PDA

View Full Version : [3.5]Use Magical Device and The Holy Avenger

Beelzebub1111
2009-11-22, 08:29 PM
Using the straight up rules. I figure a warlock could use a Holy Avenger by level 8 without any chance of failure. Tell me if I'm wrong here, but with Skill Focus (UMD), Magical Aptitude, an 18 charisma (Which every warlock worth their salt should have by eighth level anyways), and 11 ranks, they can take 10 on a UMD and fake both the paladin class requirement AND the alignment requirement. Unless I'm reading the skill wrong...they can use almost ANY magic item with no trouble at all (Aside from the most powerful clerical scrolls)

Please tell me if I'm wrong.

Foryn Gilnith
2009-11-22, 08:38 PM
18 charisma (Which every warlock worth their salt should have by eighth level anyways),

This is ambiguous.

Well, you blew two feats on it; you can have your stupid melee weapon that doesn't synergize at all with your class...

But yeah, warlocks are UMD masters.

herrhauptmann
2009-11-22, 09:45 PM
Go for broke! Magic item attunement!
Only make 1 UMD check, then no need to make another check at all until you use a different item with UMD

Beelzebub1111
2009-11-22, 11:04 PM
Go for broke! Magic item attunement!
Only make 1 UMD check, then no need to make another check at all until you use a different item with UMD
I'd never have to make another check anyways. just taking ten.

Glimbur
2009-11-22, 11:35 PM
What's really silly is getting a custom item of UMD so that you can abuse the SR of 5+Paladin Level for you and everyone next to you. Unlimited Greater Dispel Magic is also nice, but area only is unfortunate.

Probably still not worth the price though.