PDA

View Full Version : Devotion Feats for Monsters

Forevernade
2009-11-23, 07:18 AM
So lets say we have a Celestial Creature or a Fiendish Creature and increasing it's HD causes it to gain Feats, who here would think it fitting to give the creature (read:monster) a devotion feat?

What if, then we wanted to give a devotion feat (read:travel devotion) to a mount (read: paladin's celestial griffin mount)? :smallconfused: ... :smallbiggrin:

I think the second idea is just cheesy, but for the first idea (as a DM) I can still imagine smart celestial monsters taking devotion feats :smallsmile:

Prime32
2009-11-23, 07:22 AM
I prefer giving special mounts/animal companions Vow of Poverty. :smalltongue:

PhoenixRivers
2009-11-23, 07:38 AM
Protection Devotion is fun for mounts too.

Forevernade
2009-11-23, 08:02 AM
Though it doesnt pull it's weight as a feat (beacuse of character levels increasing power, not HD) Fire Devotion is cool, cinematically.

DM: Before you is a large band of zombies.
Me: My griffin bursts into flames, lighting up the area in a fantastic dazzle, pouncing onto the first zombie.
DM: *rolls* The zombie busts into flames.

But if wanting a useful one, Strength Devotion can't hurt (an extra slam and adamantium natural attacks).

Thurbane
2009-11-23, 09:19 PM
All depends on the monster/mount. Anything with a reasonable INT score should be able to take any feats they qualify for. Some feats are pretty inappropriate for animal INT creatures, even though by RAW they can take them.