PDA

View Full Version : Item Creation: Immoliation

Daveo
2009-11-21, 11:15 PM
Another question, If I'm making a Mantle of Immoliation (Wounderous Item) what would be the apporate spell to use in the specs of the Mantle.

Mantle of Immoliation: This mantle bestows the wear with added protection and engulfs the wearer in flames (Green, Red, Orange or a combination). Any person with 5 feet of the wear starts to burn from the intense heat and are not allowed a saving throw, but are allowed a energy resistence to negeate to reduce the damage. It was rumored that the Mantle was first made by a Wizard in order to defeat a Warlock and his army of grubby grappling rats.

These Mantles are fashioned from the hide of a dragon and are tailored with cloth to match. Each one varies from maker to maker seeing how the orginal one is still in use by its owner.

+2 AC Bouns (Stacks w/Mage Armor and other Deflections)
Immoliation, Lesser: 1d6 Fire
Immoliation: 1d8
Immoliation, Greater: 2d6
(The wear does not take damage from the flames nor dose his gear passing through the field and he may suppress the flames at will.)

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-11-21, 11:17 PM
Check the spell Fire Shield in the PHB.

Animefunkmaster
2009-11-21, 11:25 PM
+2 AC Bouns (Stacks w/Mage Armor and other Deflections)

This is where you will run into problems. First, Mage Armor is an Armor bonus. Second, is it a Deflection bonus you are giving out here (stacks with armor and other deflection)? Third is cost. Random item that gives a stack-able bonus to AC should be expensive.

Daveo
2009-11-22, 08:07 PM
I think I've solved the problem with making it a different type of AC bonus, like luck or something so it doesnt over lap with deflection and or armor bonuses. But the over all cost of the cloak is 18,000 gold. I might just bump it to 20,000 for material coast and just have the cloak deal the 2d6 fire damage. Simply negating the over levels. If some on wanted to use them the lesser would start at 12,000, the normal on at 14,000 and the greater one costing the 18,000 gold.

sambo.
2009-11-22, 08:14 PM
hehe.....

certainly sounds like a wounderous itam!

Daveo
2009-11-23, 12:05 PM
To that sir i do say "Zing!" Hahaha.

Moriato
2009-11-23, 12:36 PM
Sounds a lot like the Body of the Sun spell, which I think is in the spell compendium, not sure where else it might be. It does something like 1d4 fire damage per 2 levels to anyone within 5 feet of you. It's a divine spell, though, not arcane, and doesn't give any kind of armor bonus. Logically I could see it giving some sort of small miss chance rather than ac bonus, because of heat distortion, and well... probably being really freaking bright and hard to look at.

P.S. I think the word you're looking for is "immolation" uless you purposely want that extra I in there, in which case disregard this.

Daveo
2009-11-23, 10:43 PM
Yeah, I had taken into account for that spell, but I found fireburst a better fit for arcane casting. I knew i was spelling it wrong lol, ty. As for the armor bonus I wanted something that a caster could use to added to his AC. Boosting both the normal and his Touch AC. This would make it harder for other cast with touch attacks to effect him and Ranged/melee. Granted a fighter could still hit him, it would be alot harder then normal. I could add in a minor displacement which would boost the cost, mmmm, lol. Its a personal crafted item for an npc/pc. I'm trying to not go too crazy, lol.