PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] PrC ideas for a gestalt Eberron airship pirate?

LemonSkye
2009-11-20, 05:26 AM
I'm currently playing in a modified gestalt game (meaning that our DM is allowing us to gestalt two prestige classes at the same time), and I have a problem. I'm about to enter 12th level, and I'm reconsidering the prestige class I was setting my character up to enter. She's a Saurian Shifter (from Dragon 328) Swashbuckler 1/Corsair 2(variant Fighter; Dragon 310)/Barbarian 3(with the Whirling Frenzy variant (Unearthed Arcana), the Lion Spiritual totem alternate class ability(Complete Champion), and the Dashing Step alternate class ability (Dragon 349))/Tempest 5//Scout 6/Thief-Acrobat 5. I'm taking the Leadership feat next level, so that I can enter Legendary Captain (Stormwrack) at 13th level, and I'm planning on taking a level of Battle Trickster (Complete Scoundrel) next level, so that I can fill in the gap between the last level of Tempest and the first level of Legendary Captain.

The problem is the other side of the build. I was setting myself up to enter Weretouched Master (at my DM's behest), but giving the class a second look, it doesn't really fit my character concept. She's built entirely for mobility, and the feral nature of the class doesn't fit with her urbane personality.

I've been looking through books trying to find something to replace Weretouched Master with, but I haven't really found anything that jumps out at me. I'm considering Fortune's Friend (Complete Scoundrel), and I like Legendary Leader (Heroes of Battle), but the latter would require me to wait until 13th level (because it requires the Leadership feat), and I'm really looking for something I can get into next level.

Her Shifter traits are Junglerunner and Raptorleap, and she has the Leaping Climber and Extreme Leap skill tricks. For feats, I have Tireless (Dragon 318), Tactile Trapsmith (Complete Adventurer), Two Weapon Fighting, Improved Two Weapon Fighting, Expeditious Dodge (Races of the Wild, counts as Dodge for entry requirements), Mobility, Spring Attack, Acrobatic Skirmisher (Dragon 346), and Shifter Agility (Races of Eberron). My DM will probably let me swap out Shifter Agility for another feat, but that's the only change I can make to my current build.

Tome of Battle is completely banned, so that's right out, as is any class that revolves around dancing (such as Dervish), because my DM thinks dancing in battle is silly. Aside from that, we're limited to anything out of WotC books or Dragon Magazine, including the Dragon Compendium. The character herself has a deep hatred for House Lyrandar, so any class revolving around them is best avoided. I'm also not averse to taking more levels in a base class, if that's what my best option would be.

So, thoughts?

Raiki
2009-12-07, 09:32 PM
Okay...first I have to point out how ridiculously convoluted that build is. I just had to spend 20 minutes looking up all those classes. To this I must only say...well done.

Anyway, If the DM hadn't banned Dervish, I'd say go with that. Other than that, have you considered a level of PsyWar to snag Bounding Assault? I'm not positive what the prereqs are b/c I'm away from my copy of PHBII, but you could do worse considering how well it would add to your build. Skirmish+Spring Attack/Bounding Assault/ Rapid Blitz +Two Weapon Spring Attack = Awesomesauce.

Also, a level of PsyWar would give you the ability to get a power or two for a bit more versatility.

Anywho, them's my 2 coppers.

~R~