PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Druid PRC

Lord Blace
2009-11-22, 11:11 PM
I'm looking for an all-around good druid prestige class, but can't seem to find any. Help, please?

DragoonWraith
2009-11-22, 11:12 PM
The only thing that advances everything a Druid gets without losing levels is the Planar Shepherd, which is horribly broken (largely because it does advance everything a Druid gets without losing levels). Other than that, Druid 20 is probably the best Druid possible.

Lord Blace
2009-11-22, 11:15 PM
What book is planar shepherd in?

Dusk Eclipse
2009-11-22, 11:18 PM
Faiths of Eberron IIRC

Weezer
2009-11-22, 11:19 PM
Well the hands down best PrC for druids is Planar Shepherd from Faiths of Eberron. The problem its its horribly broken so you shouldn't take it in anything but the most optimized of parties. Aside from that Moonwalker is a good choice but its race specific for shifters so its not that popular. IIRC all the other prc's don't advance the three main aspects of druidhood; spellcasting, wildshape and the AC so its usually best just to go druid 20.

EDIT: gah ninja'd

Dusk Eclipse
2009-11-22, 11:23 PM
Well the hands down best PrC for druids is Planar Shepherd from Faiths of Eberron. The problem its its horribly broken so you shouldn't take it in anything but the most optimized of parties. Aside from that Moonspeaker is a good choice but its race specific for shifters so its not that popular. IIRC all the other prc's don't advance the three main aspects of druidhood; spellcasting, wildshape and the AC so its usually best just to go druid 20.

EDIT: gah ninja'd

Corrected it for you :smallsmile:

root9125
2009-11-22, 11:45 PM
Know what makes Druid better?

MOAR DRUID!!!

Kroy
2009-11-22, 11:48 PM
Know what makes Druid better?

MOAR DRUID!!!

Or Planar Shepard. Just saying...

Danin
2009-11-22, 11:48 PM
I'll throw in another vote for Moonspeaker. A fun class, very flavorful and uses my personal favorite race, the shifter.

Beyond that, maybe try finding what aspect of the druid you like most (Wild shape, casting, the animal companion, ect) and specialize in that. Master of Many Forms, although weaker than a standard druid is a fun variant and, lets be honest, unless you are playing with a group of other tier 1 characters you can take a power hit and still come out on top.