PDA

View Full Version : Requesting Help With Moon/Lunar Spells

Shekanzhiokan
2009-11-22, 03:00 AM
I've been trying to find all of the moon/lunar spells and I'm having trouble with it. The DM for one of our campaigns said that I can use cleric or any moon related spells that I can find for the class he designed.

I was hoping that someone could tell me what spells there were related to the moon, or at least show me a place to find them myself. Thanks for any help ahead of time!!!

BobVosh
2009-11-22, 03:21 AM
should also ask about the feat...I can't remember what it is called but you prepare two sets of spells. Depending if it is day or night changes what spell list you use.

Shekanzhiokan
2009-11-22, 03:24 AM
Okay, thank you, I shall check on that one. That should prove especially useful.

Doc Roc
2009-11-22, 03:32 AM
There's Moonblade in the SpC, and in fact an entire Moon domain, with some lovely spells in it. Moonbow isn't actually too moon related, but it's one of few efficient blasty-spells in the game.

Shekanzhiokan
2009-11-22, 03:36 AM
I've been looking for a moon domain in some of the books we have here, and i find sun a great deal of the time, but never a moon for some reason.

Chrono22
2009-11-22, 03:39 AM
There were some moon/sun spells in a back issue of Dragon. Which one, and when, I do not recall.
Within the last two years that Paizo held the license, is the best I can say about it.

Shekanzhiokan
2009-11-22, 03:41 AM
I'll look to see if I can find it, thank you.

Nero24200
2009-11-22, 06:59 AM
Theres a few lycanthropy based spells in the Spell Compenduim that might suit your theme. Alternativly, if you're a wizard/sorcerer, spells like Charm, Fascinate etc already kinda suit the lunar theme, but theres also a few other moon themed spells in there too (like Low-Light Vision, not that useful but it suits the theme. And I beleive theres even a moon-based enchantment as well).

PairO'Dice Lost
2009-11-22, 07:13 AM
There were some moon/sun spells in a back issue of Dragon. Which one, and when, I do not recall.
Within the last two years that Paizo held the license, is the best I can say about it.

Dragon #340 is moon/sun/astrology themed, so that's probably the one you're thinking of; moon's change and silvered weapon are the moon spells. I have every 3e Dragon issue, so if people want a list or details of the moon-related feats/PrCs/spells/etc., I can provide that.

Thurbane
2009-11-22, 09:17 PM
From the Spell Compendium:

Countermoon (Drd 2)
Moon Blade (Moon 3)
Moon Bolt (Clr 4, Drd 4)
Moon Lust (Clr 3)
Moon Path (Moon 5)
Moonbeam (Moon 2)
Moonbow (Src/Wiz 5)
Moonfire (Moon 9)
Light of Lunia* (Clr 1, Src/Wiz 1)
Light of Mercuria* (Clr 2, Src/Wiz 2)
Light of Venya* (Clr 3, Src/Wiz 3)

Shekanzhiokan
2009-11-23, 02:41 AM
Thank you all so very much for your help, I think I'll be good with all of this information. Once again, thank you all and your wonderful knowledge of lunar-ness.