PDA

View Full Version : So, I'm going to be playing the Tomb of Horrors...

industrious
2009-11-21, 10:24 PM
So, I'm going to be playing the Tomb of Horrors, and thankfully, it's gestalt. I'm going factotum 9//something, and was looking for suggestions. There are two caveats, though: it's themed gestalt, so I have to relate to "air" somehow, and one of my feats is taken(Trap Sensitivity). Any suggestions?

Jade_Tarem
2009-11-21, 10:50 PM
Something/Air Elemental Savant? It's almost a full caster, and it doesn't get more Air themed than that.

Alternatively, there's Rich Burlew's Air themed Rogues over in the Gaming section of the site.

Tavar
2009-11-21, 11:01 PM
Raptoran Skypledged?

I'd stay away from the Savant. It really doesn't give much air flavor except the capstone, where you get a fly speed. If it was anywhere near finished, I suggest my Furycrafter, but, well, it's not.

industrious
2009-11-21, 11:21 PM
What book is the Raptoran Skypledged from?

Ganurath
2009-11-21, 11:29 PM
Might I suggest a Warlock with Improved Flight, taking the Fell Flight invocation at 6th level? For the Tomb of Horrors, you can't go much better than Warlock without going with a homebrew like the Badass class.

taltamir
2009-11-21, 11:30 PM
the original solution to the tomb of horrors was to abuse the cohort/follower system and send in hundreds of people to spring the traps...

Nowadays you can do something far more ethical and cheap... take a reserve feat for summoning... basically gives you unlimited summon monster 1.
You can just have it trip all the traps for you :). And since it is created by the spell, there is no moral issue with sacrificing it.

Asbestos
2009-11-21, 11:42 PM
Well, if we're doing homebrew, isn't there an Avatar D20? Just go Airbender as one of your base classes.

Inhuman Bot
2009-11-21, 11:45 PM
Remember the sphere of Annihlation in the statue's mouth!

I don't know how usefull it is, but I remember a class called the "Sharn Skymage", assumedly in Sharn: City of Towers, or Races of Ebberon.

I also recall there being an air themed presteige class in the Races of Forgotten Realms book. It was for Dwarves, though.

Tavar
2009-11-21, 11:46 PM
It's from Races of the Wild.

h2doh
2009-11-23, 09:45 PM
Half-air elemental is in the manual of the planes p189. You get some elemental immunities and the ability to cast some air-themed spells.