PDA

View Full Version : New game with new players

Demons_eye
2009-11-21, 02:18 PM
One of the games I am going to be playing is going to be, mostly, for new players with the exception of one person and the DM but the one person is unknown skill wise and we don’t know what editions they play as it was forever ago.

At first I thought to roll up a melee and call it a day because that was not that powerful but I forgot we were playing with new people. My first game was played as an elf fighter with TwF, ya I know, and I had a blast. So I rethought it and decided I would go with a "buffer" type of person or if needed a healer or what ever role was needed.

I would like to be effective but helpful at the same time giving the new players a chance to have fun but not get killed in the process. So can anyone tell me of a fun/support class/build that can be helpful but not a band aid man? So far I have:

Cleric of Palor with Healing as a domain and spontaneous domain spells

Bard focusing on buffing and inspiration

Crusader with white raven moves

Marshal maybe as a dip

Wizard going into War Weaver and maybe some healing spells

Any advice? Power level hopefully low any book is available and the more core the better as he don’t have that many books to take to the game.
First leve:l starting stats are:

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-11-21, 02:25 PM
What level? Also, Cleric buffer is fairly easy. Chain Spell, Reach spell, and a couple things like DMM and similar, and you can toss a massive number of +s onto your allies, then focus on healing and the occasional FoM/Deathward with your remaining slots.

deuxhero
2009-11-21, 02:36 PM
Horizon Tripper fun in the lower power range.

Demons_eye
2009-11-21, 02:40 PM
First level but any build it ok for now as the I only know what one other player is going to be. a wood elf sniper/archer

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-11-21, 02:44 PM
Monks make a great supporting class because you will make them look great by comparison :smalltongue:

Demons_eye
2009-11-21, 07:43 PM
I know monk hate is strong and some people only joke but it is sad that I can't read one thread today without monk begin put down.