand that she was a dancer now... something she'd always liked to do when she was younger. He told her that he was working for the church now, and planning to set out on some quest or another for it. She'd spaced out somewhat on the details, but when he mentioned traveling, and that he would be doing it without the other priests and priestesses, she was intrigued! Kyra boldly proclaimed that she would be coming with him, as she'd been thinking of leaving Mary's for some time. She wanted to see everything and do everything and live an exciting life of adventure and... something else she hadn't thought of yet. They agreed to meet the next day at "the bar" as he called it... and discuss it fully.

Kyra was overjoyed.. and spent the rest of the night earning herself as much of a traveling fund as she could with a skimpy outfit and a charming smile. She set out to the market to purchase herself supplies, and as she tended to... got distracted in looking around and filtching small things. She finally arrived at Mary's quite late, carrying a small bundle of things.

Pel! Hi! She exclaimed cheerfully as she stumbled in the door, Look, I got stuff!

OOC @Rettu Just a summary to get the game started quick... Send me a PM if you still want to RP their meeting out in full, I'm fully in support of that. :smallwink: Or I have AIM. E-mail is right out though... I never check mine.

@ everyone else Hello! I shall be your hyperactive Tiefling for this game. Pleased to meet you all. :smallbiggrin:

Rettu Skcollob
2009-11-19, 09:14 PM
Pelias strolled purposefully through the crowds, today, for today was the day he would leave this place, and who knows when he would return. Of course, he has woken up and said his devotions, and practically all the church was there to see him off, or give him some token to protect him during the journey. So many tokens in fact, that by the time Matron Setha presented him with the Iron Tooth of St. Barnor, he resembled more someone who had been attacked by a jewelry store and archeologists dig. He waved his goodbyes, stepped confidently over the threshold, and... Gently toppled over. A few minutes and a good deal of relics and charms less later, he left once more.

The sunlight glinted off his polished chainmail and sharp canines as he strode, occasionally greeting those who passed by with the blessings of Pelor. He thought idly of who he was going to meet, and brightened, slightly. He was glad to have found Kyra again and know she was doing well for herself, he had been worried for her safety when she left... Who knows what kind of mischief she might have been getting into? Still, she seemed to have found employment at that popular bar just a few blocks down. He would occasionally pass by and give the girls outside his greetings. They were so friendly, it really must be a nice place to visit. Still, he had other errands, so he had never found the time. A pity, really, had he given more thought to his leisure, perhaps he would have been reunited with her sooner.

By the time he arrived, it looked as if Kyra were not there yet. He spent the time conversing with a nice young woman who looked to be a dancer, much like Kyra. He idly wondered if she was cold, for the clothes she wore left little to the imagination. Said imagination kicked in, and he blushed, faintly, shaking his head of such improper fancies, continuing his conversation. "-yes, Saint Rethena was also a dancer. You bear rather a striking resemblance to her, in fact." The woman giggled, and began to invite the charming young Half-Orc upstairs, when Kyra finally arrived.

He'd become something of a fond joke to the girls at Marys. Every time he passed he would greet them as if they were the most respectable noble Ladies about, and seemed to have no idea as to what really went on inside the establishment. There was quite a schism between those who wanted to bed him and show him some of the real side of life, and those who found his naivete charming, and wished in no way to dispel it. Pelias smiled, revealing his sharp canines. "Ah, Kyra, hello! I've been waiting for you, but don't worry, this young lady has been occupying me."

Emlyn
2009-11-19, 11:25 PM
The girl smiles and waves as Kyra enters. She leaves them and returns upstairs. For some odd reason, there appears to be a small crowd gathering outside of the brothel, though they are facing the building across the street(which happens to be a warehouse).

BloodyAngel
2009-11-20, 04:18 AM
Kyra

Hey Pel! Kyra said excitedly, dropping her things and lunging in against him in a tight hug. I bought so much stuff for our trip!

She flashed him a playful smile and sat down across from him, woefully oblivious to the crowd outside. To much of everything really.

Were you talking to Evelyn? Because she really likes you. She said with a soft giggle, I could probably talk to her and you two could use the rooms upstairs.

Rettu Skcollob
2009-11-20, 04:38 AM
Pelias returned the embrace happily. "Hmm? What for?" Pelias looks acutely confused for a few moments. He notices the crowd outside, raising an eyebrow. "Is it normally this busy? There are a lot of people about."

I keep writing for him in a high register before remembering he has 8 Int : P

BloodyAngel
2009-11-20, 04:50 AM
Kyra

Kyra looked at him with a confused expression, tilting her head to the side.

This isn't busy at all. You should see it later at night when the music is playing and everyone is drinking and stuff.

Rettu Skcollob
2009-11-20, 05:09 AM
Pelias chuckles, sipping his drink. Water, of course. Alcohol corrupted the mind. Though he did not begrudge these people either kind of their spirits. "I'll have to come back one day and see how the night life really is. I get so little time to myself back with the Priests." He smiles, draining his glass and placing it back upon the counter. "But no longer, right? If you're ready, we can get going now. I feel a bit of adventurous spirit rising up in me." He laughs. "I suppose that this makes me an adventurer, of sorts, so I suppose that's for the best. Heh. Me; an adventurer."

BloodyAngel
2009-11-20, 05:16 AM
Kyra

Sure! If we don't leave soon, someone might come by and ask where I'm going. Kyra said with a bright smile. So... where are we going? For church stuff?

She got up and picked up her bag of gear... hefting it over her shoulder as she followed Pel outside.

Rettu Skcollob
2009-11-20, 05:34 AM
"Where? Why, I have no idea, of course. Perhaps Pelor will show us the way. If not, we'll go wherever the road takes us. Sound fun?" He leans on his quarterstaff, adorned with runes and charms and topped with the symbol of Pelor, as he walks. "And church stuff, yes. Healing the wounded, helping the helpless, spreading good wherever we go."

BloodyAngel
2009-11-20, 06:33 AM
Kyra

Kyra made a face at Pel as he rambled about Pelor... miming his words with the most absurd expression she could mange... at least until she ruined it by laughing.

Pelor pelor pelor... all the time. She teased him, There's other gods out there too... probably.

She paused for a second to ponder her own question, head tilted to the side as she struggled to think of the name of one. Helan? No... that wasn't right. Bill? Mercurios? Wasn't there some god of plants or something she'd read about?

After an noticably long pause, she finally spoke again, There's probably one. Bah-mut or something? She's a nice god, isn't she?

Rettu Skcollob
2009-11-20, 07:10 AM
"Bahamut? Yes, I would be honoured to have any worshipper of Bahamut by my side. Just as Pelor is a hand to those in need and a balm to those in strife, Bahamut is a shield and a sword against the forces of evil, and an enforcer of law where there is chaos. There is much friendship between our churches." Much of the words were either quoted or rote-learned, and it showed a little, though he evidently had his heart in them.

BloodyAngel
2009-11-20, 07:22 AM
Kyra

Kyra zoned out most of what he was saying, drifting off into her thoughts about where the road might take her and what crazy adventures they'd have along the way. She almost blundered directly into the crowd outside as they left Mary's... and it brought her screeching back to reality.

Huh? Why are there so many people here?

Emlyn
2009-11-20, 08:06 AM
Several dozen people are crowded into a tight group. From outside, you can't see what their attention is focused on but you can hear several people yelling. It sounds like they're insulting someone and they voices are starting to get louder.

BloodyAngel
2009-11-20, 08:34 AM
Kyra

Her curiousity peaked... Kyra will duck into the crowd and skirt her way forward, trying to see what everyone's yelling about. Pel will be momentarily forgotten, as she tries to see what the big deal is. (Unless he can keep up, that is)

Rettu Skcollob
2009-11-20, 09:15 AM
"Hey, wait for me, heh" Pelias too was curious about what was going on. A worrying though occurred, that perhaps there was a fight or a heated argument. Hopefully the symbol of Pelor on his armour and staff would be enough to quench such events before they became too heated...

Qualia
2009-11-20, 09:23 AM
Azhardian had been hurrying through the district, keen to make his appointment, when a man had stepped out in front of him. His mind focused on his destination, he had been running through various introductions, trying to work out which would be the most succesful, little realising the danger he had walked into.

He tried to step round the human, but the man continued to block his path. Self preservation snapped the gnome back into the present, and he flashed a quick look around looking for an escape route as he tried to back away, but there was another human standing right behind him. He needed to think fast, how to get out of here. He knew he needed to buy time.

"Good day sir, can I help you?"

The man repeated the phrase in a high pitched squeal, and the mocking tone left Azhardian in no doubt that this was only going to end in violence. Azhardian tried to laugh along with the men, playing the fool as he tried to work out whether this was going to be just a casual beating, or something worse. He wracked his memory to try and work out whether he knew this man. Was this a targeted attack, or just random racism?

A crowd was starting to gather, and the man was playing to the people. This was bad, less chance to get away, and more chance to turning nasty. Why hadn't he spotted this coming!?

Mr. Mud
2009-11-20, 03:54 PM
A well muscled Gensai is standing in the crowd, glaring at the humans picking on the gnome. Frigid air swirls about the hand and a half slung across his back. He puts one purple-tinted hand, on it, the yellow energy lines appearing as lightning amidst a deep purple haze. His voice is a thundering boom over the noise of the crowd. I think that's enough, he says.

Emlyn
2009-11-20, 04:34 PM
One man who was leading the insults began a smart replay until he saw who said it. He glanced nervously between the Genasi and his compatriots. Finally, he said,"Bah, this gnome isn't worth our time. Lets go find something more enjoyable to do." The men leave and the crowd quickly disperses. All that are left is the Gnome, the Genasi, and Kyra and Pell.

Rettu Skcollob
2009-11-20, 09:55 PM
Pelias smiles, as several of the men jostle him roughly, seeing his half-orc nature. "Judge not others by their demeanour, but by their words and deeds. These are the teachings of Pelor." Pelias strides forward, towards the Gnome. The charms on his staff jingle softly. "I am sorry you had to see our city's men like that, friend. Are you hurt? I can mend your wounds." He points the staff at the Genasi. "I have not seen one of your kind before... It was a very brave thing you have just done."

Mr. Mud
2009-11-20, 10:00 PM
The Gensai smiles, the lightning in his eyes is intensifying, excitedly.

Well, us "scum" have to stick together. Strength in numbers, and all that. I know what it's like to be the low man on the ladder. He winks at his own pun, and nods warmly to his three newly found friends.Call me Idej.

Rettu Skcollob
2009-11-20, 11:32 PM
Pelias smiled. He may not have a head for numbers and problems, but his years in the chapel had taught him a little eloquence that came in use in these situations. "Hah, of course. 'The man who looks downwards sees only dirt, the man who looks upwards is lost in the sky. It is the man who looks ahead that should be trusted.'" He gave a short bow. "I am pleased to meet you. Call me Pelias. What brings you to our troubled home, if I may ask?"

BloodyAngel
2009-11-21, 03:29 AM
Kyra

OOC: Since it's our first meeting, I feel a description is in order.

The young tiefling girl flitted to the center of the crowd just as it dispersed... a fact that seemed to disappoint her. Her skin was a deep red, and her hair black... with short, curved horns that emerged from her head beneath her wild hair. She had soft, silver eyes and a broad, cheerful smile as she looked around, her long tail swishing about behind her, as if it had a mind of it's own.

Wait... what happened? Kyra asked curiously,
Awww... did we miss it?

It wasn't until she lowered her head in disappointment that she noticed the gnomish man... and suddenly her bright smile returned.

Oh! Hello! She greeted him cheerfully, I didn't see you!

She looked up to Pel with a smile, proudly announcing her discovery.

Pel look! A little boy with a beard! No wonder so many people were curious! She told him, entirely missing the person he was speaking to in her excitement as she turned back to the gnome, Hello honey... I'm Kyra! Who are you?

Mr. Mud
2009-11-21, 09:46 AM
Idej smiles at the tiefling's gentle innocence, and returns his gaze back on Pelias. Well, I hear a commotion a ways down the street, as I was passing by to go to the bazaar down the way. He nods his head in a diagonal manner, his crystallized hair clanking softly.And, I've never been a fan of harassment. He shrugs, and squints up at the sky. Looks like I won't make the plans I'd made. What are you doing for the rest of the day, friends?

Qualia
2009-11-21, 11:31 AM
Azhardian blinks at the rapid change of pace, and stares round at the people surrounding him. The gnome is dressed in ratty, scruffy clothing, his hair is dishevelled and his beard whispy. His eyes alight on Kyra, and he licks a finger before neating his hair, but it has little impact on the straggling strands.

"Well hello Kyra, I'm Azhardian. You however may call me Az. Can I perhaps get you a drink as thanks for your help in this matter."

BloodyAngel
2009-11-21, 04:32 PM
Kyra

Kyra giggled, crouching down to talk to her new gnomish friend.

Oh... um... my friend Pel and I were about to go, actually... She said with a soft smile, I don't thing boys your age should be hitting on girls, honey. And Mary doesn't let children inside where I work...

There was a long pause as a dawning realization crept over her.

Ohhhhhh! You're a halfling, aren't you? She asked with a soft giggle, I'd love to sit down and have a drink with you sweetie, but Pel and I are....

She paused her sentence mid-way though as she looked up and finally noticed exactly whom it was he was talking to. Her eyes went wide and bright as she stood up.

Wow... You're a... um... She tilted her head looking at Idej thinking, before she came back with a blank, You're.... glowy?

Mr. Mud
2009-11-21, 06:39 PM
Idej smiles at the tiefling girl.

Well, I am glowy, but I'm also a Windsoul. I'm a Gensai, and we're... different to say the least. He holds out his hand, and his lightning eyes flash with intensity. The group feels a small breeze flow over them. Nifty trick, eh?

He turns to the gnome. Greatings, Az. Are you alright?

Rettu Skcollob
2009-11-22, 12:49 AM
Pel chuckled. His studies had taught him a little more about the peoples of the world than Kyra had learned herself, it seemed. It was unsurprising, really. Given the nature of this place, it was no wonder that most races avoided it like the plague. Genasi. He remembered reading it briefly in some text or another, but couldn't recall much, beyond their association with the elements. "I would be most happy to join you for a drink- but my companion Kyra and I were about to set out from this place ourselves. What you have just seen is just another symptom of the sickness that plagues the heart of these people. I wish to leave; find new places where a light may be shone." He seemed almost to glow as he spoke... But it was probably just the light reflecting off the end of his staff.

BloodyAngel
2009-11-22, 03:31 AM
Kyra

I have no idea what that is. Kyra said bluntly, not afraid to look unlearned or foolish.

In fact, the girl was rarely afraid of anything... though the cynical would write that off as a product of a less than sharp mind. Instead, she was just deeply, earnestly curious. She watched Idej's wind trick with a smile.

Gen-ass-ie? She said with a smile, Is that a weird word for "mage"? Because this man that comes into Mary's sometimes says he studied as a mage cause his parents made him... and he's always doing little tricks like that too. He makes wind blow up everyone's skirts sometimes... and then Cliff gets mad at him and tells him to pay if he wants a show... but I don't see the harm in it really... I mean, everyone there has seen my butt. I guess the girls who don't do that kind of thing can be upset... but it still just seems funny to me.

Kyra paused for a moment, fading back to reality with a confused look.

Wait... What were we talking about?

Mr. Mud
2009-11-22, 09:51 AM
Mage, no. They don't carry around these. He lofts his sword, and smiles. However, I do know magic. Just not the perverted sort, this Mage "shows" to your friend. He chuckles.

But, yes I'd love to join you... no matter where you're going. I've been looking for a place to call my home, that wasn't riddled with bigotry and hate. Lead, and I'll follow.

BloodyAngel
2009-11-22, 05:55 PM
Kyra

Mages can't carry swords? Kyra asked, That's weird. It must be some new law.

It took a moment before what Idej had said sunk in. Once that fact was inevitable however, she looked to him excitedly.

Wait... you want to come with us? She said, beaming, You should! You really should! We're going.... um... we don't know where we're going. But it will be somewhere, and it will be awesome!

Qualia
2009-11-23, 09:33 AM
Azhardian flashes Idej a quick wink before turning his attention back to the tiefling.

"Talking about places that are awesome and somewhere, I was just on my way to the Palace. Perhaps you would like to join me as my guests. We could take the tour."

Mr. Mud
2009-11-24, 12:36 PM
Sounds good to me. I've just got to do something, maybe find a duel or something... I was always one for a fight. He smirks and looks off into the distance. So, to the place then? Kyra, where were you all goin'?

BloodyAngel
2009-11-25, 01:58 AM
Kyra

The palace? Kyra will ask entranced, You get to go to the palace? We weren't really... goin' anywhere in particular. Were we Pel?

Qualia
2009-11-25, 04:44 AM
The gnome runs his hand through his hair, failing utterly to improve his appearance, then flashes his best winning smile at the tiefling.

"Well in that case, I must insist that you join me. Everyone should see the palace, at least once in their lifetime. I think you'll like it."

Almost as an afterthought he turns to Pel, "You can come too" before switching his attention back to Kyra.

BloodyAngel
2009-11-25, 09:53 AM
Kyra

IEEEEE! Kyra will squeel excitedly in a tone that will send every dog within earshot running, Pel! We're going to the palace!

The little tiefling girl almost jumped in place, grabbing her orcish friend's hand and dragging him along with her.

C'mon c'mon! We can go off and help Pelor save kittens from scary things with teeth later. She rambled energetically, I wanna see the palace!

Emlyn
2009-11-27, 03:43 PM
As Rettu appears to still be sick I'll move things along.

Pel couldn't resist Kyra's request(or dragging for that matter) plus he had also wanted to see the palace. It was supposed to be of amazing splendor, surpassing that of even the greatest cathedrals.

Emlyn
2009-11-29, 12:27 PM
Azhardian leads the party towards the palace. It is a gleaming structure, housed in the center of the city. You are admitted into the main entry way. Inside is a massive room, with hundreds of people going about their business. The floor is inlaid with gold and made from white marble. All about you are desks with different signs in front of them to help people find what they are looking for. The room has three hallways branching out from it going off to the rest of the palace.

You get in line at one of the tables marked, "Directions". A cheerful women greets you and says, "Welcome to the palace! Now, where can I direct you?"

Qualia
2009-11-29, 02:36 PM
The gnome stops trying to catch reflections from the marble floor and stares around a little startled, at least for a second, before regaining his composure.

"Uh, hello, um, yes, well, you see I heard that, that is, I'm here about some work, I mean the work. I'm Azhardian ..."

He takes a small bow

"... and these are my companions."

He gestures towards the rest of the group.

Emlyn
2009-11-29, 02:43 PM
Glancing at the others, she continues"And what exactly is your groups area of expertise?"

BloodyAngel
2009-11-29, 05:31 PM
Kyra

HI! Kyra gave a chipper hello, looking around like she'd never seen anything like this place before, We're... um... Oh! My friend Pel is a priest! And the glowy guy is a mage... and... I don't know what Az does.

Then as an afterthought, she added, Oh, and I dance! Y'know... on stage.

Emlyn
2009-11-29, 09:56 PM
"Wait, you what?" Oh my." The lady is quiet flustered by Kyra's response. "Umm, well now. I'm not entirely sure, err, I mean. Well quiet frankly I have no idea what you would be suited for." She shrugs helplessly. Then, as an afterthought, "I suppose you could go talk to Talon, he sometimes has use for those with, unorthodox talents. His office is the second one on the left, behind me. Have a nice day."

As you enter the office, you find yourself in a receptionists area. However, no one is around. There is a door in the back of the room with light coming from under it. The office is a mess, with papers lying everywhere. But this is were you were directed.

Qualia
2009-11-30, 04:44 AM
Azhardian absent mindedly makes his way over to the desk and casts his eye over the papers.

"Can anyone see any drinks? We may be here a while. Perhaps some cake?"

BloodyAngel
2009-11-30, 04:48 PM
Kyra

Kyra flits around the room, her tail swishing excitedly as she looks at things curiously. She'll try and read a few of the papers even.

You'd think they'd keep the palace more clean. This looks like a book threw up.

Rettu Skcollob
2009-12-01, 01:10 AM
Pelias absent-mindedly reads some of the visible spines of the books, murmuring softly to himself occasionally. He notices the door, and turns his head to his companions. "Maybe our host is beyond that door...? I hope he's not busy, I wouldn't want to disturb him.

Qualia
2009-12-01, 02:39 AM
Azhardian looks up from the document he is reading

"Disturb him? We can't disturb him, he invited us here. We are his appointment. Perhaps you should knock."

Mr. Mud
2009-12-01, 05:14 PM
Iedj draws his bastard sword, and idly makes it burst into green flames, and then extinguishes them, murmuring to himself all the while.

Who are we waiting for anyway, Az?

He turns to Kyra, about to say something, and is entranced by her tail swashing around. He knows he's staring, and tries to stop himself... but can't. Eventually, he comes back to reality, and his eyes turn a deep gold in embarrassment. He thinks to himself:Wonder if she saw me... I sure saw her, he smirks.

Emlyn
2009-12-01, 06:23 PM
Kyra, either you can decide what you saw otherwise roll a perception check. I don't care either way.

The door creaks open and a voice from inside calls out faintly, "While I appreciate you making yourselves at home, please come in."

You enter into a comfortable office. The place looks well lived in, with items strewn about but in a surprisingly organized manner. One wall is lined with a bookshelf that stretches to the ceiling. It is full of manuscripts, books, and scrolls. The other wall contains a giant map of the city, with each district displayed in great detail. The back wall is dominated by a giant window giving a view into the palace garden.

The man sitting behind the desk is a rather average looking human. Nothing truly stands out about the man, until you notice his eyes. They seem to be absorbing every detail of you as if nothing goes unnoticed. He stands to great you, revealing his well made robes. They are black and trimmed with red, a rather unusual color choice for the city.

He gives a small bow and says, "So, what does an Elf, a Cleric, a Genasi, and a whore have with me?" Turning to Kyra and flashing her a disturbing smile he says, "Do pardon the comment, I've heard lovely things about Mary's."

Turning to the others before they can reply, "Allow me to answer my own question. You are in need of employment for various reasons, this I already know. You happen to be in luck that I do have a small task for you to perform. If you accept, you will be amply rewarded. However, I'm waiting on one final member to join us before I explain what the job is. In the meantime, do you have any questions?"

Mr. Mud
2009-12-01, 06:37 PM
Idej walks in, unimpressed. He takes note of his cloak's red trimmings, and immediately decides he dislikes him. Of course, he's too manipulative to show it. The condition worsens when he hears "whore".

To mask his resent me, he deflects: Gensai? You know my proper race, then. Nice to meet someone educated, in Ashenmoor he says, with a smile. I'm Idej. And if my compatriots are willing, I'll be glad to do whatever you need of us.

Idej doesn't like the feeling of this guy. Insight Check: [roll0]

Guancyto
2009-12-01, 07:27 PM
Speaking of their final member, the first indication of anyone's presence comes in the form of a soft light behind the party. A glowing orange orb slowly floats through the doorway, followed by a short, unkempt elven lad. His long brown hair is heavily matted, he appears to be tracking dust everywhere he walks and his clothes are torn in several places.

He takes a step back in surprise at seeing some sort of meeting already underway. Surely he must have interrupted something. "E-excuse me, I must have the wrong room." He stammers, snatching the orb out of the air. Might he have been given the wrong one by accident? On purpose? He can't say. These people look civilized, not at all like the sort he'd end up being sent to see. "I'm looking for a Sir Talon?"

Emlyn
2009-12-01, 07:50 PM
Idej

You are unable to discern anything about the man. He is disturbing yet disarming all at once.

The man claps his hands in delight. "So the final member has arrived. Excellent! Yes this is the right room and I am Talon. Now that you are all here, I shall begin." He leaves his desk and walks over to the giant map. Still facing it, "I am in charge of certain, unique undertakings for the palace. And before you ask yes I am an adviser to the king. Now then, the problem we are having involves Usef's Emporium. One of their local overseers in the slums has been heavily involved in illegal magic and the trade of illicit magical items. You are tasked with infiltrating them and learning what you can."

He hands Idej a slip of paper and continues, "That is the name of your contact and the tavern that you can meet him in. Now, I'm sending you because this is a particularly large operation which is unusual. Once again, you will be dully rewarded for your service. If you have any questions, ask them. Otherwise I would appreciate it if you begin immediately."

Mr. Mud
2009-12-01, 08:22 PM
Idej opens the slip and reads it once, the information already locked in his brain. He passes it along, and yawns. Seems simple enough...What's this guy look like, though?

Rettu Skcollob
2009-12-02, 12:48 AM
A flicker of surprise followed by one of rare anger appears on Pelias' face at the idle exchange of the word 'whore'. His peaceful exterior is about to be shattered, but before he can utter a word he is interrupted by the adjacent Kyra...

BloodyAngel
2009-12-02, 06:53 AM
Kyra

You are now? Well, I guess that's my cue.

Kyra was nothing short of oblivious to Idej's staring, as she flitted around the room curiously. She followed the group inside, only interjecting on one point.

Oh no... I'm just a dancer! She explained with a bright smile, apparently not taking the least in offense to the insinuation, But people are always making that mistake.

She listens with a her head tilted to the side as the strange man speaks... having trouble really focusing on his long winded words. Instead she looked him over and her thoughts sort of wandered, as they often did.

Those are pretty robes... really dark. Black makes you look thinner sometimes, I wonder if that's why he has them? Is he fat? IT's really hard to see, they're all billowy. Maybe he just likes black? I kinda like black, it looks really good on me. But I'm not fat, so maybe he's not fat either. But then why are they so billowy? Maybe he's hiding stuff in there?

Reality sunk back to her as she realized that there was another person here, seemingly from nowhere... and that her new "boss" had stopped talking.

Oh crap! Was I supposed to be paying attention?

We can do that! It'll be easy! She said, perhaps a bit too loudly and out of the blue.

Emlyn
2009-12-02, 10:36 AM
Talon was cut off from answering by Kyra's exclamation. A slightly annoyed expression crosses his face. "Anyway, the man you will be meeting is a human. Don't worry about recognizing him, he'll approach you when he is ready. Just go to the tavern and he'll find you."

What's on the Note

The mans name: Celd
The Tavern: The Bronze Mug

BloodyAngel
2009-12-02, 11:44 AM
Kyra

Ok sir! We can do that. Kyra said with a proud smile, I think I even know where that bar is.

The little tiefling girl smiled cheerfully, and curtsied for him, her tail swishing out as she did. She stood back as if she wasn't certain whether to leave or not... Like she had something more but didn't know if she should speak it.

So... um... She began, shifting her weight onto one foot, I like your robe. Where did you get it?

Qualia
2009-12-02, 02:09 PM
The small gnome takes his eyes off the swishing tale long enough to ask some questions of his own.

"Illegal magic and illicit magical items eh. Any more details than that? Always good to look like we know what we're talking about."

Azhardian nudges Iedj and raises a knowing, and appreciative, eyebrow after glancing again at Kyra.

Mr. Mud
2009-12-02, 04:55 PM
Idej sneers at the gnome playfully, before resuming his usual kind, yet calculating face.

Emlyn
2009-12-02, 08:03 PM
Kyra is given a leering smile before he replies, "They are custom made. I hardly think one such as you could afford them. Though they coud be earned..." He trails off.
"But back to your question," he says as he turns to face Azhardian. "My agent has only reported what I tolled you to me. He may know more, I suggest you ask him yourself." Now then, I believe that should be all you need and I am a busy man. Please see yourselves out." He gestures towards the door then sits down and begins to pour over some papers.

BloodyAngel
2009-12-03, 10:01 AM
Kyra

Kay! Kyra said with a bright smile, seeming just happy that the man had answered her question at all.

She slipped out with (I'm guessing) everyone, resisting the very powerful urge to mess with the paperwork in the next room. From there, she'll follow along where the group goes, unless they want to loiter around a bit to talk somewhere. :smallsmile:

Guancyto
2009-12-03, 11:56 PM
Tedilion

The elf, unable to get a word in edgewise before now, looks on with a mixture of confusion and anger. Yes, this was almost certainly the wrong room, and he wouldn't be conscripted without at least a little more information than that. "Hold on just a second," he speaks up, "I haven't been in the mercenary business long - or ever, really - but I know 'duly' isn't a number. If I decide to help with this, what exactly are you offering in return?"

Emlyn
2009-12-04, 07:47 AM
Without looking up he says, "I know about the one person in your life that you care enough about to come to this city and abandon everything you ever cared about. Does that satisfy you for a reward?"

Guancyto
2009-12-04, 12:46 PM
Blink.

Blink blink.

"Yes," Ted finds his tongue at last, "yes, it would."

BloodyAngel
2009-12-05, 03:26 AM
Kyra

Oh! Does that mean you're coming with us? Kyra will ask excitedly before she can dart out. Because you should! It's going to be so much fun!

Guancyto
2009-12-08, 01:10 AM
"I suppose so," the elf awknowledges as they leave, still in a bit of a daze, "though I don't know what help I'll be. Illegal magical items?"

"Oh, I'm sorry," he looks around at the rest of the group, "Tedilion Mabrineth. And you all are...?"

BloodyAngel
2009-12-08, 01:17 AM
Kyra

Ted... ill... brian? Kyra muddled her way through the elven man's name to little success, I'm Kyra! Just Kyra.

She almost bounced as she introduced the others with her before they could really get the chance.

This is Pel... he's a good friend of mine! She said, indicating the cleanly-dressed half orc. And this is Jeej! He's a mage... I think. And... Azaardidin! No wait... Azardin? Zardin? Um.... he's a halfling!

Mangling of your named and occupations WAS intentional. :P

Rettu Skcollob
2009-12-09, 08:50 AM
Pelias, who had been lost in thought, vaguely nods. "Mmm."

Qualia
2009-12-10, 05:20 AM
"You can call me Az, and I'm anything she wants me to be."

The gnome smiles at the elf, then looks around the group.

"So has anyone been to the Bronze Mug before? Anyone know where it is?"

BloodyAngel
2009-12-10, 09:04 AM
Kyra

No... but it sounds like a bar. I'll bet it's a bar! Kyra said excitedly, I'm sure some of the people at Mary's know where it is! We could go there and ask them.

Mr. Mud
2009-12-10, 05:14 PM
Hell, going to Mary's is fine with me... He smiles to Kyra.

Emlyn
2009-12-11, 08:09 PM
I apologize for not updating sooner. I have no good excuse, I forgot. I'll do a better job keeping an eye on things.

You arrive back at Marry's at a lull in business. It's mid afternoon so it's not surprising. Most of the girls are lounging around and talking while a couple are flirting with the handful of men at the bar.

BloodyAngel
2009-12-12, 11:21 AM
Kyra

Kyra will all but skip into the place with a broad smile on her face. Mary's straddled the line of the upper and lower class. A well-kept gentleman's club decorated to appeal to the wealthy men who came from the city to indulge. The bouncer/security most nights was a huge blonde man named Cliff that rumor said was an ex-harem slave from the distant lands where such things were common. Kyra greeted him with a huge when she entered, and introduced her new friends with staggeringly poor accuracy. Pel is still the only one who she really remembers by name.

Inside is a lush and cozy sitting area with ample spaces for gaming. Darts, cards, dice and other diversions filled the main room, which was centered around the wide bar, and the stage. Curtained and lit in a cheaper imitation of the harems and dancing halls of distant nobles, the stage was currently bare, though the bar was rarely empty. With the exception of Cliff, everyone who worked here was a woman... most of them younger. Mary's soft-spot for taking in girls who were poor, struggling or homeless had led to a large stable of employees to entertain the customers, cook and clean. The place was popular in town. Cheap enough for the more well-off common folk to afford, but nice enough for the wealthy to enjoy when they felt like "slumming".

Hi! Kyra all but squeeled as she bounded into the building, heading straight for the bar and several of the girls she knew.

The tender and head server was a stout dwarven woman of ample "assets", who had been here for as long as she could remember. Gretta was infamous for being boisterous and raunchy, moreso if she'd been drinking... which she often did better than the prissy noble boys who came to the bar. She was friendly enough, and a frequent pincher of bottoms. As she's said of it in the past, "Best tha' ah' like 'em... Tha's all ah' see 'alf th' time!"

Hi Gretta! Hi Linsey! Hi... um... Claire? Kyra said happily as she leaned on the bar, Are you new? You look like Claire.

Kyra paused a moment, her tail swishing excitedly as she abandoned that train of thought for another. She looked more chipper here than normal, and that was a frightening thought. She was home.

Does everyone remember Pel? She asked with a broad smile, Well these are my other new friends! Geej... and Azar.... Azla.... um... Az! And this elven guy! Um... I forget his name. Sorry elven guy...

Given her rich, crimson skin tone, it was near impossible to see the girl blush. Even more so that it gave her only a moment's pause in her ramblings.

We're on a job-quest-adventure-thing! We're going to... um... some bar? I forget. It's called the Brass jug! Kyra told them excitedly, as if she might burst at any moment, Have you ever heard of it?

Emlyn
2009-12-12, 06:54 PM
The girls are excited to see Kyra as well and are used to her rambling. They just giggle and listen. Greeta thinks for a minute then replies, Ah, ya mean ta' Bronze Mug. If I remember correctly, that one is down by ta' southern warehouses. You've been by it a few times when you were exploring, I remember you telling me about it."

A couple of other girls from around the building have gathered around to see what's going on. A couple are flirting about the rest of the party,mainly checking out Idej as few have seen a Gensai before.

Full Disclaimer: I have no idea how to write a Dwarf talking so have fun running it through your own mental Dwarf translator. :smalltongue:

BloodyAngel
2009-12-12, 08:45 PM
Kyra

Is it that REALLY sketchy place by the wharf... or the other sketchy place that's not by the wharf? Kyra asked, trying very hard to remember.

Kyra noticed one of the girls cozying up to Idej and smirked.

Linsey... he's a mage. She said almost conspiratorially, So... you know... um...

It would take Kyra near a minute to realize that even she had no idea what she was talking about...

Emlyn
2009-12-15, 06:53 PM
Okay then, I thought someone might have reacted to that comment but I guess not.

Greeta and the girls laugh as Kyra completely looses her train of thought. Linsey just smiles and lens on Idej's shoulder.

"You're right though girl, it's the one by the wharf. And while it's sketchy, you'd be hard pressed to find a place better suited for peddling information." Survaying the rest of the group she continues, "Now, as much as I like having you all here it seems that you have important business elsewhere. Of course feel free to stay, I'm only suggesting."

BloodyAngel
2009-12-17, 05:04 PM
Kyra

Kay! Did you guys want to stay here, or go to the place right away? Kyra asked with a broad smile, This place gets really full at night, and there's a show... and everything! It's a lot of fun! You can see me dance, Pel!

Rettu Skcollob
2009-12-21, 08:23 AM
Busy work, new second job, new girlfriend, various RL campaigns, internet being cut off, the list goes on. Regardless, sorry I've been absent, I'll do my best to keep up.

Pelias laughs. "That sounds most agreeable, Kyra, but I think that we should make haste in our task, if our friends are in agreement. Though I must admit I would not mind staying and taking a little while to relax.