PDA

View Full Version : Help with a character

koldstare
2009-11-20, 04:26 PM
I am building a character for an upcoming game and was hoping for advice here it is.

Basic character concept is a hand to hand fighter focusing on animal forms to boost combat ability while using magic to supplement combat and for utility.

Tiran lvl 5 druid/monk gestalt with VOP (Modified devotion to neutrality rather than good DM approved)
I don't really have a race picked out, but am considering human. My DM is allowing just about everything but no psionics or TOB.

Feat selection is sacred vow and VOP at 1 and 3 unless i do go with human when i will take both at 1st. My monk feats are stunning fist and combat reflexes. At 6th my feat will be natural spell.

If anyone has feat, class, race, skill or any other advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Starscream
2009-11-20, 04:40 PM
If shapeshifting is your main shtick and you don't care about spells, consider either Druid/Master of Many Forms (which sacrifices spells for more versatile wild shaping) or Barbarian/Bear Warrior (which gives you increasingly powerful bear forms).

If you DO want good spells, just plain druid is one of the best builds ever. Great spells, forms, an animal companion for flanking. No down side. Best class in the game after Wizard (and some Cleric builds)

VoP is generally pretty weak, but druids can pull it off, especially if they spend most of their time wild shaped (most gear becomes useless then anyway).

And be a human. Who cares about ability tradeoffs when you spend most of your time as an animal? The bonus feat will be handy, especially since druids don't get very many.

Dusk Eclipse
2009-11-20, 04:55 PM
If shapeshifting is your main shtick and you don't care about spells, consider either Druid/Master of Many Forms (which sacrifices spells for more versatile wild shaping) or Barbarian/Bear Warrior (which gives you increasingly powerful bear forms).

If you DO want good spells, just plain druid is one of the best builds ever. Great spells, forms, an animal companion for flanking. No down side. Best class in the game after Wizard (and some Cleric builds)

VoP is generally pretty weak, but druids can pull it off, especially if they spend most of their time wild shaped (most gear becomes useless then anyway).

And be a human. Who cares about ability tradeoffs when you spend most of your time as an animal? The bonus feat will be handy, especially since druids don't get very many.

Since it is a gestalt he could take Master of Many forms on the monks side and continue pure druid on the other side

koldstare
2009-11-20, 05:02 PM
I hadn't really planned advancement past 5th though MOMF does sound good.