PDA

View Full Version : lvl 12 adventure (4ed)

incubus5075
2009-11-23, 04:03 PM
HEY GUYS!!!! need some storyline twists for 4th edition FR lvl 12 characters. I'm DMing a we have a watersoul gensai shielding swordmage, an eladrin wizard, a githyanki archer ranger, and a tiefling artificer. We are in a FR setting but I also let my guys use any source book, including Eberron. The ranger started play in service to a king he despises but the king's personnal bodyguard is a dear friend of his. The ranger has two weeks left in his contract and I'm thinking about sending the group off on another mission for the king. King is a HUGE douche, he whines, pretends he is an awesome gladiator (he wears full plate amil and it is really the bodyguard winning the fights) to win over the peasants affection , and everyone loves him except for those close to him i.e the adventurers. I love making them work for someone they hate and the players love cutting him down and the king is to dumb to realiaze it. (an example is saying that the king sould try the spiked chain, it is a very rewarding and flashy weapon! Next day they come back and he is covered in cuts and slashes)

Anyway i was thinking of sending them to Luskan due to a rumor that an infamous and deadly assassin has taken a contract for the kings life. i need ideas, twists, and surpises that the characters won't see coming. If you need more info let me know

Zovc
2009-11-23, 04:14 PM
The assassin actually has a contract for the ranger's friend (aka the bodyguard), or simply has a contract to kill the party. "Oh, snap! We just made his job easier by comming here!"

incubus5075
2009-11-23, 04:23 PM
Hmm i like that one :) COme on out there, gimmee some ideas. Also What do you guiys think of me making an actual rogue pc to use as the assassin? Would it be to hard with all the dailies or to easy from lack of HP?

Hashmir
2009-11-23, 04:27 PM
Zovc's is good. Also, let's see...

The rumor was actually designed to get the PCs away from the king, so the assassin(s) can move in relatively unopposed.
The assassin isn't very loyal, and will gladly help the PCs find and kill her employer -- for a fee.
The "assassin" is really just some kid who wanted to improve his street cred -- and (unknown to him) happened to share the same name as an infamous assassin. In a fit of ill-thought-out bravado, he found and took a contract to kill someone (which he only got because of his name). After the adrenaline wore off, he realized that A) he's never killed anyone before, and B) he just took a contract to assassinate the king. Now he's in over his head, and he's absolutely terrified. He can't fulfill the contract, and he can't cancel it. Assuming the PCs are actually good, they'll need to help him take out his employers, ending the plot against the king and saving the young man's life.
I'll let you know if I think of anything else.

EDIT: I probably wouldn't make a PC for the party to fight; it won't be balanced properly. You're better off finding a solo monster that fits your theme. There should be plenty of them.