PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Need to statup this guy quick for a play tomorrow. What should he be?

Pika...
2009-11-21, 11:07 PM
So it turns out due to illness I got rid of the squirrel candy PC a bit early (who will stay an NPC in case the player does return). Now I need to take one of the isolated villages of the lost village they are in and quickly stat him as a PM by tomorrow morning.

Scroll down until you see Brian:
http://celestialkin.angelfire.com/Valley1.htm

So what should I make him?

Many Pikas in advance!

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-11-21, 11:14 PM
So, some sort druid or ranger whose animal companion is a sheep?

Pika...
2009-11-21, 11:16 PM
So, some sort druid or ranger whose animal companion is a sheep?

Well, this is a low-magic game. No PCs are allowed to start in any caster class besides Adept. I have worked with players to adjust the Adeptto be more playable in my houseruled system, but let's just say I doubt the village goddess would choose this individual as the future replacement for the current Adept.

ps. Hmm. Wouldn't that fall under using your position of authority to take advantage of an employee?

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-11-22, 12:05 AM
Level 2, I assume? Off the top of my head, I can't think of any class that gets a pet or companion of any sort that early. You could always build a Diplomancer with the feat to allow it to work on animals, but I doubt that's what you want. The Wild Cohort feat works, too.

Ooh, ooh. Idea! Do you play with errata? Because if not, make this guy a Scout, give him a longbow, and have him full-attack from the back of his pet sheep. Just have him pay for the sheep out of his WBL.

KillianHawkeye
2009-11-22, 12:46 AM
Anything with Handle Animal as a class skill. Maybe Ranger?

Pika...
2009-11-22, 12:47 AM
Level 2, I assume? Off the top of my head, I can't think of any class that gets a pet or companion of any sort that early. You could always build a Diplomancer with the feat to allow it to work on animals,

Where might this feat be?!

I love diplomatic characters, and yet I had never once came across this gem of a feat.

LOoh, ooh. Idea! Do you play with errata? Because if not, make this guy a Scout, give him a longbow, and have him full-attack from the back of his pet sheep. Just have him pay for the sheep out of his WBL.

Sorry, but although I have played a scout before I am not quite sure what you mean. What exactly is he doing?

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-11-22, 01:11 AM
Where might this feat be?!

I love diplomatic characters, and yet I had never once came across this gem of a feat.I thought someone had mentioned it in the diplomancer thread, but apparently, they were just saying that you should try to find one that does that. :smallfrown:
Sorry, but although I have played a scout before I am not quite sure what you mean. What exactly is he doing?Ranged Scout riding his Sheep. The Sheep moves, Brian gets moved 10', activating Skirmish, and because of the way the Ride rules work, can still full-attack.
Errata banned Skirmish activating via mount, however, which is stupid and annoying.