PDA

View Full Version : Altab Homebrew #2 IC

Archangelat
2009-11-19, 05:39 PM
"Too old... too young... too inexperienced... Argh!"

Arcadius couldn't help but grab at his beard. He would have much preferred to pull at his hair but alas, his age has finally caught up to him and his hair line had caught up to his age 5 years prior.

"Just one more... hm... mayhaps three be enough? No, no, no. Needs be 1 more least the chance be nigh" grumbled the ancient sage as he once again resumed the tedious task at hand of finding the fourth elite Seeker.

Just as the hour was to pass a great joyous shout was heard throughout the library quickly chased by gasps of beleaguered coughs.

"Your highness, I have excellent news!"

Solara stared up wearily from the most recent scout reports at his old friend and mentor. Arcadius is quick to excite these days but his broad half toothed smile and wagging long beard hinted that this time the news might really be worth listening to.

"What news do you have for me Arcadius. I pray it be about a sudden change of heart by Pylenxia? If not, let it at the very least carry a bout of mirth to ease my mind."

"No, no, it is actually neither. Rather, it can be both. Well really if you..."

Not having the time today to indulge his former mentor, Solara decided to redirect the sage's attention:

"I am sure it is of a thousand possibilities but for a lowly mortal such as I, please limit it to one form."

"Oh yes, of course. I wanted to inform you right away that we finally have found four worthy champions to complete the Seekers!"

Arcadius was beaming with such pride as if a toddler first learning to walk that the High King didn't have the heart to suggest that the champions ore more likely to end up in the deep bowls of the Earth than to provide any real accomplishment.

"Excellent Arcadius! Please summon them immediately."
__________________________________________________ _________

(A fortnight hence):

Two high guards whispered amongst themselves while stealing glances at the menage of individuals seated in the courtyard:

(The below is only for Sartharina and Jarus as the others failed their listening checks)

"What do you make of those four over there?"

"Eh, from what I hear they be the new Seekers. By my eyes they look more to be street walkers and hooligans."

"Hehehe, aye, I surely wouldn't mind spending my break with either one of those females over there. Heck, even that cat looking thing is causing me to unsheathe my hidden dagger if you know what I mean."

"Bah, can't be trusting those non-humans these days though with you a few swigs of Dragon Piss Ale and I bet 10 gold coins that a dwarf would be fine company for you too!"

"Keep it down you gip. You want them to hear us. By the looks of it, ain't that one over there the one we just took in not so long ago?."

"I don't doubt it. Lucky one he is though to be traveling in the company of three such exotic beauties."

"Shh... think they be noticing us."

(Please take the time to introduce yourselves to each other)

Sky Pilot
2009-11-19, 08:31 PM
Pabhla is crouched in the shadows, appraising the group around her. She is dressed in dirty travellers garb and feels naked without her satchel, her left hand occasionly drifting to were it should be.

Her approving eye wanders over the blonde male, who is dressed down. She mentally pictures him lurking in a dark alley and decides that this is someone she should keep an eye on.

The solarcat is hard not to notice and Pabhla is unsure of wether the woman is going to be a powerful ally or the worst slaver bait she has ever encountered. Her flashy clothes obviously indicate that she has a high opinion of herself.

The blond human woman attracts an interested apprasial, while obviously weak of frame the woman has a warriors stance. She looks out of place in her clothing and Pabhla wonders how less awkward she would look in armor.

Deciding to break the silence in her pragmantic style, she stands and announces to the group in a soft voice

I am Pablha

Scow2
2009-11-19, 09:11 PM
Sartharina leaned gently against a wall, trying to ignore the comments from the guards, though she had to wonder... since when did humans have sheaths? (DM started it!)

Her massive wings extending from her back prevented her from sitting on the benches, as the pressure on her back could become unbearable if her posture was even slightly off, and was always uncomfortable since her wings were taller than she was. So instead, she leaned one shoulder against the wall, fiddling with the opulent silver-trimmed blue silk dress she was lent in exchange for her battle and ceremonial armor, clearly uncomfortable with the way it fit around her torso. While the staff was considerate enough to ensure it was backless to allow it to be worn despite her wings, they didn't spare the same consideration and make it frontless for some trumped-up reason or another, making the human-torso design very uncomfortable on her hybrid-feline body. "Anyone mind if I let the top of this *nyah* dress down?" she asked after a while, trying to give up on making it comfortable for now... It wasn't like she wouldn't put it back up when it was time for their audience...

*Stand-in for feline swear

DragoonWraith
2009-11-19, 09:49 PM
Alexa
Alexa is sitting, uncomfortable but confident at the same time. She feels out of place, she doesn't think she has what it takes, she's just a old vet's daughter, she doesn't know anything about battle...

But she does, and she know she does. She knows the horror... A shudder flows through her as she suppresses the memory. She holds onto that small but fierce candle of hope, determination, and confidence that she has within her, the light that says "you can do this," and she fidgets and glances around shiftily, trying to honestly believe that.

When Pablha announces her name, Alexa looks up, and grateful someone broke the ice, says, "Hi! My name's Alexa..."

Alexa just stares at the cat when she asks to take her dress down. She'd be revealing herself to everyone here! Alexa was too stunned to even answer.

userpay
2009-11-19, 09:49 PM
Jarus leaned back against the brick wall thinking, why had they taken him out of his cell? One moment he was in prison garb lying on his back and the next he was thrust into an odd room, given these new clothes to wear, then brought here to wait with this odd bunch. He picked at the new clothes, why couldn’t he have kept his old duds? Granted they were two sided, something generally frowned upon, not to mention the numerous pockets that were hidden about them but these new clothes were so itchy. They even gave him new, stiff boots that needed a good soaking to make them supple much less comfortable.

“I am Pablha”
Jarus turns his attention to the others at the voice, the woman with the dwarflike build had spoken.
Well that simplistic bluntness doesn’t surprise me, wonder if she’s got some dwarf in her bloodline somewhere.
He thought as his eye wanders over to the other human woman in the room. Eyeing her he can tell that she’s a trained warrior, yet something about the stance sets her apart from other fighters he’s seen. Somehow a more graceful stance than typical…

"Anyone mind if I let the top of this *nyah* dress down?"
Jarus’s eyebrows rise as he looks to the odd one out of this group. Not quite able to place the catlike species, he can’t help but think how interesting, not to mention cute, this one is.
“I certainly do not mind milady,” Jarus says with a grin and a casual sweep of a hand, “though I can not speak for either of the other two women present.”

Sky Pilot
2009-11-19, 10:17 PM
Looks up to the cat woman and briefly pauses to consider if this is this sarcasm she has heard so much about.

Pablha has no concerns. This is common amongst my people.

she coughs

"Civilised" people may be affended or think that you are offering yourself to them as slave bait. This is what Pablha has witnessed

Scow2
2009-11-20, 12:28 AM
With a gracious nod to her companions, Sarth half-whispered a relieved "Thank you," and proceeded to slide her arms out of the sleeves and tie them off around her waist, revealing exactly why clothes for human females were uncomfortable for her type.

"I'll fix it so it's not as uncomfortable once I get the chance," she growled, prying herself off the wall. Since they had a bit of time to kill before the audience, Sarth worked on a few warm-up maneuvers involving her natural claws. Of course, given her dance-like combat style and now her temporary modification to her outfit, the guards and Jarus would probably be getting quite a show. The dance even had something for those with higher tastes, as it's not every day one could see a performance by an winged dancer with the ability to ignite her hands at will during the dance.

Gratuitous Dance Check: [roll0]

userpay
2009-11-20, 01:17 AM
Jarus gives an appreciative whistle, his eyes following every move of the dance.
“Girl if I had my lute right now I would play something for you to dance to, but alas it is at home and our guards don’t seem to be forthcoming with equipment.”
Seems as my guess was right, she’s an interesting lass that she is. He thought as he continued to watch, very much enjoying the show.

Archangelat
2009-11-20, 01:19 AM
(I was about to proceed with the next part but since this seems to have become interesting in and of itself, I will hold off until the whole dress issue is is settled.

Um...okay that was very unexpected and I'll have to think about this for a bit before posting as I have to change a good amount of what I was going to post with this latest development.)

userpay
2009-11-20, 10:22 AM
Jarus pondered for a moment then suddenly grinned.
"I might not have some music for you lass but that doesn't mean I can't sing something for you to dance to!"
He took a moment to compose himself than began to sing.

Sing Check: [roll0]

Now is come September, the hunter's moon begun
And through the wheat and stubble, we turn the green to dun
The leaves of pale and yellow are kindling into red
And the ripe and bearded barley is hanging down its head.

All among the barley who would not be blithe
When the ripe and bearded barley is smiling on the scythe.

The Spring is like a young maid who does not know her mind
The Summer is a tyrant the most ungracious kind
The Autumn is an old friend who loves where all she can
For she brings the bearded barley to gladden the hearts of man.

The wheat is like a rich man, he's sleek and well to do
The oats are like a pack of girls, laughing and dancing too
The rye is like a miser, he's sulky, lean and small
But the ripe and bearded barley is monarch of them all.

Scow2
2009-11-20, 04:10 PM
It wasn't that his singing was bad... far from it... But Sarth still had to cut her warm-up practice routine short. "No, nee, Jo, He, Fou, Ne, Nein, Hapana, Nyah..." she said over his singing, continuing saying "No" in every language she could imagine, whether she knew any other words in that language or not, ending with an emphatic "DO NOT WANT!".

Apparently, he needs to understand more about her dance/combat style...

userpay
2009-11-20, 08:26 PM
Jarus holds his hands up in submission .
"I'm sorry milady, I suppose I should have waited till we all got to know each other better. Twas such a lovely dance and I mistakenly thought some singing would help break the ice."

Sky Pilot
2009-11-20, 08:26 PM
Watches the cat finish her dance short, the mans song was fine to her ears but obviously not what the cat wanted. While the two had not introduced themselves, obviously they were not unused to attention or seeking. Perhaps not an uncommon thing considering the cats basic nature. Visions of moving around the countryside inconspicuously were quickly fading away and Pabhla had some concerns that she would soon be part of a sideshow in a circus trapezing across the land... if the circus was going to be hired.

Ah well it beat walking behind a camel/ox/pack horse or other assorted caravan animal all day at least and she was quick happy to let others take over the front man role. She turned to the quiet woman who had introduced herself.

Well met Alexia, obviously we not need to look far for entertainment. You cast the stance of someone familiar with the sword and bow, where do you hail from?

DragoonWraith
2009-11-20, 08:55 PM
Alexa
Alexa looked up from her fidgeting, and stood and shook Pabhla's hand meekly. The song had been good, but reminded her too much of home... and the cat's manner still shocked her. The leering guards certainly had put a damper on any mirth she might have gotten from the scene... "What-? Oh, yes, I suppose not... I'm sorry, uhm. I'm from Protia, a little trading town called Vert Plateua... Was called, anyway... But uhm... I don't really know why you say that? I mean, I used to play along with my brother when he was training for the militia, and I messed around with my father's sword from time to time, but... I'm not... really a warrior."

So she says, but as she stands to shake Pabhla's hand, her stance begins to really shape up, so that she really does seem like she should have a sword and shield. She looks ready, poised even, and with her back straight and her weight balanced forward, she looks anything but untrained. And deep within her a voice tells her, "Yes, you are."

Scow2
2009-11-20, 10:10 PM
"Well... you certainly broke something," Sarth said exasperatedly, idly circling him as she accented her words with her arms and wings. Apparently, she was quite expressive with her body language. "It's not that your singing was bad... on the contrary, it was quite good... But you seem to have no sense of artistic awareness..." she continued to rant as she circled him.

"Singing a ballad to an Illurian warm-up dance is... not done... Like smearing a sweetcake in steak sauce... yes, both are good, but they don't go together... Or, a more obvious example, trying to dress someone like me in the frilly dresses of more conventional societies," she continued, gesturing to her body... the fact that she was now nude down to her waist either reinforced or sabotaged her last analogy.... and she realised the potential for confusion. "Not this dress... I could wear it properly with minimal adjustment to accomodate my body..." she said, temporarily slipping her arms back through the sleeves and covering her torso again, "I mean those frilly, poofy laced messes and corsets that override whatever a woman would look like naturally... Some humans need them... I can't even fit in one..."

She completely forgot her analogy as her attempted to explain why his song wasn't fitting for her dance, as she decended into a rant on the fashions of various races, weighing the pros and cons of each, and ending up concluding that she couldn't understand why she herself was bothered to deal with considerations of fashion in general, fashion vs. cost, and fashion vs comfort when she looked good enough without any clothes... Of course, she then contradicted herself, justifying covering herself up as pretty much begging the question, "what else would she do with her keen artistic awareness?"

Somebody please snap her out of her rant of vanity!

userpay
2009-11-20, 11:06 PM
Jarus looks up at Sarth.
"I don't have any knowledge of your people or customs so confusion is bound to occur, I wouldn't mind learning of them though. My old man didn't neglect to teach me a bit about the world so I've an interest in it. As to my peoples sense of fashion... well... I can't explain that, I merely out of convenience for one of my, ah, field go along with it." He makes a frown. "Frankly while some of the things look good I still can't fathom why they go through such lengths in the first place. But each to his or her own I suppose."

DragoonWraith
2009-11-21, 04:52 AM
Alexa
Alexa simply shifts uncomfortably in her peasant clothes, much the same as every other clothing she had ever worn...

Archangelat
2009-11-21, 12:00 PM
"God Almighty!" exclaimed one of the guards as the sudden display of provocative dance by the enticing female cat warrior took him by such surprise that he forgot to whisper.

(You all made your listening checks due to the circumstance so:)

"Here I thought I drew the short end of the stick having to do guard duty in the courtyard but now I think my day's prayers have just been answered!"

"What I wouldn't give to be going with that group. Hell, I wouldn't even mind going deep into Pylenxia itself and facing down a horde of Huntsmen as long as that one is dancing right beside my face."

"Don't be so vulgar though I agree that this guard gig has just changed my opinion of this Seeker business. Maybe I can convince the old sage to let me sign up still."

"Not if I threaten his life first to let me join up!"

"Over my dead..."

The bickering of the two guards was cut short as a raucous was heard over the sounds of the courtyard.

Archangelat
2009-11-21, 12:08 PM
(Assuming Sarth has put her clothing back on.)

Crash

"Danged carts, not sure why we even be using these damn contraptions. Ugh... if not for the infernal ban on the magics of old, we wouldn't have need of such clutter and over sized toys..."

Far preceding his actual presence, Arcadius' usual muttering could be heard echoing throughout the courtyard.

A few moments later, a disheveled and highly annoyed old man appeared from the archway. Well, "old" might have been too modest a term for the individual. Bent over and under at least thrice, the man must have been well over 6 feet in his prime but is now standing as tall as his 4 foot beard that seems to have taken up the role of the royal floor sweeper.

"Ah, finally here be..."

It seemed that even the ancient one was not immune to the physical charms of the assembled party.

Oh if only to be a few centuries younger again. What I wouldn't do to that...

"Ahem!" coughed Arcadius as he tried to clear his throat and his mind.

"Welcome champions of the land. I can see here that we have quite the bouquet of vix... I mean warriors" stumbled Arcadius.

"I know all of ye to be unquestionably reliable and honest."

Not to mention drop dead distracting on any conscious male.

"Eh, most of ye as far as honesty goes anyways" continued the sage after a brief pause of thought.

"Now then if you master and I mean mistresses of se... I mean adventure would kindly follow me, we have an assembly with King Yorigal that we are late for."

As the group rose to follow the snail shuffling of the sage who kept peering back, all couldn't but wonder if the trip to the meeting chambers would include a dinner on the way.

Five minutes later, the group has managed to cross the archway. To the side of the inner corridor rested a monstrous cart. Any other individual would not have bothered to pay an extra second of attention to the potpourri of miscellaneous discards and junk sitting amongst the three metal golems surrounding it, but Sarth couldn't but help notice the flash of armor amongst them.

(If Sarth takes no action, I will move you guys along).

Scow2
2009-11-21, 10:21 PM
At the guard's words of praise about her body, Sartharina couldn't stop from expressing a subtle smile, as unlike the guard's first comments, the words didn't come off as vulgar nor undeserved. She was proud of and pleased with her athletic body, and enjoyed knowing the male guards also enjoyed it. With the approach of the cart, she turned to face the newly arrived geezer, not bothering to pull up the top of her dress quite yet.

Unlike her positive reaction to the guards, she was repulsed by the 'ancient's' post-pubescentesque reaction to the party. "What? Have the realms outlawed romance in addition to magic?" she snarked at his reaction to the three of them, "Or have you just never seen a female before?" While praise of her or her companion's physical attractiveness wasn't out of line, he was entirely unacceptable

Still, when the party followed him at his command, she did likewise, pulling the top of her dress against her body again, grimacing at the discomfort as she fastened the collar in back and made sure nothing was trying to peek through the sides. Along the way, she caught a glimpse of cast-aside armor, something of note... but right now she and her companions were on the way to an important audience... she might have time to investigate it afterward. If not... it was probably just a suit of armor of common craftsmanship and composition...

DragoonWraith
2009-11-22, 12:35 AM
Alexa
Alexa's blush deepens even more at Sarth's comment, and she occupies herself with a detailed inspection of the stones beneath her feet.

userpay
2009-11-22, 01:28 AM
Jarus couldn't help but snort at the honesty comment, not to mention the situation in general, yet Jarus knew his own sense of honor oft compelled him once commited to something. Lets see what they've got first I suppose..

Sky Pilot
2009-11-22, 02:38 AM
Pabhla lets most of the comments go over her head, while she can she why the the cat woman has provoked such a reaction it is unusual for such comments to be directed at her. She assumes that the inclusion of all the females in the compliments is due to mass male addling effect of the cat woman. She does however improve of opinion towards the old man, who reminds her of an old teacher back amongst her tribe.

Sarths comments seem to be fitting into place, although she is unsure of what this romance is? Maybe it is a form of female battle magic that is is danger of being outlawed as well?

She slaps Alexia across the back

Chin up woman, you need to look whoever we are seeing in the eyes. Part of ensuring a prospective employer doesn't stint you on the gold is make sure he knows your tough. Besides it won't be hard, as he is male he will most likely be distracted by "The Cat", so you only have to it for a little while, ya!

Archangelat
2009-11-23, 06:56 PM
Walking past the cart of oddities, the clatter of armor and heavy foot steps could be heard following the party.

"Greetings Arcadius, are you providing tours of the Kings chambers these days?"

"What is this now? Who is that calling my name? Is that you Gwelden? Has the day already slipped by? How did the time pass by so fast? How is your ward doing these days? Did you ever..."

"No no, there remains plenty of light to the day still my good sage. I am merely a bit early for my audience with the High King. Now might you be so kind as to introduce me to this lovely bunch of individuals you are in the company of?"

"Eh, lovely what? Oh, these four. Well yes, they are the new Seekers that we have been searching for. It is quite amusing though that we had to search for the Seekers. Really, a more fitting title would have been..."

"I see," interrupted Gwelden quickly before the sage could start another tale of his opinions on the trivial matters of the world.

"It is a pleasure to be able to meet the saviors of the land before they embark on their noble quest."

"Psh, don't look much like saviors to me," snickered one of the remaining two warriors a little bit too loudly.

Shooting a disapproving glare at his comrade, Gwelden continued his greeting.

"I am Gwelden from the Kingdom of Orysis. Accompanying is Lady Charssie, leader of the Orysis Paladins. As for the rude individual, he would be going by the name of Trevolt. Don't let his inappropriate remarks get to you, he is just a little peeved that the general of the Orysis army was passed over for this quest.

Now that you know of us, might I be so bold as to ask for your names and lands of origins?"

userpay
2009-11-23, 08:47 PM
Jarus considered the group now before him. He took an instant dislike of Trevolt, not that he didn't agree with him somewhat, and Gwelden seemed to be a respectable sort. Figuring that he shouldn’t get into any more trouble than he was probably in, Jarus decided to take the polite approach for the time being.
“Greetings! I am Jarus Delem, of the city Calendas. I look forward to meeting the High King in all his glory.” He paused for a moment. “Though then again I still don’t know what all this Seeker stuff is about but I’m sure that will be rectified soon enough.”

DragoonWraith
2009-11-23, 09:27 PM
Alexa
Alexa tries to muster some courage, trying to heed kind Pahlba's words, but her struggles are in vain until the man asks for their names. Suddenly, she feels a warmth within her, and the strength to look the king in the eyes and say, confidently though quietly, "My name is Alexa, sir; I am from a town in Protia. My town was one of those destroyed, and I am here to avenge my friends and family and to end this madness."

Sky Pilot
2009-11-23, 09:51 PM
Pabhla considers the armored warriors quietly before replying. She keeps her stance neutral, skirmishing with "civilised" warriors was not uncommon and she is unsure if this is a hostile Order or not.

I am Pablha of Xanzia. I hail from Hushmugh in the land of the Mugth.

Scow2
2009-11-24, 04:00 PM
Sartharina stepped forward, half-extending her wings outward. "I am Sartharina, one of the Blades of Illuria," she said proudly and clearly, as though her title actually meant something, even though it was one she gave herself because it sounded cool. She didn't bother to explain that Illuria was the hidden desert city... she figure'd everyone would know that! At least she managed to keep her dress on during her introduction...

Archangelat
2009-11-25, 12:42 PM
"Hm...I'm afraid I do not know too much about the Seeker business. Perhaps Arcadius could enlighten us as to that."

However, as Gwelden turned to the sage, the only reply was a loud snore.

With a scowl on his face, Trevolt approached to shake the old man awake. Guessing his General's intention, Gwelden quickly stepped in to intercept the man.

"It is best not to awaken him. He might just turn to dust if we stir him from his rest and then we would be the ones to blame," whispered Gwelden as he winked at Charssie.

"Come, I will escort you to the High King's chambers as I am to meet with him as well.

Protia you say? Why I have not been there in quite some time. I am shocked though by your news of the latest events. Dabloon must be losing his touch as well to have allowed such atrocities transpire. I applaud your conviction but your preoccupance with revenge does trouble me.

Xanzia? Well this really is new times for us all. The land is a safehaven for the scum of the land. However, as ancient as he is, I trust in Arcadius' judgment."

Despite having said this, Gwelden covertly glanced at Charssie.

"Hm...Illuria. I think I have heard of that in my childhood though I never really had the chance to visit the place. I always thought of the place to be of legend but clearly your presence here indicates otherwise," remarked Gwelden as he flashed a brilliant smile at Sartharina.

Archangelat
2009-11-25, 12:44 PM
"I would love to find out more about all of you but I am afraid we are here," stated Gwelden applogetically as he presented the double doors that the party had arrived upon during the the exchange of greetings.

One would have thought the High King's private meeting room would have been of a grandiose affair yet that could not be further from reality. Instead monstrous doors of steel or and osentatious display of gold and silver, the doors of the room were of simple ancient oak.

Yet as the party approached, the doors seemed to emanate a sugre of strength the smell of ocean breeze swept towards them though no window was in sight.

Three guards stood with silence, barring entrance to the portal. Spotting the approach of the group, the foremost warrior spoke in a measured but authorative tone.

"Halt! Before passing any further, all arms must be forfeited."

"Of course, I would expect nothing less," replied Gwelden.

The party soon found themselves stripped of any weapons and ammunition that they might have been carrying with such speed and precision that they were hardly aware of what had transpired.

However, as one of the guards reached for King Strombale's sword, his senior quickly stopped him.

"Do not be so hasty with that one least you are ever so eager to lose the use of your right arm for a month."

"I apologize for not having removed it myself earlier. I have so become used to it hanging by my side that I sometimes forget I am wearing it," explained Gwelden as he unbelted his sword.

As the sword was being handed over to the guard, Sartharina noticed that the craftsmenship of the weapon was far beyond the skills of any human or craftsman of Illuria for that matter.

Once denuded of their armament, the remaining guard opened the doors and announced their arrival.

(Please update your sheets with 50 XP each for rping so far.)

Scow2
2009-11-25, 04:19 PM
At the request to forfiet all arms, Sartharina held up her arms and extended her claws as a check. "Can I just check these instead?" she asked with a smile, also revealing her teeth. Not weapons that could be removed by normal means within any reasonable manner.

"Where can I get a sword like that?" she then asks, noticing the Impressive And Fancy Sword.

DragoonWraith
2009-11-25, 05:55 PM
I dunno if I would have got the chance, but if I would have, response to Gwelden. Also, is he king or not? I thought he was, but then it was pointed out that he says he's from the kingdom of wherever, not that he's actually the king, so I edited my post - is he actually king?
Alexa
"Less vengeance, sir, and more setting things right. I am angry about what happened, but more determined to make sure it doesn't happen to anyone else. I just, I want to stop the evil..." Alexa is a little worried, though. The more she talks about it, the more daunting her oath seems to be...

userpay
2009-11-25, 06:36 PM
Jarus smirks as he gets frisked, its not like he aquired anything since he was put into that couryard with the others.

Sky Pilot
2009-11-25, 08:59 PM
Pabhla submits to the search and remains silent on the exchange except for nodding politely at Gweldens reply. She is not unaware of her homelands reputation although she would point out that prehaps people tend to be more self-sufficient from Xanzia she holds her tongue. Socially she is somewhat out of her depth and descides that silence and listerning is probably her best option at this point. She follows the conversation and glances looks over Gwelden's sword when Sarth brings attention to it.

Archangelat
2009-11-25, 10:26 PM
I dunno if I would have got the chance, but if I would have, response to Gwelden. Also, is he king or not? I thought he was, but then it was pointed out that he says he's from the kingdom of wherever, not that he's actually the king, so I edited my post - is he actually king?

(Please see OOC)

Archangelat
2009-11-25, 11:08 PM
"That old sword? It was a gift from a good friend from long ago and is of mostly sentimental value though it has served me well so far," answered Gwelden quickly with a wink. Evidently, his humor had returned after hearing of Alexa's explanation.

The guard checking Sartharina nearly fell when she extended her claw as he was clearly paying more attention to the other aspects of her that had extended beyond the cover of the dress. After receiving a disapproving glance from his superior, he quickly returned to the task at hand.

Once all the party members have been thoroughly removed off any weaponry that was not an inherent part of his/her being, two of the guards opened the doors before them.

If the party had expected the plain doorway to be a mask hiding the elegence of the interior and the majesty of the king, they would be sorely disappointed.

Within the chambers, sat a scholarly looking man who surely has seen more sun rises than the leaves of the great oak that the chamber doors were crafted from. The lower half of his face was covered by a well groomed white beard that was handsome enough to rival even that of dwarf king.

The king's full height was unclear as his slighlty bent form and the flowing purple royal robes that overwhelemed his frame made even a reasonable guess impropable.

To his right side hovered a slighlty (as in a century or two) younger version of Arcadius. Yet, it was what was dancing near his left shoulder that drew the attention of the party.

A cloud the size of a human head jumped to and fro in a playful choreograph of twirls and jaunts. By first glance, it would seem that a lesser god, bored with the nuiances of the celestial plane, had decided to give life to a fledgling cloud and to top it off, given it a set of doe like eyes and a gleeful smile.

Upon the entrance of the party, the tiny cloud zipped towards Alexa and circled her head. A slight tingling sensation went through Alexa as the cloud circled her. Not unpleasent at all, rather similiar to the sensation of easing into a warm bath on a wintery night.

Alerted by the cheerful squeal of his pet, High King Yorigal raised his head.

Sensing the Yorigal's attention, Gwelden quickly bowed at the waist.

"Greetings your highness. I seem to have found a party of champions on my way here."

"Ah, Gwelden. Glad is my heart at the sight of you. Please rise as there is no need for such politeness amongst us."

""That may be the case your greatness but even a friend should show his respect for his leige. Especially when strangers are present," whispered the individual on the right side of Yorigal.

"Well no matter. As High King of Altab, I welcome and thank you for your arrival. I believe Arcadius has provided you with all the necessary details and marked you with my seal? If so, then please proceed to the armory and then then stable as time is short."

userpay
2009-11-25, 11:25 PM
Jarus dipped into a graceful bow.
“High king, let me say it is an honor to meet you in person despite the, ah, circumstances that led me here. However, while I can not speak for my apparent companions, I do not think we have had the fortune to be informed of the details of what we are to do. I pray pardon but could you please enlighten us?”
It may have been laid on a bit thick but it couldn’t hurt the situation. Jarus can’t help but think that he might be getting more than he bargained for.

DragoonWraith
2009-11-25, 11:49 PM
Alexa
Alexa nearly stumbles over herself in her haste to copy Gwelden at the king's comment, having both forgotten to do so herself and not noticed the other king do so.

Cheeks burning, she nods slightly at Jarus's comment.

Sky Pilot
2009-11-26, 03:57 AM
Pabhla also bows aping the others. She nods along with Jarus's comments although she is unsure if the High King is referring to the group or Gwelden and his troupe. She is impressed by the High King, both in his age and austerity, something she takes a rarity in the realm and civilized peoples in general.

Scow2
2009-11-27, 04:53 PM
Rather than bow, Sartharina kneels down, crossing her hands over her chest and extending her claws in a rough eagle-like shape, while fully extending her wings upward in a pair of great semi-arches... Apparently a racial bow. Of course, she couldn't resist temporarily igniting her wings, so that as she flipped the wings up, it created a bright orange flare and phoenix effect around her... Stoopid show-off kitty-cat...

Archangelat
2009-11-29, 02:14 AM
Though his attendant seemed nervous by the display, Yorigal himself seemed nodded politely at Sartharina's display. Likewise, Gwelden smiled encouragingly at the Solar Cat as she started her greeting ritual.

Once complete, however, Yorigal was taken slighlty aback by the information revealed to him by the party. Sensing the King's surprise, his attendant on the right leaned over and whispered in his ear.

(The below is only for Jarus and Alexa)

"Mayhap Arcadius should be retired from his post if he is unable to perform even such minor tasks. I would gladly assume the responsibilities..."

With a wave of his hand, Yorigal seemed to have cut short the whisperings in his ear. Chuckling slightly the High King leaned back in the venerable oak chair to get comfortable as he answered the questions of the elf.

"It seems Arcadius has been a bit forgetful of his duties as of late."

At this, King Strombale interceded with an explanation.

"I am afraid I was to blame for that Sire. Arcadius had seemed so intruiged by the gifts sent to us by the Impris Empire that I felt it made only practical sense for me to guide these champions here so that he would be able to focus all his time on unraveling any hidden traps or secrets that lay within the gift wagon from Impris via, cough, meditation.

However, I was unaware of the secondary debriefing task of Arcadius and for that I am truely apologetic."

"Ah I see, yes I suppose the explanation suffices. Now as for the mission at hand..." here Yorigal takes a slight pause before resuming.

"Times are getting darker in this land. Due to the political pressures from Impris, we have recently curtailed the use of arcane magic heavily as you all know by my lastest edict.

Though trade relations with Impris has improved dramatically and the wealth of this land has profited handsomely from my difficult decision, there seems to have been some unforseen consequences as well.

As the magic of the land has been shipped off to Tolaris, races of old have started to disappear. Dwarves, elves, and other magical creatures such as yourselves used to be in every five households but now your appearance may be the first for some citizens of the land in their entire life.

We do not know if the restraint on arcane magic has been the cause of this but we do know that the answer may be found in the Vale of Elendale that lies to the North of this court.

Now, before I proceed further, are there any questions?" asked Yorigal.

DragoonWraith
2009-11-29, 06:01 AM
Alexa
Alexa blushes, and stammers, "S-sir, uhm... do you know a-anything about the villages? Uhm. The ones that disappeared? ...like mine?"

Sky Pilot
2009-11-29, 07:21 AM
Pablha remains silent and follows the conversation. She has no questions at this stage.

userpay
2009-11-29, 11:11 AM
Jarus pondered the information. The edict on magic hadn’t been the most popular among many but it did a wonderful job of curtailing the useage magical locks and traps for one of his profession. Often when found he triggered them safely and let the owners deal with the fallout. As to the disappearances that seemed very odd indeed. He liked other races, the different viewpoints and cultures intrigued him, but he couldn’t think why a ban on magic would cause them to disappear except to move which seemed unlikely. For now he stayed quiet, the only questions he had should be answered when the High King next spoke.

Archangelat
2009-11-29, 01:22 PM
Upon hearing Alexa's question, the Yorigal's attendant leans over to whisper in his year.

For Jarus:

"I surely hope her timidness is not a reflection of her strength in combat. Maybe Arcadius made a mistake in choosing her?"

Nodding acknowledgment to both Alexa's and his attendant's question, Yorigal proceeded to answer Alexa's inquiry with his own questions.

"Missing villages? Could you possibly clarify for me my dear? Does the entire village vanish into thin air? Also, from what Kingdom did your village reside in?"

DragoonWraith
2009-11-29, 09:07 PM
Alexa
"My town, uhm, Vert Plateau... uh, in Protia, sir? Monsters came in the night, killed... everyone... except me, I tumbled down the cliff and fell in a hole, and they didn't find me... And I've heard it's happened elsewhere, towns just getting wiped out, and, well, I mean, I want to set all things right, the other races too, but I... I swore I would stop such a thing from happening any more..."

Scow2
2009-11-29, 09:28 PM
Sartharina waited patiently for the king and Alexa to finish their conversation, having nothing important to offer at the moment. She also had no questions, but her patience wasn't her strongest point either...

Sky Pilot
2009-11-30, 01:33 AM
Pablha frowns at Alexias reply, entire villages disappearing would be something well known and it is concerning that neither Gwelden or Yorigal seem to have information about this.

Roll for Pablha about public knowledge on the disappearance of villages in Portia and wider Altab, i.e has she picked up knowledge about this on her travel to the High King and is it information she would expect them to already possess

[roll0] knowledge

Archangelat
2009-11-30, 08:44 PM
Upon hearing Alexa's further query, Yorigal is struck silent by her news. A grave silence falls upon the chamber.

"No, I was not aware of this. We have known of some strange happenings near Chubil and Baloth due to their proximity to Pylenxia and the egos of the two Kingdoms but we had not thought that the repercussions would have crossed over the Orysis Mountain Range.

This matter cannot go unattended to. I would ask you to investigate the village disappearance immediately but the Orysis Mountain Range is full of unknown dangers. If what you say is true my young one then there is much evil unknown to us already afoot.

Dabloon of Kataris must be informed of this right away though Thalion of Elendale may also know of this matter. I fear this is a time of difficult decision for you all as only the four of you know your own capabilities.

The passage to the Vale will be challenging but bearable while the treck to Kataris is unknown to me now that unheard treachery is afoot in Protia.

Take some time to discuss your decision in the ante room as it should not be made lightly. When you have decided, knock on these doors that you came through and Chrotius will provide you all with adequate provisions for your task at hand, including food, equipment, means of travel and spending provisions."

At this last sentence, Chrotius winced and leaned over once more towards Yorigal.

(The below is for Alexa and Jarus)

"Sire, our treasuries are running low. I do not believe we will have enough travel funds for the entire party."

"Use the repair fund we have set aside for this instead then."

"As you wish sire though I hope that no rain comes about soon."

With that the party was stepped back out into the ante chamber with their hearts heavy.

(Rp the discussion in depth as this is an important decision.)

DragoonWraith
2009-11-30, 09:14 PM
Alexa
"Well, uhm. I guess, I mean, it's obvious what I want to do, right? I want to help the other races, but we don't know - they might be just leaving... my friends and family were slaughtered... so I think we should go to Kataris first." Alexa looks down as she speaks, nervously rubbing her toe on the floor.

userpay
2009-11-30, 09:38 PM
Jarus gave his face a vigorous rub, such a difficult choice. On one hand the disappearance of races could well affect the entire world whereas the slaughtering of villages is an equally pressing issue. Listening to Alexa he gave a shallow nod.
“Well I can see where you’re coming from, at least you had a family to avenge while I had a group I grew up with that I considered family. The thing is both are pressing matters and yet both could be related to the other. It seems like it would be rather odd for so many races to pack up and leave without a word, yet we don’t know what we’ll face in either case anyway. I’m sorry to say but I’m not really sure which we should attend first.” He looked up at the other two women. “What do you two think? After all this may apply to you more than me.”

Scow2
2009-11-30, 11:02 PM
Sartharina listened to the discussion, trying to think around the growing discomfort of her outfit. "Does anybody have anything to write on?" Sarth asked after a moment, not having the time to convey her idea verbally. "I say we head to the dale first... I'll write out my reasoning to save everyone an earful..."

Sky Pilot
2009-12-01, 01:45 AM
Pablha nods at Alexias and Jarus's replies. At Sartharinas answer she replies

I cannot read

She ponders the position somewhat more.

I only wish to travel, where we go first is not of vital importance to me and Like Jarus I am not personally committed either way. I respect your desire for vengeance against your enemies Alexia. I would say that should go to the Vale first. If we are to find information on the "threat" there then we are most likely to be in a better position confronting our enemies and being victorious. I would say that a vengeance well prepared is better than one that does not strike down your ancestors enemies, especially if you have no other kin to finish off the job if you fail.

Sartharina, this problem would also seem to have an impact on you and your people? Do you have information of disappearances of this among your people?

DragoonWraith
2009-12-01, 06:10 AM
Alexa
"Of course, going to the Vale is also important. I did not mean to have my personal feelings come before what's best..."

Scow2
2009-12-02, 04:36 PM
Sartharina shrugged in response to the question. "No, there haven't been any problems of disappearances. If the reason is due to the ban on arcane magic... It carries no weight in Illuria." She answered to the best of her ability. "Also... we have no leads on the attack on your kin... So we could end up wasting time that could be discovered from our other leads." She tried to summarize her reasoning, since she lacked the paper to write down every aspect of her decision, and would have hated to read it aloud for the Barbarian's benefit.

userpay
2009-12-02, 07:42 PM
"Well lets look at it this way, the disappearance of the races affects many regions more or less while as far as we know the village disappearances are confined to one or two regions. And like I said before both problems might be connected." Jarus glanced at Alexa. "As much as I'd want to find out about the villages I believe the race issue should be taken care of first."

Sky Pilot
2009-12-03, 05:57 AM
Nods at the others answers.

Then it sounds like we are agreed on going to the Vale first. If Yorigal is right then at in anything we will be more prepared for when we do move on to the Orysis mountains, maybe by the time we come back more information may have come to light as well. What about other preparations?

DragoonWraith
2009-12-03, 06:17 AM
Alexa
Alexa bows her head, and says "You seem right, we should go to the Vale. I am sorry if I let personal causes get in the way...

"We'll need armor, weapons, shelter and provisions, I think..."

userpay
2009-12-03, 10:58 AM
Jarus spread his hands as if to indicate his current lack of equipment.
"What you see is what I have. Lets just say when I was "recruited" I lost all my things and don't stand much of a chance getting them back. Besides an armory will probably be better stocked than I ever was."

Archangelat
2009-12-04, 02:17 PM
(I am assuming you guys are in agreement about going on the Vale quest.)

After coming to an agreement, a slight knock was heard on the King's chamber doors.

"I am glad to see that you four have reached a decision as I know it must have been hard for some of you," consoled Yorigal with a slight glance at Alexa.

"Rest assured as the disappearance of the village will be investigated as well.

Now if there is no further questions, Chrotius here will see to imbedding my seal into each of you. Afterwards, he will guide you to the courtyard where your supplies will be awaiting you.

I have assigned Alochius of Protia to serve as your guide into the Vale as its entry is quite elusive. Lastly, please take this map that Arcadius has created for all of you to use while traveling the lands."

(The new more detailed map may be found here (http://5549332340881362697-a-1802744773732722657-s-sites.googlegroups.com/site/dndcampaigns/home/altab/AltabZoom02.pdf?attachauth=ANoY7cqwTrhCwfNFLEfrukz xGoqar7CZ_K5C_aSTxVY319FU8Z5zaKbRANlvts7EvFNMQbOZJ 6rW66QYAT4sP0wQq_sE2m8_v6lRWfNCe5Fmr4yuj2qUPF6Aq1j rMZYojMAZDK2jVLLrvLG3UopjBzy8vFxxc8lz4TMVEjUbCRNka aq6WDtK0V0xlezuuFGZIuXqlo8HmFeYHyu1oQcg-VWs1gVlsFFZHw%3D%3D&attredirects=0))

"Chrotius, if you will."

"My pleasure your greatness!" exclaimed Chrotius as he bowed and retreated towards the party while facing the High King.

"Oh before you take leave, would you mind taking little Cumulus with you?" asked Yorigal indicating the floating cloud pet that was now taking a nap.

"He has been quite bored being cooped up in here and there is little arcane magic for him to be feeding on. I am sure he will be thrilled with the visit to the Vale."

(Once you guys agree or disagree, I will move you guys along to the next point).

userpay
2009-12-04, 09:30 PM
Jarus eyed the napping creature not sure what to make of it. It doesn't look like much but if it feeds on magic, that in itself could be useful... He nodded.
"Aye I do not mind if litte Cumulus comes along."
Jarus's eyes then trailed to Chrotius's back as the man backed towards the group. He felt a little wary of the impending, ahem, branding that was to occur but considering the potenial punishments staying where he had been it wouldn't be much.

Sky Pilot
2009-12-04, 10:34 PM
Frowns at the embedding seal comment, not knowing what this exactly entails. She regards the "pet" carefully but see's no harm in bringing it along. She nods in agreement with Jarus.

DragoonWraith
2009-12-05, 03:32 AM
Alexa
Alexa immediately agrees, with an awkward bow. "Of course, your majesty."

Scow2
2009-12-05, 04:33 PM
Sartharina looked at the cloud... thing... not sure whether it was insanely wierd or insanely cute... But she herself was insanely wierd, and loved insanely wierdly cute things. "Here cumulous! Cloudycloudycloudy, Come over here cloudycloudycloudycloudy," she chirruped at it, forgetting anything of importance said in the last five minustes as she became reaware of and fixated on the overwhelming cuteness of the cloud-thing. After a few moments, she lapsed into a pidgin of Feline and Celestial, sparing the party from having to listen to the increasing inanity of her comments directed to the cloud she was trying to call over.

Sky Pilot
2009-12-05, 06:48 PM
Pablha is fascinated by Sarths reaction... maybe she intends to eat it? Prehaps the cloud thing is on the end of the magic eating creature food chain? She is genuinely amazed that this race ever had the attention span to build a city. Should be an interesting trip.