PDA

View Full Version : [3.x] +4 Con Belt

Ostien
2009-11-20, 10:18 PM
Okay so here is the situation. My DM is worried about a few in our group who are min-maxers and general pains. I understand that, they do get annoying and are terrible min-maxers and throws of the majority of the group who are more of RPers. So now that that is out of the way...

I wanted to buy a +4 Con boosting belt. This would seem simple as it is just like any boosting item, bonus squared times 1,000 make it a belt and presto! This would seem to be even easier as the body affinity slot for "belt" is marked "physical improvement" in the DMG, where the neck slot is "Protection" and "Discernment" Making the Amulet of Health seem like an odd item that should not exist by WotC own system.

However, because of the aforementioned min-maxers my DM is not allowing any custom items in. The only item I found that is a belt is in Arms and Equipment , Belth of Endurance, and is a +2 to Con and gives the great fortitude feat. This item costs 10,000 iirc so that is 4,000 for the +2 and a whopping 6,000 for a mediocre feat.

Anyone know of a listed item that is just a +4 con boost belt? or am I SoL on that front. Conversely for my purposes is there a belt that gives Natural Armor. I'm trying to make my character effective and fun in combat to go along with the fun of RP. Also it kind of irks me that other players are causing my reasonable request to be turned down. This post may just be a long shot and my have to just suck it up.

drengnikrafe
2009-11-20, 10:25 PM
EDIT Nevermind. I should probably read things before I post on them...
In any case, I do not know of any item that doesn't do that that isn't custom.

Milskidasith
2009-11-20, 10:27 PM
Belt of Magnificence +4.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-11-20, 10:29 PM
100,000 gp, +4 to all stats.

What is your character?

Ostien
2009-11-20, 10:35 PM
Belt of Magnificence +4.

Where is that in. And what exactly is it? is it:

100,000 gp, +4 to all stats.
Cause a bit out of my price range anyways.

Also I feel bad for starting this thread because I found a workable solution. It is kind of cheesy as my character is a rogue knife fighter (5 Rogue/5 Invisible Blade/1 Fighter and Now one in Master Thrower. It is the Belt of Priestly Might in MiC, +1 Natural Armor and +2 to Str for 6,000.

So yeah sorry I impulsively started a thread.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-11-20, 10:37 PM
As a Rogue, you can UMD a wand of Bear's Endurance, just fyi.

sonofzeal
2009-11-20, 10:38 PM
You want Magic Item Compendium, page 234.

Valid item locations for Con boosters are Throat, Torso, and Waist. Official ruling.

Ostien
2009-11-20, 10:41 PM
As a Rogue, you can UMD a wand of Bear's Endurance, just fyi.

Yeah, thought of that but eh rather not keep track of something like that. Pure lazy. Which is odd since I usually play casters. Oh well.

Valid item locations for Con boosters are Throat, Torso, and Waist. Official ruling.

Thanks! :smallbiggrin:

Mongoose87
2009-11-20, 10:52 PM
You could take the Amulet of Health +4 straight out of the SRD. Not a belt, I know, but still a possible solution.

Emmerask
2009-11-20, 10:57 PM

By the sound of it mic is not allowed ;)

+2/4/6 all stats belt is from Miniatures Handbook if its allowed it solves your problem if not there is ONLY the the +2con, great foritude belt nothing else sorry :smalleek:

or
just forget about natural armor if you donīt build a min/max ac build ac isnīt worth it anyway so buy the amulet of health+4 ;)

Ostien
2009-11-20, 11:06 PM
Yeah this is my most min/maxed character and really I just want to have to retreat less from battle or not die so I can role play more :smallwink: Plus the combat aspect is central to his character he is a gladiatorial knife fighter, so I want him to be good in combat to enhance that character aspect, so he can solo some big things for a bit.

I actually am going just with the Amulet of Health +4 and one of my other characters who is a Cleric of Lilara/Sune from another game is going to gift his little brother with the belt of Priestly Might (Sune). Fyi, we have three games going all in the same universe :smallbiggrin: