PDA

View Full Version : The seven avatars of sin (PEACH)

waterpenguin43
2009-11-21, 07:54 PM
After seeing the Seven Deadly Sin domains in SC, I decided that I would make a monster for each of them, starting with envy, than going to sloth, and making the others until they're all made:
Medium Outsider(Native)
13d8+52 (104hp)
Init:+5
Speed: 30ft (6 squares)
AC: 28 (+8 Envy's protection, +5 deflection, +5 dex), 28 touch, 23 flat-footed.
Base attack/Grapple: +13/ +15
Attack: +2 wounding scimitar (1d6+4/18-20 plus wounding and envious strike)
Full attack: +2 wounding scimitar +17/+12/+7 (1d6+4/18-20 plus wounding and envious strike)
Space/Reach: 5ft / 5ft
Special attacks: Spell-like abilities, Envious strike, Envious touch.
Special qualities:Dmage Reduction 15/silver and good, Envy's protection, Immune to enchantments, Resist fire, cold, electricity, acid, and sonic 10, SR 24, Outsider traits.
Saves: Fort +20, Ref +21, Will +17.
Abilities: STR 15 CON 18 DEX 21 INT 12 WIS 12 CHA 27
Skills: Survival +17, Search +17, Spot +17, Balance +21, Hide +21, Swim +18, Jump +18, Climb +18, Gather Information +24.
Feats: Track, Run, Empower spell-like ability(vampiric touch), Quicken spell-like ability (Ray of enfeeblement).
Environment: Any land
Organization: Solitary.
Challenge Rating: 15
Treasure: Double Standard
Alignment: Always Neutral Evil
Advancement: 14-18 HD (medium)
Level adjustment: -
Avatars of envy are green-skinned practitioners of envy, always coveting the powerful, rich and fortunate and trying to take from them and harm them. They are about 6 feet tall and unnaturally light (35 lbs). They speak Common and Infernal.
Combat
An avatar of envy takes sadistic pleasure in using all of it's many abilities in a way to leave her foes and leave them moaniing and useless before killing them.
Envious strike(Su): Every time an Avatar of envy hits with her scimitar, she takes one random maneuver, power or spell of the highest level they had prepared that her foe has prepared and can use it herself just as they would, as a Psionic power, she drains the minimum amount of needed power points for the power plus 1d6, and for spontaneous spells she takes a spell slot and can use it on any of the spells they had known. It can be negated with a DC 24 Will save.
Envious touch(Su): Once per week, an avatar of envy can infuse one person with her own terrible envy. To hit, she must succeed with a melee touch attack and the character gets a Will Save to resist (DC 24). On a failed save, the affected character begins to be envious of the highest ability of the nearest ally. They must make a Will save of the same DC to help the character in any way. This effect lasts until the affected character's ability that they covet exceeds the other character's (even temporarily).
Envy's protection(Su): The avatar of envy adds it's Charisma modifier to AC and all saves.
Spell-like abilities: at will: Disguise self, Ray of enfeeblement, Touch of idiocy, Vampiric touch. 3/per day: Quickened ray of enfeeblement, Empowered vampiric touch, Crushing despair, Bestow Curse. 1/per day: Enervation, Magic jar. 1/per year: Limited Wish.

Huge Outsider(Native)
16d8+112 (176 hp)
Init: -3
Speed: 5 ft (1 square)
AC: 32 (+25 natural, -3 dex), 7 touch, 32 flat-footed.
Base attack/ Grapple: +16/+29
Attack: Slam +21 (2d6+9)
Full attack: 4 Slams +21/+16/+11/+6 (2d6+9 each)
Space/Reach: 20ft/10ft
Special attacks: Improved grab.
Special qualities: Damage Reduction 20/Lawful and adamantine, Form of the lazy, Immune to acid, Resist fire and cold 20, SR 26, Outsider traits.
Saves: Fort: +19 Ref: +7 Will: +16
Abilities: STR 29 CON 25 DEX 5 INT 9 WIS 18 CHA 6
Skills: Sense Motive +23, Bluff +17, Intimidate +17, Spot +23, Search +18, Concentration +26, Diplomacy +17.
Feats: Great Fortitude, Iron Will, Power Attack, Improved Grapple, Improved Natural Attack, Imporved Bull Rush
Environment: Any land
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 15
Treasure: Double Standard
Alignment: Always Chaotic Neutral
Advancement: 17-21 HD (huge).
Level Adjustment: -
Avatars of sloth look like very fat, hairy and strong humans. Unlike the other avatars of sin, the avatar of sloth is generally not malevolent, but extremely stubborn and lazy.They speak Common. They are about 16 feet tall on the very rare occasion that they fully stand up and weigh around 6600 lbs.
Combat
Though it is usually peaceful, an avatar of sloth will be very angry if awakened. It prefers to grapple one foe and pummel it, while the others succumb to it's form of the lazy.
Form of the lazy(Su): Anyone who can see the avatar of sloth within 70 ft of an avatar of sloth must make a DC 22 Will Save each round to resist falling prey to the sloth that it embodies, causing you to fall asleep. A successful save indicates being fatigued instead. The sleep lasts 1d4 rounds, though you can fall asleep again once the duration is over, and if anyone tries to wake you before the duration expires, you must try to attack them with one of the highest level combat spells you have or a melee weapon if you have no combat spells accessible.
Improved Grab(Ex): An avatar of Sloth can attempt to initiate a grapple as a free action after a successful slam attack and does not provoke attacks of opportunity when it grapples.

Dusk Eclipse
2009-11-21, 08:00 PM
Not sure but I think you cam PM a mod to move the thread

Edit: Nevermind it then

deuxhero
2009-11-21, 08:13 PM
No slight of hand ranks?

Krimm_Blackleaf
2009-11-21, 08:53 PM
No slight of hand ranks?

That's probably more a Greed thing.

waterpenguin43
2009-11-21, 10:27 PM
It is. The envy avatar is more bent on harming those who have something it covets.
Edit: Sloth has arrived.

Nero24200
2009-11-22, 07:12 AM
Just a few ideas/surgestions

I wouldn't mind seeing envy having a alter-self/disguise-self/polymorph-esc ability, since the idea of envy is wanting what other people have.

As for sloth, I wouldn't mind seeing an aura or attack which causes targets to make a save or become fatigued, then exhuasted, then put to sleep.

Caldarin
2009-11-23, 08:56 PM
I know this isn't very productive, but looking at the Avatar of Sloth, all I can think of Snorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrlax.....

waterpenguin43
2009-11-25, 08:29 PM
I know this isn't very productive, but looking at the Avatar of Sloth, all I can think of Snorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrlax.....

Me too, actually. Wrath and Greed should be up by Sunday (Or in 3 days, for me)