PDA

View Full Version : Alternative to a Scrying-mirror

MichielHagen
2009-11-21, 10:40 AM
I recently tried to learn the spell "Scrying", but then i noticed i needed a "Scrying-mirror". My DM didn't let me fit it in the Bag of Holding at first, but i now notice that a Bag of Holding is also 2ft by 4ft, we did not check it at that time, so maybe he will allow it now.

If he won't, what are my alternatives.

Do you know of another way to take the mirror with me, or are there items that specifically allow me to use that instead of the mirror, some kind of crystal ball or so.

jiriku
2009-11-21, 10:55 AM
I forget the name of it, but there's a trinket in the Magic Item Compendium that serves as a scrying focus. It's small enough to fit in your pocket. IIRC it was in the Tools chapter.

A crystal ball would actually eliminate the need for you to know the scrying spell in the first place, but those are quite expensive, whereas the trinket can be had for a song.

Jack_Simth
2009-11-21, 11:06 AM
I forget the name of it, but there's a trinket in the Magic Item Compendium that serves as a scrying focus. It's small enough to fit in your pocket. IIRC it was in the Tools chapter.

A crystal ball would actually eliminate the need for you to know the scrying spell in the first place, but those are quite expensive, whereas the trinket can be had for a song.

Scrying Shard is what you're looking for.

And the problem with Crystal Balls? The save DC is pretty much laughable.

MichielHagen
2009-11-21, 11:23 AM
Scrying Shard is excellent, thank you.

Thurbane
2009-11-21, 07:18 PM
Scrying Shard reminds me of a shew stone (http://www.experiencefestival.com/shew_stone).