PDA

View Full Version : Stacking Miss Chances

Commander_Vimes
2009-11-22, 10:03 PM
I think my DM is actively plotting to kill me after I have largely avoided harm in the past few sessions. I have 150,000 gold to spend after we killed a dracolich and I am looking to buff my defenses with some miss chances but I'm having trouble finding some that stack.

Right now I'm looking at:

Greater Blurred Armor- 20% concealment

Lesser or Greater Cloak of Displacement- 20% or 50% chance as total concealment so I don't think it would stack with the Blurred effect

Blinking Armor- I don't like this unless I can find a way to avoid my own miss chance

Are there others out there that I haven't found?

Signmaker
2009-11-22, 10:04 PM
The Iconic Mirror Image.

KillianHawkeye
2009-11-22, 10:07 PM
You're right, miss chance from concealment doesn't stack. Try greater mirror image from Spell Compendium IIRC.

Acanous
2009-11-22, 10:07 PM
Take the blinking armor. Get yourself a ghost-touch weapon.

Signmaker
2009-11-22, 10:08 PM
Incorporeal!=Ethereal, so I don't think Ghost Touch works as you're intending it to.

Commander_Vimes
2009-11-22, 10:17 PM
I am playing a Cleric. Is there a way that I can access mirror image?

Signmaker
2009-11-22, 10:25 PM
Party Caster, UMD a wand via Magic Domain?

Commander_Vimes
2009-11-22, 10:27 PM
The only arcane caster is a bard, and I do not have the Magic Domain.

Signmaker
2009-11-22, 10:31 PM
The expensive way to fix that would be either a Domain Draught from the MiC or the Planar Touchstone feat from Planar Handbook +5exp+25gp, grabbing the Domain Power-granting location.

Stegyre
2009-11-22, 10:49 PM
The expensive way to fix that would be either a Domain Draught from the MiC or the Planar Touchstone feat from Planar Handbook +5exp+25gp, grabbing the Domain Power-granting location.
And the cheap way to fix it is to cast the Substitute Domain spell from Complete Champion: trade out one of your existing domains for another domain offered by your deity for 1 day / level (D).

Here's hoping you did something like devote yourself to a whole pantheon, instead of just one deity, so you'd have maximum selection.

The other alternative to the real problem is simply to announce that your character is "retiring" to found a legacy. Advance the clock ~20 years and roll up a "son" or "daughter" to carry on your adventuring tradition.

Tyndmyr
2009-11-23, 12:56 AM
Blur and Mirror Image stack. Wands and UMD are probably the cheap way to get this, but any particular means of doing so is great.

Also, flight is good. It doesn't directly stop attacks, but it does rule out the melee of everything that can't get to you, which is often a lotta mobs.

I also suggest protection from arrows, the AC buffs of your choice(build specific), and the SR granting spell of your choice. For added fun, tack on spell turning as you get to higher levels.

Death Ward is also a must.

Now, these aren't all miss chances per se, but they share the general goal of keeping you alive.