PDA

View Full Version : Slight Build Wording

starwoof
2009-11-21, 04:20 AM
One of my gaming groups disagrees with me on the wording of slight build, specifically on kobolds. The way I read it, a small creature with slight build gets all the benefits of being tiny, such as the size modifier to hit and AC. According to the rest of the group, it ONLY affects squeezing and weapon sizes. We can't come to an agreement.

Please help!

Yora
2009-11-21, 04:31 AM
The physical stature of kobolds lets them function in many ways as if they were one size category smaller.
Whenever a kobold is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for an opposed check (such as Hide), the kobold is treated as one size smaller if doing so is advantageous to the character. (No bonus to attack and AC.)
A kobold is also considered to be one size smaller when "squeezing" through a restrictive space. (No bonus to attack and AC.)
A kobold can use weapons designed for a creature one size smaller without penalty. (No bonus to attack and AC.)
However, the space and reach of a kobold remain those of a creature of their actual size.
So I'm pretty sure they are right. It doesn't say anything about actual size or bonuses to attack and AC. Same is for powerful build, if I remember correctly.

starwoof
2009-11-21, 04:31 AM
Alright, that's good enough for me. I was trying to get a larger bonus for our group's kobold.:smallwink:

KillianHawkeye
2009-11-21, 11:30 AM
Yeah, Hide is pretty much the only opposed check that gains a benefit from being a smaller size, whereas Powerful Build gets it on Trip, Grapple, etc.