PDA

View Full Version : Lord And Lady

Fastmover
2009-11-22, 06:06 PM
Hey guys,

Ok I want to make this character;

http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt242/Curtis_T/black_knight_and_companion_by_sanda.jpg

Complete with his minion. But I'm not exactly sure how I want to make him. Give me your ideas on how you would make a char this epic. For my the game we were going to start out at level 6. No one has rolled for any stats or anything, I want to have an idea.

I was thinking of going Favored Soul way and my cohort Beguiler.

Radiun
2009-11-22, 06:12 PM
Hey guys,

Ok I want to make this character;

http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt242/Curtis_T/black_knight_and_companion_by_sanda.jpg

Complete with his minion. But I'm not exactly sure how I want to make him. Give me your ideas on how you would make a char this epic. For my the game we were going to start out at level 6. No one has rolled for any stats or anything, I want to have an idea.

I was thinking of going Favored Soul way and my cohort Beguiler.

HIS minion?

That is obviously a sorceress with a tricked-out Iron Golem,

Big MoFo who is immune to most magic?

Dispel-focused (with some domination sprinkling) Sorceress to dispel those other spells that would ruin his day?

Well let's just say it's definitely not something you'd like to run into at 6th level
Well

BRC
2009-11-22, 06:12 PM
Hrmm, He's looking pretty evil there. If I was making this I would go for a Fighter/Blackguard. Let's say Fighter 5 Blackguard 10.

Assuming you want the Lady to be lower level (You defined her as a Minion), I would go for either a Succubus, or if you want her to be human, a Rogue/Blackguard, let's say Rogue 7/Blackguard 4.

ALright, those numbers don't work for your level.

Fighter 5 Blackguard 1 then. Or just an evil Fighter 6. Really, it's all in the fluff. You could be a Wizard who uses illusion magic to make himself look like he's got armor on.

Fastmover
2009-11-22, 06:16 PM
HIS minion?

That is obciously a sorceress with a tricked-out Iron Golem,

Big MoFo who is immune to most magic?

Dispel-focused (with some domination sprinkling) Sorceress to dispel those other spells that would ruin his day?

Well let's just say it's definitely not something you'd like to run into at 6th level
Well

I know I know. I was going to start playing the char at 6th and then move up. I was thinking Leadership to get the Sorceress.

That bit about having her a dispel focus sounds really interesting... hmm..

Incompleat
2009-11-22, 06:21 PM
The real question is, what feat should the sorceress get in order for that dress not to fall down whenever she takes a step?

Radiun
2009-11-22, 06:22 PM
The real question is, what feat should the sorceress get in order for that dress not to fall down whenever she takes a step?

Lightning Reflexes

Calmar
2009-11-22, 06:23 PM
HIS minion?

That is obviously a sorceress with a tricked-out Iron Golem,

Yeah, I agree. To me it also looks, as if she was the one who got herself a minion. :smallbiggrin:

Lycanthromancer
2009-11-22, 06:23 PM
Blackguard sucks.

Go for an evil crusader. Crusader 6, with a lesser tiefling psion (reflavored as a sorcerer...ess).

Sorceress debuffs, while the crusader layeth the smacketh downeth.

Or a psion 6 with a warforged crusader 1.

Fastmover
2009-11-22, 06:24 PM
Pfft! That's my minion. And she would be flogged if she ever acquired such a feat.

BRC
2009-11-22, 06:24 PM
Nah, she just needs to have Disguise Self. She's actually wearing a rather practical top/pants combo. Durable enough to not get torn easily, loose enough to allow movement, and comfortable enough for her to wear. However, as that's no fun, she uses a spell to appear like she's wearing an implausible dress.

Toliudar
2009-11-22, 06:27 PM
Much easier to have the sorceress as the main character, and the BSF as the third level goliath warmage cohort. Charisma focus and all...

Calmar
2009-11-22, 06:32 PM
Maybe you could use one of the paladin variants (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#paladinVariantsFreedom SlaughterAndTyranny) instead of the blackguard PrC.

Fastmover
2009-11-22, 06:33 PM
Much easier to have the sorceress as the main character, and the BSF as the third level goliath warmage cohort. Charisma focus and all...

Maybe, but I've always had probs playing female chars because I always absorb my chars. Plus I'm more of a fighter rather than a glass cannon.

Fastmover
2009-11-22, 06:34 PM
Hmm.. I was also thinking of making him either Human or Drow. Female Most likely Drow.

Radiun
2009-11-22, 06:39 PM
She could also be a necromancer with an armoured Frost Giant skeleton acquired through Animate Dead

Foryn Gilnith
2009-11-22, 09:03 PM
Drow are useless due to LA +2. Those characters do not look useless. Ergo, do not use Drow. >_<

Claudius Maximus
2009-11-22, 09:09 PM
Getting the wings on the big guy will be hard at ECL 6, or worse 4. He doesn't strike me as an Avariel or a Raptoran, and the Winged template is LA +2. Favored Soul works for high levels, but he won't have the wings at your level.

There is a Lesser Drow race detailed in PGtF, if you don't want to eat the LA for being a Drow.

Looking at that picture, my first impression is Half-Fiend Goliath. LA +5 would be pretty rough though, especially at ECL 6.

deuxhero
2009-11-22, 09:20 PM

Prehaps it's a full body suit with a Hat of disguise?

Thurbane
2009-11-22, 09:32 PM
To match that pic, I'd probably go for some sort of Intimidate monster/melee tank. Maybe a cleric with the Dragon or Pact domains (both add Intimidate to your class skills) and the War domain (to grab MWP:Greatsword). Or maybe a Paladin of Tyranny, if you're happy to be evil.

...and yeah, his "minion" could be a Beguiler, or Sorcerer...maybe even a Warlock...

I'll write up a sample 6th level build when I'm at my books. :smallsmile:

deuxhero
2009-11-22, 09:35 PM
Given the picture, I don't think evil alignment is an issue.

Eldariel
2009-11-22, 09:37 PM
She's obviously an Enchantress Sorceress. I mean, duh. I was enchanted just looking at the picture! This also means she has a nice fat Cha and thus picks Leadership for a nice fat Crusader 4 Cohort in Mechanus Gear (I mean, c'mon, it's obvious).

Flavor alignment to taste; that works with any.

deuxhero
2009-11-22, 09:43 PM
She could be using the UA enchanter variant to drop her familiar for leadership.

Randel
2009-11-22, 10:09 PM
She could also be a necromancer with an armoured Frost Giant skeleton acquired through Animate Dead

Or she could be a necromancer with the Skeleton Minion alternate class feature to replace her familiar. Get her skeleton minion to dress up in a big suit of armor and fight for her... not sure if she can direct spells through it to give it disguise self or other spells. Could pull it off at 1st level if she really wants to.

Thurbane
2009-11-23, 02:24 AM
Human Paragon 3/Cleric of Iuz 3 (Domains Tickery, Tyranny)

H Willing Deformity
1 Deformity (Tall)
B Martial Weapon Proficiency (Greatsword)
B Power Attack
3 Intimidating Strike
6 Leadership

Cohort: Human Sorcerer 4 (heading for the Fiend-Blooded PrC)
H Eschew Material
1 Blood Calls to Blood
3 Knowledge Devotion (The Planes)