PDA

View Full Version : I have a great group, but due to my family business I have a problem. What do I do?

Pika...
2009-11-20, 03:12 AM
I have a (mostly_) great group I a have been playing with for around two years now. Currently there are three rotating DMs who switch each week (I used to be the fourth, but that was a whole other problem).

The issue is that due to my family business picking up again I can not afford to elave that day blank anymore. You see, I only play under two of the DMs as of about a year ago. This is because the third DM lost my trust. He lost it completely and utterly. The problem lies that said DM never knows if he willing be working a shift on Saturdays until around 11pm the night before (Friday). Therefore, the group rarely know who's campaign will be up the next week.

Due to the family business, and my college work I can no longer afford to always leave my Saturdays blank until 11pm the night before. And to be honest, even if I could I am getting tired of it.

Any suggestions from the more experienced gamers on what I should do?

Many pikas in advance!

BobVosh
2009-11-20, 03:15 AM
talk it out with your group, really the only way.

Pika...
2009-11-20, 03:17 AM
talk it out with your group, really the only way.

I sent a group email out to them last week. Not a single reply. I just sent another explaining things in more detail. :smallconfused:

Kylarra
2009-11-20, 03:19 AM
Communication is really the only solution here. You should probably iron out schedules as a matter of convenience for everyone anyway.

Pika...
2009-11-20, 03:21 AM
Communication is really the only solution here. You should probably iron out schedules as a matter of convenience for everyone anyway.

Well, the not getting a single reply probably means either a) They all ignored my request, or b) they are talking together in private about me on this.

And like I said, his extremely unusual schedule means he never knows if he can come until 11pmish the night before. So a schedule would fall apart.

bosssmiley
2009-11-20, 08:47 AM
Work trumps game I'm afraid (where else do we get the money to buy our wonderful toys?). Sounds like you've already done the courteous thing Pika.

Hopefully your group will hold your place until you have time for fun again.