PDA

View Full Version : (3.5) Spelltouched feats - any worth it?

Grumman
2009-11-21, 02:49 AM
I've just started a new game playing a spellwarped creature, and I remembered these feats. They fit the theme, but are any of them worth it?

A link, for anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/buildingCharacters/spelltouchedFeats.htm)

thubby
2009-11-21, 03:36 AM
the stench one is decent-to-good for npcs or if you find some workaround.

life leech is again great for an npc, and great if your dm favors using lots of little critters.

taltamir
2009-11-21, 03:36 AM
some look nice in certain situational cases...

For example:

False Pretenses [Spelltouched]
Those who try to charm you get an unpleasant surprise.

Prerequisite
Exposure to charm or dominate spell.

Benefit
When you succeed on a save against a charm or compulsion effect, the character trying to charm or compel you believes that you failed your save. You can play along voluntarily if you wish to. if the charm or compulsion involves telepathic commands, you continue to receive them, although you aren't obligated to follow them.

Or this one:

Naturalized Denizen [spelltouched]
You are unusually anchored to your location.

Prerequisite
Exposure to dimensional anchor spell.

Benefit
You are never treated as an extraplanar creature (and you lose the extraplanar subtype). Thus, you can't be affected by a banishment or dismissal spell or similar effects that send extraplanar creatures back to their home planes.

They look to be too situational for a PC to take unless used to flesh out a backstory / flavor. But interesting to apply to NPCs.

Fishy
2009-11-21, 04:48 AM
Live My Nightmare: Two saves at a lowish DC isn't all that effective, but you have to approve of a feat that makes Paladins spontaneously drop dead around you.

Radar
2009-11-21, 04:57 AM
@Fishy
It's more then that: since you have to make a decision, whether send the nightmeres or not, you allways know, when you are scryed upon. It's not explicitly stated, but is necessary IC and OOC. It's a lot more useful, then it shows at the first sight.

Plus it has a nice flavor. :smallcool:

Sliver
2009-11-21, 05:26 AM
I agree.. The feats are interesting but most are situational enough that you may work with the DM to get them without using a feat, if you are feat hungry or getting it before having access to an extra feat and not get a new feat next time you should get it, if you have the feats to spare.

Grumman
2009-11-21, 05:50 AM
Thanks for your input, everyone. I've got 3 feats still unallocated by level 20 so far, so I could take Live My Nightmare and still have room for other things, if the opportunity presents itself.