PDA

View Full Version : Genesis

industrious
2009-11-20, 01:46 PM
Genesis. One of the most abusable, if not the most abusable spells available. I've heard about varying the time trait, but exactly what planar traits are allowable for the spell?

Stegyre
2009-11-20, 02:10 PM
N.A.G.T. (Not Another Genesis Thread)

This discussion/debate/argument has been held at least twice over in the past few months. If you will search this forum for "Genesis," you should find the threads. These threads debate the very issue you raise, and there are no new arguments, so search, read to your heart's content, and draw your own conclusions.

KillianHawkeye
2009-11-20, 07:10 PM
Genesis? :smalleek: Genesis allowed is not! Is planet forbidden! :smallmad:

:smallwink:

mohdri
2009-11-21, 12:50 AM

I laughed a lot at this.

sonofzeal
2009-11-21, 12:59 AM
As I've often said around these parts - there's a substantial RAW argument that planar traits cannot be set. The relevant line.

The spellcaster determines the environment within the demiplane when he or she first casts genesis, reflecting most any desire the spellcaster can visualize. The spellcaster determines factors such as atmosphere, water, temperature, and the general shape of the terrain.

Planar traits don't exactly belong under "environment", and almost certainly can't be "visualized", and definitely don't belong on the list that follows that sentence.

Samb
2009-11-21, 01:03 AM
N.A.G.T. (Not Another Genesis Thread)

This discussion/debate/argument has been held at least twice over in the past few months. If you will search this forum for "Genesis," you should find the threads. These threads debate the very issue you raise, and there are no new arguments, so search, read to your heart's content, and draw your own conclusions.

how to search GitPG forums? Me no see search box

Green Bean
2009-11-21, 01:10 AM
how to search GitPG forums? Me no see search box

It's in the brown bar that has a link to your Control Panel. Third link from the right.

BobVosh
2009-11-21, 01:25 AM
It's in the brown bar that has a link to your Control Panel. Third link from the right.

Holy Crap! I have just always used google.

Er. IGNORE ME!

Another_Poet
2009-11-21, 01:51 AM
It is better to use Google because there's no wait time between searches when you inevitably realise you need a better search string.

Try this on a google search:

site:giantitp.com genesis -sega

Cicciograna
2009-11-21, 11:25 AM

OndoyanteTorka good female *laugh* *laugh*