PDA

View Full Version : [3.5]Eberron Posession Question

Beelzebub1111
2009-11-20, 09:31 PM
If a fiend possesses somebody using the ECS rules, Do they get to keep their spell-like abilities? What about Supernatural abilities? like...can a Nalfeshnee possessing someone use their Smite ability?

What about when the possess objects?

Beelzebub1111
2009-11-21, 10:28 AM
Bumping this thread.

Kol Korran
2009-11-21, 12:44 PM
i don't know of a specific ruling, but as i play it- unless the possesed form is physically incapable of doing the spell like abilities (like eybite attack when using a grimlock) or supernatural powers, then it's ok. this may be a bit more problematic for objects- i'd allow a possesed sword to smite, but not a fountain unless some one was smacked to it.

hope this helps,
Kol.

Beelzebub1111
2009-11-21, 07:22 PM
i don't know of a specific ruling, but as i play it- unless the possesed form is physically incapable of doing the spell like abilities (like eybite attack when using a grimlock) or supernatural powers, then it's ok. this may be a bit more problematic for objects- i'd allow a possesed sword to smite, but not a fountain unless some one was smacked to it.

hope this helps,
Kol.
So it's a DM-to-DM thing. I was hoping for a hard-rules thing, but I'll take it.

AslanCross
2009-11-21, 07:30 PM
Just a note: (Sp) abilities are explicitly stated to be a completely mental action. No components. If the possessed form is capable of mental actions, I'd say the possessing outsider should still be able to fire them off.

EDIT:

For your reference. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm)
After quickly browsing the ECS, I think possessors should be able to use them as they are able to act mentally anyway.