PDA

View Full Version : Cleric presteige classes

Inhuman Bot
2009-11-21, 11:51 PM
I'm playing in an Iron Kingdoms game, as a Trollkin Barbarian 2/Cleric 4.

It's going fine, but I like nifty class abilities, which clerics most defineately do not have. I'm trying to play as a buffer/CCer, with some healing powers on the side.

So I was wondering if anyone knew of a cleric presteige class that synergized well with a melee class.

Thanks. :smallsmile:

Eldariel
2009-11-22, 12:01 AM
You don't really need to synergize the Cleric PrC with melee classes given that Cleric spells do a lot of meleeing for you. That said, few options do exist:
Bone Knight [5Nations]
Fist of Raziel [BoED]
Knight of the Raven [EtCRavenloft]

They all lose a level of casting for full BAB. They also get a variety of handy abilities. Now, the true Cleric Warrior PrCs (Ordained Champion [CChamp], Ruby Knight Vindicator [ToB]) are kinda behind you already due to losing two more levels of casting, something that would really hamper your spell progression.

You can also go for the medium BAB full casting PrCs like Sacred Exorcist [CDiv], Radiant Servant [CDiv], Church Inquisitor [CDiv], Dweomerkeeper [CDiv Web] (Best. PrC. Ever.) or similars, and profit. There's also half BAB stuff around (you can fix that with Divine Power tho) that gets some help in form of great class features; examples include Divine Disciple [PGtF], Divine Oracle [CDiv] (goes great with Loremaster [DMG] to synergize the entry prerequisites and to get back the lost feat) and Contemplative [CDiv]. Then there's random stuff like Ruathar [RoTW], that works if you feel like it.

Note that some of this stuff is cross-settings (Bone Knight, Knight of the Raven and Divine Disciple), but with some persuasion, I'm sure that won't be a problem given the difficulty of finding stuff to suit your fancy in Iron Kingdoms.

Inhuman Bot
2009-11-22, 05:00 PM
Thanks. And I'm not really worried about optimizing. The only other caster is a gunmage, and we have a Fighter/Exemplar near the high end of power. That says something about our optimization level, I'm sure. :smalltongue:

Leon
2009-11-22, 09:22 PM
Dhunina, Devourer or Morrow?

Berserk Monk
2009-11-22, 09:48 PM
There's practically an entire book for them called Complete Divine.

Saintheart
2009-11-22, 09:50 PM
You don't really need to synergize the Cleric PrC with melee classes given that Cleric spells do a lot of meleeing for you. That said, few options do exist:
Bone Knight [5Nations]
Fist of Raziel [BoED]
Knight of the Raven [EtCRavenloft]

They all lose a level of casting for full BAB. They also get a variety of handy abilities. Now, the true Cleric Warrior PrCs (Ordained Champion [CChamp], Ruby Knight Vindicator [ToB]) are kinda behind you already due to losing two more levels of casting, something that would really hamper your spell progression.

You can also go for the medium BAB full casting PrCs like Sacred Exorcist [CDiv], Radiant Servant [CDiv], Church Inquisitor [CDiv], Dweomerkeeper [CDiv Web] (Best. PrC. Ever.) or similars, and profit. There's also half BAB stuff around (you can fix that with Divine Power tho) that gets some help in form of great class features; examples include Divine Disciple [PGtF], Divine Oracle [CDiv] (goes great with Loremaster [DMG] to synergize the entry prerequisites and to get back the lost feat) and Contemplative [CDiv]. Then there's random stuff like Ruathar [RoTW], that works if you feel like it.

Minor note here that the feat Practiced Spellcaster (CAr) also partially offsets the loss of casting levels when taking these PrCs, since it raises your caster level by 4 (but not above your hit dice.) It doesn't affect number of spells known or levels of spell known, only caster level, though, so as I say it's not a complete solution, but, well, it's something...

Inhuman Bot
2009-11-23, 12:33 PM
Dhunina, Devourer or Morrow?

Dhunia.

And BerserkMonk, I realize that, but not many of them would work to well with what I'm wanting. That, and I don't own CD.

Leon
2009-11-23, 11:40 PM
What books/Resources do you have available