PDA

View Full Version : Evil but Useful

Forevernade
2009-11-19, 09:51 PM
Ok so I am playing an imp, just because I want to play an imp. I want a cultural excuse to be devious and untrustworthy, and I dont mind if I get killed, its just for fun.

But, because I am going into a crypt crawl, I want to still be useful to my party, or at least look useful. So I was thinking of doing this build at ECL 15:

1 combat expertise
familiar alertness, improved evasion
imp 4 two weapon fighting
imp 7 blindfight
rogue 8 +d6sa + traps
dungeon delver 9 deep survival, trap sense +1
10 feat*
dungeon delver 10 reduce 1/day, stone cunning
dungeon delver 11 augury 1/day, skill mastery (7)
exemplar 12 skill artistry (sleight of hand), skill mastery (5)

Pitting the players against eachother by using sleight of hand mid-combat, could be fun.

Any other builds which can cause mass-mayhem whilst still looking like a useful dungeon crawler? I havent figured out how to make my Imp a Super-Survivor yet, and the only way i can think of getting damage is to trade levels for rogue/sneakattackfightervariant...

Thx

Forevernade
2009-11-20, 12:11 AM
OK after 50 views and no replies maybe I should display things a bit more conveniently.

Given these stats, what would you add as class levels for up to 5 levels?

Str 18, Dex 17, Con 17, Int 18 , Wis 20 , Cha 5

+2AC (size)
+2AB (size)
+8Hide (size)
lifting capacity x0.5
speed 20ft
fly 50ft perfect
subtype: (evil, lawful)
poison immunity
darkvision 60ft
fast healing 2
polymorph 2 forms: rat, boar
regen/holy,blessed,acid
fire resistance 5
dr5/silver,holy
+3natural armour
detect good, detect magic, invisibility, suggestion, DC(HD)
commune 6 questions 1/week CL12
3 feats*

Coidzor
2009-11-20, 12:25 AM
All I can think of is Rogue 1-3 + 2-4 sneak attack upping classes. Maybe swashbuckler for daring outlaw but... that might occupy all of your levels just to get that.

For Rogue, at least, there's probably a variant that you could use to trade trap sense for something useful too.

Forevernade
2009-11-20, 01:06 AM
All I can think of is Rogue 1-3 + 2-4 sneak attack upping classes. Maybe swashbuckler for daring outlaw but... that might occupy all of your levels just to get that.

For Rogue, at least, there's probably a variant that you could use to trade trap sense for something useful too.

Trap Sense isn't useful? it's a dungeon crawl after all, traps galore.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-11-20, 01:07 AM
Trap Sense isn't useful? it's a dungeon crawl after all, traps galore.

But Penetrating Strike is much better.

Coidzor
2009-11-20, 01:10 AM
Well it doesn't give you all that much, at least if I'm recalling correctly, even up to like a +4 or so, just doesn't make that much of a difference in the long run. But I can't for the life of me recall if there's anything to trade for it in any specifics other than a vague feeling of having seen something once.

Also, sorry, I forgot that you'd already taken a level of rogue.