PDA

View Full Version : How to play six heavenly redeemers?

Sir_Chivalry
2009-11-20, 11:25 AM
In my upcoming game, I'm planning on having the party mainly be foiled by a more popular team of heroes within the city they adventure in. This "shadow party" consists of varied alignments and is led by a mysterious man.

That being said, I also wanted to make another group of npc's, one that works more on the side of the pcs than the "Delvers of Darkness". I resolved to actually make a team I've wanted to make for years, a purely LG team. A defender of sealtiel (fighter), an emissary of barachiel (factotum), fist of raziel (barbarian/cleric), initiate of pistis sophia (monk), prophet of erathol (sorcerer), slayer of domiel (rogue/former assassin). (all PrCs from Book of Exalted Deeds)

I'm planning on having the team be made up of people either who were evil or come from evil backgrounds, trying to make a go of it in the world of exalted good. For some reason the Order of Illumination (Complete Adventurer) wants them either captured or dead, and the party doesn't like this idea.

I was wondering if any of you guys had any ideas for this exalted group of npcs? For that first adventure involving them, I'm planning on having the Order send the pcs to hunt them down, and we will see where it goes from there. Any suggestions?

Duke of URL
2009-11-20, 01:02 PM
First, you get six really large sticks...

(Sorry I'm not more helpful...)

SparkMandriller
2009-11-20, 01:17 PM
Make each of them wear a different colour, and have them introduce themselves and pose before fighting. That's like, the most good team thing imaginable.

Sir_Chivalry
2009-11-20, 11:04 PM
First, you get six really large sticks...

(Sorry I'm not more helpful...)

I'm sorry. I don't get the reference.

Draz74
2009-11-20, 11:22 PM
I'm sorry. I don't get the reference.

It's in here (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0223.html).

Sir_Chivalry
2009-11-21, 12:08 AM
It's in here (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0223.html).

Oh...I see what you did there. I've always been of the belief that "good is not polite, well mannered, prudish, self-righteous, or naive, though good-aligned characters might be some of those things." (BoED pg 5, emphasis mine)

I get it. They're LG, therefore they have sticks up there. (If the reverse holds true, that is a great way to make a anti-anti-paladin.)

I've got a simple outline for them so far, let me know what you think.

Emissary of Barachiel- Thenini, female celadrin (elf/firre eladrin) factotum. Wasn't above using her good looks and natural charm to rob and disadvantage all sorts of people, but ran afoul of a cleric of Pelor, who deemed the woman to be lacking in moral structure. After weeks of education and spiritual assisstance, the cleric let Thenini go back into the world, and she feels that all should see the warmth of good for themselves as she has.

Slayer of Domiel- Valerie Grel, female worghest (barghest/goblin) rogue/assassin. Worked for the criminal guilds once upon a time as a cleaner, making bodies disappear and problems go away. A near-death experience showed her a glimpse of what she had waiting, and now she works just as hard she ever did, but with a new payout at the "end of the day".

Prophet of Erathol- Stephanie, female elan sorcerer. She and Alexander (see below) were created from the forms of two great villains, in Steph's case the sorceress Amelia, who attempted to attain godhood. The pair of elans were mentored and trained by an inspired psion until they broke free from his control. Stephanie is also a celestial mystic (BoED)

Initiate of Pistis Sophia- Acolyte Tinuviel, a female feytouched monk, her only sin was being the grandaughter of the sorceress Amelia, and daughter of her daughter the dread warlock Wren. The amount evil inherent in both fiendish and unseelie blood from her maternal bloodline is difficult to quell, and Tinuviel has taken all the sacred oaths she can in order to bind her soul both strongly to good.

Fist of Raziel- Thomas Greyhaft, male human ex-barbarian/paladin/cleric. Always an angry young man, Thomas killed one of his neighbours in a fit of rage, and was due to hang for it. A last minute pardon from the local church convinced Thomas he might have made the wrong life choices, and he sought to pour his rage into more exalted purposes.

Defender of Sealtiel- Alexander, male elan fighter, great fascination with wolves. Was formerly the great werewolf lord Rorek, until being reborn as the elan he now is.

Sir_Chivalry
2009-11-22, 10:47 PM
{Scrubbed. Please don't bump threads or double post.}